Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me this: did you ever fire a gun in your life? Do you have any experience at all? Because by your response, it seems you have no knowledge of firearms.
The gun I carry on the street is a Smith and Wesson 9 mm. It has a 15 round clip which I keep hollow points in. I can empty that clip in a matter of seconds. If I needed more ammunition, I can drop that clip and put another 15 round clip in less than two seconds. That means I can shoot 30 rounds of ammunition in under 30 seconds. And if you don't know, a 9mm is a handgun.
Now if I were crazed and decided to go on a shooting spree of some kind, then I would purchase more clips and cause the same amount of damage as I could with any other higher powered or larger ammo capacity firearm. I can fit 2 clips in each of my front pockets and two in each of my rear pockets. If I'm wearing a coat, I can store at least seven or eight clips.
In other words, these regulations if enacted would not prevent another school or mall shooting. Stronger doors, armed security guards, video cameras in halls and doorways, yes, that I can see. But reducing the size of clips or caliber of a gun will not stop one similar shooting like this latest one. And it doesn't comfort me that the next shooting only resulted in 18 kids instead of 20. That's not an answer to anything. It's only more government control over our lives.
You are aware that shooter of Gabrielle Giffords was tackled and restrained from killing more people as he attempted to replace his emptied magazine. Right?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't stronger doors, armed guards and video cameras more government control over our lives?
IF ordered by law...YES...IF the alarm or camera info goes to the government...YES it would be. Then there's the fact that many rifles have 3 - 10 round clips/magazines but have 25, 50 or even 100 rnd clips/magazines available that did NOT require recording of the sale although the factory weapon is/was 100% legal at the time of sale. There is absolutely NO way to recind those previous unrecorded lawful sales in 10 lifetimes.
Then there is the pump/semi-automatic shotgun. One that I own was made in the 50's that I traded for by a company that no longer exist & I am NOT the only person in such a position.
The government has NO reason to fear firearms in public hands unless they violate the 2nd amendment. OR the 3rd amendment OR the 4th amendment OR the 5th amendment etc etc.
In fact, the 2nd amendment was written to guard against such infringement of all other rights. That is why the 2nd amendment is worded so succiently (sp)
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know how public schools are governed, do you?
Yes I do. Schools are governed by the school board which are local elected officials to run them. They are funded by city or township tax dollars. At times, state funds are needed for further help. Federal government at times are involved too such as school lunch programs and perhaps school vouchers. However, the federal government is not involved with security at schools. Again, a local issue to be funded by city or township taxpayers if they should opt to do so.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are aware that shooter of Gabrielle Giffords was tackled and restrained from killing more people as he attempted to replace his emptied magazine. Right?
Okay, so what is your point? If he had smaller magazines, would that have prevented this murder attempt on Giffords? You do know that he was using a simple handgun and not an assault weapon--do you not?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly you must be to make that ridiculous comparison. And in the future, if you don't have the maturity to reply without insults, then don't reply at all and do us both a favor.
You're freedom to travel is a fundamental Constitutional right guaranteed under the Privileges and Immunities Clause, the First Amendment, and the Citizenship Clause of 14th Amendment.

But it still may be reasonably regulated/restricted by the states commensurate to the implied governmental interest at stake.

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're freedom to travel is a fundamental Constitutional right guaranteed under the Privileges and Immunities Clause, the First Amendment, and the Citizenship Clause of 14th Amendment.
But it still may be reasonably regulated/restricted by the states commensurate to the implied governmental interest at stake.
woof
the 2nd amendment protects your 1st amendment rights.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
And Congress or the State Legislatures may Constitutionally restrict/regulate the fundamental rights provided for under both, under certain circumstances.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>YOU have a point, Most of my weapons have been traded for, or predate 1968. That is one big reason why trying to find & or consficate personal privately owned weapons would be all but totally fruitless. Only the honest non-offending would turn in their weapons, the criminal & deranged would NOT turn in weapons. Then the honest & sane would be defenseless!!
I haven't heard anyone suggest that people should be forced to turn in weapons.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so what is your point? If he had smaller magazines, would that have prevented this murder attempt on Giffords? You do know that he was using a simple handgun and not an assault weapon--do you not?
Simple handgun with a 33 round clip, XX. That is an assault weapon, I believe.

2011 Tucson shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tucson_shooting

On January 8, 2011, U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords and eighteen other ... was reported to be a 9mm Glock 19 semi-automatic pistol with a 33-round magazine....[31] Following the shooting, the roads surrounding the shopping center were shut .... Authorities have said the alleged shooter's motivation was unknown.
Magazine for Gun that Felled Giffords Could Not Have Been ... news.firedoglake.com/2011/01/09/magazine-for-... ...

