11 Arrested On Welfare Fraud Charges

Oct 2, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WWNY-TV Watertown

The Lewis County Sheriff's Department has arrested 11 people in connection with alleged welfare fraud.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of591
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Okie

Chazy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

Judged:

I`M leaving,for Antartica, don`t like that phase more arrests are expected. LOL
about time

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

Judged:

finally getting the ones who cheat the system ....then maybe the people who really need help can get it...
Scammer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

Judged:

about time wrote:
finally getting the ones who cheat the system ....then maybe the people who really need help can get it...
You could not be more right. I can not wait to see more.
TheAnonymousOne

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

It will be interesting to see who else gets caught.

“The Return Of Jayman!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Port Leyden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

well I guess theirs no argument with the facts. this is definitely uncalled for by people who have been given the benefit of the doubt. It is a disturbing piece of news that's for sure. However in the future I will still give those who are accused the benefit of the doubt because until an investigation is complete its still a rumor.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

I have to agree with all else on this. Its complete and utterly disgusting. If you don't need the help stay away so that those that do need and deserve it can get it. And besides how could you not figure that they would eventually catch up with you guys. Come on back to the reality check of life people.
Ivy

Caroga Lake, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

I agree If people need the help then ok but if you cheat the system then you deserve to get caught. So let the people who are down and out get the help , every one eles you will get caught sooner or later it dosen,t pay to cheat and you know who you are !!!!!

Port Leyden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

I notice you folks seem to talk to those who have cheated the system as though they are on topix. Im not sure one of those in mention have been on here. However let us not forget the word "allegedly" yes its an extremely long shot but it is a possibility. We could only wish there was some chance that these people are innocent but most likely their not.
Ivy

Caroga Lake, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

I dont know if any of those mentioned are on here either I was just saying that its not right to cheat the system and if you do you will get caught.I,m not accusing because i dont know . Sorry J if IT SOUNED LIKE THAT.
Okie

Chazy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

Nows time to check the handicap and weed out the cheaters. And see who is cheating our social security system. The system claims they will run out of money in 2040, so where does that leave our grandchildren? Any negative replies to this, and you are concidered guilty as charged. Sure many people are handicapped, but some just fake it to go for the free ride.
Poop lips lover

Theresa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

How come it never says "why" they got it for welfare fraud? like did they not tell them they are working? or umm..what did they do i wonder to get in trouble..i mean they are innocent until proven guilty.I wouldnt want to be in the news as welfare fraud thank god they wont give me help.i would be turning in my s*** color for that day by what i hear they want to know all.anyways if they were cheating the system they deserve it i guess.sucks ppl that need help can never get it. I tried to get food stamps once and they were gonna give me 20$ a month and i was pregnant with my first child.Sad thing is all the ppl involved will get welfare in the future.

Port Leyden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

Ivy wrote:
I dont know if any of those mentioned are on here either I was just saying that its not right to cheat the system and if you do you will get caught.I,m not accusing because i dont know . Sorry J if IT SOUNED LIKE THAT.
no im not talking about me. Im not on the system. Unless you call suplimental security income the system. I jut think many of us have been acused of many things and Im sure that most of us are not even close to cheating the system.

Port Leyden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

Okie wrote:
Nows time to check the handicap and weed out the cheaters. And see who is cheating our social security system. The system claims they will run out of money in 2040, so where does that leave our grandchildren? Any negative replies to this, and you are concidered guilty as charged. Sure many people are handicapped, but some just fake it to go for the free ride.
Hey stupid! if any fool would cheat for a measly 650.00 per month they are handicapped mentaly
Life was sooo much easier when I was working!If you fall into this catigory some day you will see.
New mexico here i come

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

Okie wrote:
I`M leaving,for Antartica, don`t like that phase more arrests are expected. LOL
Did you say more arrest? I'm out of here!!!!
Proud Parent

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

Whats Up Folks wrote:
<quoted text>
no im not talking about me. Im not on the system. Unless you call suplimental security income the system. I jut think many of us have been acused of many things and Im sure that most of us are not even close to cheating the system.
If you are on Supplimental Security Income, then what is that? I would consider that on the "system", I would consider that you have a disability of some sort and that you can't work for some reason - physical, mental, etc., so yes, you are on the "system". Be careful of who you are judging, because some day it may come back to bite you. I don't agree at all with people cheating the welfare system at all - there have been generations of families on the system for years because they are too lazy to work, and then there are people like the ones who have gotten caught stealing thousands of dollars from the welfare system, it needs to stop. If you truly need the help then fine, but if people are too lazy to work, then no, go get a job and support yourself and you family and quit depending on the system to do for you what you should do for yourself.

Sorry if I defending anyone, but that is the way that I was taught by my parents, and yes I work full time and have for the past 24 years and will continue until I retire and I don't know when that will be.
Granny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

Proud Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are on Supplimental Security Income, then what is that? I would consider that on the "system", I would consider that you have a disability of some sort and that you can't work for some reason - physical, mental, etc., so yes, you are on the "system". Be careful of who you are judging, because some day it may come back to bite you. I don't agree at all with people cheating the welfare system at all - there have been generations of families on the system for years because they are too lazy to work, and then there are people like the ones who have gotten caught stealing thousands of dollars from the welfare system, it needs to stop. If you truly need the help then fine, but if people are too lazy to work, then no, go get a job and support yourself and you family and quit depending on the system to do for you what you should do for yourself.
Sorry if I defending anyone, but that is the way that I was taught by my parents, and yes I work full time and have for the past 24 years and will continue until I retire and I don't know when that will be.
I agree Proud Parent - 100%.
yooo people

Chazy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

me too 100 %

Port Leyden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

Proud Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem to think im down on welfare recipiants and im not but Im on this damn ssi not bu choise!!!!!!!!!! and if you think I give a damn what you think then think again!

Port Leyden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

maybe you folks would like to know how it is to be forced to take thirteen pills in the am three at noon and five at supper oh and dont forget two at bed time! Oh I thought not
Mr Boo

Chazy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

Whats Up Folks wrote:
maybe you folks would like to know how it is to be forced to take thirteen pills in the am three at noon and five at supper oh and dont forget two at bed time! Oh I thought not
Then you should change your name to Pillman ha ha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of591
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent West Carthage Discussions

Search the West Carthage Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Nine involved, one injured, in three-car accide... 7 hr Riparian 1
tabor (Apr '12) 13 hr jose einstein 2
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 23 hr MacDaddyobama 6,274
Copenhagen Fire's Newest Officer Tue lucky4uimme 91
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Tue none 6,182
'Nymphomaniac' gets U.S. release date Apr 13 curious jorge 5
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Apr 12 Twillner 699
•••

Flood Warning for Jefferson County was issued at April 17 at 11:36AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
West Carthage Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

West Carthage Jobs

•••
•••