11 Arrested On Welfare Fraud Charges

Oct 2, 2008 Full story: WWNY-TV Watertown 591

The Lewis County Sheriff's Department has arrested 11 people in connection with alleged welfare fraud.

Full Story
turin resident

Long Lake, NY

#23 Oct 3, 2008
cock robin why don't that suprise me?
Granny

Caroga Lake, NY

#24 Oct 3, 2008
Whats Up Folks wrote:
maybe you folks would like to know how it is to be forced to take thirteen pills in the am three at noon and five at supper oh and dont forget two at bed time! Oh I thought not
So what exactly is your disability? And if you get SSI, do your kids also recive a check on your behalf? Does your wife? I'm not trying to give you a hard time, and I don't want to have to take 23 pills a day - not now, not ever! But it seems like you have some skills that could be marketed, you communicate well, you are pretty computer literate, many companies today allow telework, also known as telecommuting. If you can sit at your computer to be on here so frequently, you might be able to do the same or similar for some company. Just a thought...
none of your bussiness

AOL

#25 Oct 3, 2008
turin resident wrote:
you dont even know what he was charged with maybe it was all a misunderstanding..
Hey What

United States

#26 Oct 3, 2008
Been on the system for years. About time he got caught. If he can junk it, he can get a job. Alot more should go down with him.
Leota

Watertown, NY

#27 Oct 3, 2008
turin resident wrote:
Well it should surprise
you . You people don't even know what went on and why so please keep your opinion's to your selves until you know what is going on.
Leota

Watertown, NY

#28 Oct 3, 2008
Hey What wrote:
Been on the system for years. About time he got caught. If he can junk it, he can get a job. Alot more should go down with him.
put you real name on here idiot
wanna know

Remsen, NY

#29 Oct 3, 2008
what are all these people gonna do now to get out of working i wonder.....watch out ss

“The Return Of Jayman!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Port Leyden

#30 Oct 3, 2008
Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
So what exactly is your disability? And if you get SSI, do your kids also recive a check on your behalf? Does your wife? I'm not trying to give you a hard time, and I don't want to have to take 23 pills a day - not now, not ever! But it seems like you have some skills that could be marketed, you communicate well, you are pretty computer literate, many companies today allow telework, also known as telecommuting. If you can sit at your computer to be on here so frequently, you might be able to do the same or similar for some company. Just a thought...
My disabilities are as such that I cant be hired to work most anywhere. My problems are not going to be discussed on here so that no one will be feeling sorry for me. Im not looking for pity and as for work the work I have created for myself starts at 6:00 am and is not finished till 9:00 pm. Yes im forced to stop often but im not complaining. My work gives much back to society and also provides food for many. However it pays very little. Im happy to have work and i dont do it for the money. No my child dont get a check nor does my wife. She works out part time. But thats my business and ill thankyou all to stay of my ass and ill stay off yours in return. there you happy you made a specticle outof me!
turin resident

Long Lake, NY

#31 Oct 3, 2008
I know my opinion of him he is a weird one for sure. cops have to go there and restraion him when the ambulance is called there.
olfart

Watertown, NY

#32 Oct 3, 2008
I hope that some of those pills that you take are "chill pills" Jayman. You certainly appear to need some. Cool down dude, before you blow a gasket
yazooer

Watertown, NY

#33 Oct 3, 2008
I know one thing for sure leota, now that mr.robin's ass is in a sling anyone who sells or grows pot or does anything else illeagal that he know's about, better watch out cause' he's gonna be doing some heavy duty snitching. he does it every time he gets caught doing something illeagal himself. Oh, and by the way, tell old cock to stay off the tug hill with his little crew of pot field hunters, the boy's up there are laying out for him.
Granny

Caroga Lake, NY

#34 Oct 3, 2008
Believe it or not What's Up Folks, I was trying to be helpful. And you're right, none of my business. I commend you for what you do to help others. Really. And I would not want to be you or anyone with a disability having to take a couple dozen pills a day. I will stay off your ass, I didn't mean to offend you, but, you are a little touchy today, wouldn't you say? About this topic, and my post.
TheAnonymousOne

