West Carrollton OKs one levy, rejects one

May 4, 2010 Full story: Dayton Daily News

With 100 percent of precincts in, voters in the West Carrollton City Schools district defeated a three-year, 3.25-mill additional operating levy by a vote of 2,567 to 1,972, according to unofficial results from the board of elections.

Full Story
wc resident

United States

#1 May 6, 2010
We can not afford to keep raising the property taxes. It is not only the schools going after money, it is gasoline, groceries, clothing, transportation and everything else. We are all expected to support these levies even though we have had to cut our expenses to the max. I agree that the teachers need to have good pay and benefits, but you guys want fancy schools that are expensive to operate. You need to go back to the basics. When the feds gave you $4MM part of it could have gone to the teachers and benefits. The school board and the city need to learn how to run efficiently just like the citizens of the USA have had to. If the money isn't there -- you don't get a pay raise or an improvement in your health insurance. I also thought that teaching was a choosen profession to help the kids, now its all about the money, not dedication. I would like to be positive, and see the schools get all they want, but property and income taxes have out grown my income. Now my property value has declined to the point that I can't even sell my house for what I paid for it 10 years ago. Get real, manage the money that you have, just like I have to do. One other request -- I have grand children that come home from school saying that the teacher said that if the levy doesn't pass we'll lose this and that. Please quit using the children

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr ino 31,495
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug '14 gary 2,230
Rival wants investigation of DeWine bid process Jul '14 They cannot kill ... 1
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Bobby Nye 178
Ohioans demand cities remove red light, speed c... Jun '14 DOUGLAS 1

West Carrollton Jobs

West Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Carrollton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Carrollton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]