Jan 9, 2011 ... The alleged shooter in Arizona was attempting to reload his weapon when a ... Loughner would not have been able to unload more than 10 rounds, 22 less than .... reply Login to Reply · sadlyyes January 9th, 2011 at 5:48 pm. 31 ..... got myself an HD camera…more pics coming soon as weather behaves ...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Article III does that.
Thomas Scutillo

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

we should force people to live in rubber buildings for that Regulatory Compliance stretch
Thomas Scutillo

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

it is fun watching the bubble of Regulatory Compliance blow up huh?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Thomas Scutillo wrote:
we should force people to live in rubber buildings for that Regulatory Compliance stretch
http://www.cato.org/pubs/articles/levy_Second...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/29/us/29scotus...

woof

“ DRIVE-BY POSTS 4 CONSERVATISM”

Since: Sep 11

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Did the school have a policy of no guns on school property?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple handgun with a 33 round clip, XX. That is an assault weapon, I believe.
2011 Tucson shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tucson_shooting
On January 8, 2011, U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords and eighteen other ... was reported to be a 9mm Glock 19 semi-automatic pistol with a 33-round magazine....[31] Following the shooting, the roads surrounding the shopping center were shut .... Authorities have said the alleged shooter's motivation was unknown.
Magazine for Gun that Felled Giffords Could Not Have Been ... news.firedoglake.com/2011/01/09/magazine-for-... ...
Jan 9, 2011 ... The alleged shooter in Arizona was attempting to reload his weapon when a ... Loughner would not have been able to unload more than 10 rounds, 22 less than .... reply Login to Reply · sadlyyes January 9th, 2011 at 5:48 pm. 31 ..... got myself an HD camera…more pics coming soon as weather behaves ...
every gun is an assault weapon in the hands of the mentally ill.

so are:

cars, planes, knives, beer bottles, clotheslines, sharp sticks, pencils, hands, feet, mouths, bats, golf clubs, knitting needles, plastic bag, pillow, tape, water, gas, matches, lighter, drano, scissors, hammer, shovel, axe, bicycle, food, air, airplanes, propane tanks full or empty, cell phone chargers, pliers, electricity, animals, rocks, motorcycle, bus, trains, etc.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you are right
we are going over the cliff; and everyone is getting a tax hike
then the debt ceiling will be held forcing over a trillion dollars a year of wasteful govt spending
the govt forced to close over half the useless agencies awaiting 4 years till a leader can lead the govt to prosperity again.
you were right
100% of the population will have tax increases
thank the child in the white house who thinks he can negotiate.
Hey Nostradamus. Looks like you lose again.

Sources told CNN over the weekend that Boehner's latest proposal dropped Republican opposition to two key demands by President Barack Obama -- higher tax rates on the wealthiest Americans and an automatic extension of the federal debt limit.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/17/politics/fiscal...

Any other predictions?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sources told CNN over the weekend that Boehner's latest proposal dropped Republican opposition to two key demands by President Barack Obama -- higher tax rates on the wealthiest Americans and an automatic extension of the federal debt limit.
Any other predictions?
I'm betting that he'll predict (incorrectly) that no new federal firearm regulations will be passed by Congress within the next two years.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm betting that he'll predict (incorrectly) that no new federal firearm regulations will be passed by Congress within the next two years.
woof
There is not too much left for him to be wrong about.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Any other predictions?
sounds like someone will be fired next election.

going over the cliff is necessary for many many reasons.

government is not being responsible; and also not listening to their employers.( Taxpayers)

going over the cliff will raise every bodies taxes.

Good!

Let that be a lesson for everyone as to what happens when you live beyond your means; and pay down debt so as to not to create eventual bankruptcy. We created it.

Did you hear me....we created it.

Debt ceiling......it is the ceiling.

the government is out of control in what appears a deliberate attempt to force society on some type of assistance while creating destructive paths to accumulate wealth.
Can you see pattern for power grab over the people?
In 30 years is the President the wizard of Oz?

Government bailing out companies is done in bankruptcy court. The taxpayers eat the bill.
overstepping that....we are empowering Government way to much for safety of liberty.

going over the cliff will shut down what the government itself calls non-necessary departments.

every single line item of expenditure must be analyzed for prioritization of importance., negotiate new deals with procurement, and all waste of duplication. Improve economies of scale to accommodate available to pay from cash flow. Higher taxes are needed to lower principal that lowers interest burden for future. We can't pay it off. We is you and me and everyone else.

after about 10 years of this we will have cleaned up our campsite.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

DON W SOUTH wrote:
Did the school have a policy of no guns on school property?
under Federal law you Cant have a gun within 1000ft of a school but it said that Connecticut a Ultra Psuedo Liberal state with all the gun control laws they have and rank #3 in the United States According to the Ultra Pseudo Liberals this would have not happened, but if somebody or a School Faculity member had a CCW and been allowed to carry the death toll would have been less but there again the Pseudo Liberal Gun Control Laws only affect the law abiding citizens and the law abiding citizens were the victims of the Ultra Pseudo Liberals gun control laws.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent West Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug 2 gary 2,230
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 23 They cannot kill ... 231
Rival wants investigation of DeWine bid process Jul '14 They cannot kill ... 1
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Bobby Nye 178
Ohioans demand cities remove red light, speed c... Jun '14 DOUGLAS 1
It was worth my library money to see my library... (Apr '11) May '14 Library Lover 21

Search the West Carrollton Forum:
•••
•••
•••

West Carrollton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

West Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••