Rome, NY

#35 Oct 3, 2008
Whats Up Folks wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem to think im down on welfare recipiants and im not but Im on this damn ssi not bu choise!!!!!!!!!! and if you think I give a damn what you think then think again!
Perhaps your disability is your pent up anger. Slow down and re-read what PP wrote. She was not trying to be incendiary or accusing you of "living off the system." I think that disability insurance is misused also, but I cannot say you are as I do not know you and PP I cannot see where she was trying to accuse you of anything either. The wording by PP could have been worded a little bit different. Let's just calm down and step back and regroup here. Since Busy Bodie has not been here it has been really peaceful and civilized here, so lets just calm down and think aobut what we say before we say something.

Port Leyden

#36 Oct 4, 2008
turin resident wrote:
I know my opinion of him he is a weird one for sure. cops have to go there and restraion him when the ambulance is called there.
you lie like a rug

Port Leyden

#37 Oct 4, 2008
olfart wrote:
I hope that some of those pills that you take are "chill pills" Jayman. You certainly appear to need some. Cool down dude, before you blow a gasket
fortunatly some are!

Port Leyden

#38 Oct 4, 2008
Granny wrote:
Believe it or not What's Up Folks, I was trying to be helpful. And you're right, none of my business. I commend you for what you do to help others. Really. And I would not want to be you or anyone with a disability having to take a couple dozen pills a day. I will stay off your ass, I didn't mean to offend you, but, you are a little touchy today, wouldn't you say? About this topic, and my post.
I seem to be the target of a few on here and they dont even know me so if im touchy its with good reason. However I dont mean to unload on you.

Port Leyden

#39 Oct 4, 2008
TheAnonymousOne wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps your disability is your pent up anger. Slow down and re-read what PP wrote. She was not trying to be incendiary or accusing you of "living off the system." I think that disability insurance is misused also, but I cannot say you are as I do not know you and PP I cannot see where she was trying to accuse you of anything either. The wording by PP could have been worded a little bit different. Let's just calm down and step back and regroup here. Since Busy Bodie has not been here it has been really peaceful and civilized here, so lets just calm down and think aobut what we say before we say something.
What are you all so down on busy body for? shes always nice to me. Maybe it because im nice to her. i guess she dont like being bashed either
Granny

Caroga Lake, NY

#40 Oct 4, 2008
No one was bashing you. And like BB, y'all have a way of turning constructive advice, concerns and ideas into "bashing". She was nice to you and about you and you alone. She started rumors and innuendos constantly and had a sour attitude and negative comment about just about everything. Relax.
What happened to her

AOL

#41 Oct 4, 2008
Where did Busy Body go?
oh ya

Chazy, NY

#42 Oct 4, 2008
Whats Up Folks wrote:
<quoted text>
no im not talking about me. Im not on the system. Unless you call suplimental security income the system. I jut think many of us have been acused of many things and Im sure that most of us are not even close to cheating the system.
Guilty cause you replied

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Public hearing set to discuss the harboring of ... Dec 16 duh 1
Harrisville haunted trail to continue this weekend Dec 5 missy 3
kim pate Dec 3 reallydude 9
Fort drum living quarters for single private? Nov 30 wrfruthinking 2
New Law Signed by Coumo Nov '14 surprised 4
Copenhagen Village Resident Nov '14 onlooker 4
Champion firefighters air grievances (Jun '14) Jun '14 Local Volunteer 2
West Carthage Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Carthage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Carthage News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Carthage

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:26 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:26PM
Top-seeded Pats focus on regular-season finale - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 5:31 PM
A Red Sox Fan's Christmas Wish List for 2015
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
Bleacher Report 5:00 AM
Can't-Miss Picks and Matchup Guide
Bleacher Report 6:22 PM
Merry Christmas from Tom & Gisele