Price Chopper Opening Five

Price Chopper Opening Five

There are 22 comments on the Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal story from May 14, 2010, titled Price Chopper Opening Five. In it, Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal reports that:

Price Chopper Inc. plans to open five North Country grocery stores over a three-day period beginning May 24 with ribbon-cutting events that feature music, veteran's groups, flag raisings and local dignitaries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Mason

New Hartford, NY

#1 May 17, 2010
When you go into one of the new five Price Chopper stores, look around! Most of the past P&C workers and probably all full time workers will be gone! People who have lived in your area all of there lives. People who have 20 years Knowledge replaced by someone Price Chopper brought in from other areas and given full time! Those poor folks were kicked by P&C, Tops, and The worst of the bunch, Price Chopper. You threw out a lot of good workers that would have gave 110%! I myself will not shop your stores and Walmart gets another customer! p.s. watch your prices close! They will probably go up after they get comfortable!
Heywood Jablomy

Ithaca, NY

#2 May 17, 2010
According to quite a few former P&C employees I've talked to, they chose not to go back because PriceChopper would start them out at $8.50/hr. It was not PriceChopper who kicked them out. And on the other hand, I know a few former P&C employees who will be working at PriceChopper. Get your facts straight and find something else to bitch about.
real nice

Ithaca, NY

#3 May 18, 2010
yeah like walmart is really a better place to go they are the reason we dont have any stores around anymore
News Watcher

Brooklyn, NY

#4 May 18, 2010
If someone has 20 years with P&C they can retire and not care about Price Chopper. A job is a job.
dee

Brooklyn, NY

#5 May 19, 2010
Price Chopper sounds good tome...lets give them a chance...
gratefull

Ilion, NY

#6 May 19, 2010
im gratefull for price choppe to come extra compatiotion help keep prices down with out it walmart can raise prices easiely and with all walmart has there is alot of things i like that i couldnt get there .and i do watch prices carefully as i dont have a benifit card to pay for it
carthage

Moravia, NY

#7 Jun 2, 2010
alot of p&c workers didn't want to go to a non union job price choppers is a good store . there are a few that work there still so your not getting the whole story go into the store and ask questions there are alot of friendly workers there .
News Watcher

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jun 2, 2010
I had a chance to check out Potsdam Price Chopper over the weekend. The prices are not as low as P&C for instance fresh seafood is double the price of P&C. Meat although much better than walmart, still pretty expensive. I can remember better deals in Oberg and Malone at price chopper. Hopefully after the newness wears off they will be more competitive once they recoup the money spent on the remodels. I would only shop at Price Chopper but for now will have to go between there and walmart to get the best deals.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#9 Jun 2, 2010
News Watcher wrote:
I had a chance to check out Potsdam Price Chopper over the weekend. The prices are not as low as P&C for instance fresh seafood is double the price of P&C. Meat although much better than walmart, still pretty expensive. I can remember better deals in Oberg and Malone at price chopper. Hopefully after the newness wears off they will be more competitive once they recoup the money spent on the remodels. I would only shop at Price Chopper but for now will have to go between there and walmart to get the best deals.
BINGO!!! Thats why P &C went out of Business. They didn't charge enough money for things!!
concerned employee

Troy, NY

#10 Jun 2, 2010
why do u think your mall is closing down little by little. walmart closes stores all around u and your complaining because price chopper came to town. P&C and the UNION closed that store not price chopper. they came to town and provided jobs in what seems to be a recession. stop complaining and give it a chance. at least shop the sale items.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#11 Jun 2, 2010
concerned employee wrote:
why do u think your mall is closing down little by little. walmart closes stores all around u and your complaining because price chopper came to town. P&C and the UNION closed that store not price chopper. they came to town and provided jobs in what seems to be a recession. stop complaining and give it a chance. at least shop the sale items.
I agree with you. People are pissing and moaning that price chopper came to town. are they fuckingg idiots or what? I shop for a deal its its not usually at walmart although I will buy a select few things there. Aldi's rocks but not for everything and Good ole hannafords...I'm surprised its lasted this long. It was a great store in its hey day!!
News Watcher

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Jun 3, 2010
concerned employee wrote:
I am not complaining, just stating my most recent experience. I will shop there. Was there yesterday again as a matter of fact. The recession also impacts the people who shop in the stores. People are comparing prices more than ever. I have alway's liked Price Chopper and it is my store of choice. Keep your free gas and lower the prices. After all, nothing is free.

“never let fear power your life”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#13 Jun 4, 2010
why is it that alot of people got fired becouse of the forums about price chopper?

do you people have no life?

wow you disgust me!
i think

Poland, NY

#14 Jun 10, 2010
i think sade E still works there...
i think

Speculator, NY

#15 Jun 10, 2010
I think Sade E still works there...
Demons

East Syracuse, NY

#16 Jul 1, 2010
i think wrote:
I think Sade E still works there...
That's a good one.......
Low prices

United States

#17 Jul 1, 2010
If you think Price Chopper is high priced and don't like Walmart you could try one of the local Big M's in Norwood and Potsdam. They have excellent sales, decent priced and nice employees.

Since: Dec 09

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Jul 1, 2010
The Big M in potsdam needs to be demolished. It stinks of mold like the Great American did in Massena. Who wants a slice of bread that tastes like that store smells. YUCK!!! Price chopper has better prices since they first opened but I find you have to be careful what you get because walmart same items are cheaper. Price chopper meat deals are good.

Since: Jan 10

Queensbury, NY

#19 Jul 12, 2010
PC can charge whatever they want to in small towns because there is NO competition in small towns unless you feel like driving 1 hour to get to a decent size city. Not all PC are clean, either. PC meat is MORE expensive than any other store in my area because they have to pay for their gas program and people still believe they feel like they're getting a great deal. PC store #1 smells almost as bad as my kitty litter box....
Comedian

New Hartford, NY

#20 Jul 29, 2010
I think they should piss test them all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Utica man sent to prison for Lowville Walmart t... (Aug '13) Sep 25 Harry Bawls 14
Water Sep 25 You know who 1
News Fort Drum solider arrested for criminal sex act... (Jul '12) Sep 15 Not intimidated 16
Missing Obituary Sep 12 Tragic situation 9
News Carthage man accused of abusing child (Jul '09) Sep 4 Only God can judge 53
Should She Be Apr '16 Concerned Taxpayer 1
News West Carthage considering dissolution of villag... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Ben C Franklin 1

West Carthage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Carthage Mortgages