Sheriff Evangelidis is his own man - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Lewis Evangelidis said he arrived at the Worcester County House of Correction on Jan.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Time will tell

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

I was turned off by his negitive campaign, let's see if he can redeem himself now.
Political Hack

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

Who does he think he is? I've got a bunch of useless reletives with no skills that need a do nothing job for life.I've got promises to keep. That's not how we do business in Massachusetts.
Sammy R

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

If he still plans on running for McGoverns seat in four years he's got A LOT TO PROVE.
Clement

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

Where does Glodis sit in the Sherrifs administration?
OUT

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

Clement wrote:
Where does Glodis sit in the Sherrifs administration?
He doesn't.....
AAA

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

I don't see where having a college education or military background is going to make a better CO. After working at the jail for 15 years under 2 sheriffs I found that the dumbest CO's had college degrees, they were not smart enough to make it in the private world and didn't have the stones to make it at the jail. Also many of the new officers with a college background didn't last long, maybe a year at most. The real education comes from on the job training. Also many officers that had criminal justice degrees had other goals, working at the jail for life wasn't it. The jail was a stepping stone to other careers in police departments or parole and probation. As far as requiring military experiance, some ex military CO"s were great others were on serious power trips and caused alot of problems with inmates. I would like to know what are his plans with the Deputy Sheriffs who serve papers, most are useless political hacks with little or no actual police experiance. He is only 3 weeks into his job, he is doing alot talking let see what happens in 6 months.
Well said

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

AAA wrote:
I don't see where having a college education or military background is going to make a better CO. After working at the jail for 15 years under 2 sheriffs I found that the dumbest CO's had college degrees, they were not smart enough to make it in the private world and didn't have the stones to make it at the jail. Also many of the new officers with a college background didn't last long, maybe a year at most. The real education comes from on the job training. Also many officers that had criminal justice degrees had other goals, working at the jail for life wasn't it. The jail was a stepping stone to other careers in police departments or parole and probation. As far as requiring military experiance, some ex military CO"s were great others were on serious power trips and caused alot of problems with inmates. I would like to know what are his plans with the Deputy Sheriffs who serve papers, most are useless political hacks with little or no actual police experiance. He is only 3 weeks into his job, he is doing alot talking let see what happens in 6 months.
Very informative. Thank you.
fitch

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

Cannot really support the college education or military experience piece of his employment plan, alot of qualified people have neither and are often better employees

Hope he does well, the alternative was just a bad choice
Politician Lew

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

The politician before him started off the same way, once a politician always a politician. Why is this position so political? This guys just using it as a stepping stone, just wait and see. They way he campaigned showed his true colors, don't let him snow us.
AAA

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

fitch wrote:
Cannot really support the college education or military experience piece of his employment plan, alot of qualified people have neither and are often better employees
Hope he does well, the alternative was just a bad choice
College does not teach common sense or a good work ethic and honesty, just look at the highly educated @$$holes in the state house, washington, wall street and corporate america. What he should do is require high education and relivent work experiance for promotions to captains and deputies. No more drinking buddies in admintrative roles.
piss off

Northbridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

Yea good for you sheriff, more worried about your inmates than your own employees. Just so everybody is aware big Lew hasn't even introduced himself to his employees, more concerned about the inmates as usual.Nobody is happy and politcs hasn't gone anywhere. thiers more press coming in and out of here getting smoke blown up their asses then anything. If we wanted to we couldn't even talk with him cause of all his new locks added. And just so everybody is clear, we have experienced losing a fellow officer this past summer and now all of a sudden we can't even wear his memorial hat anymore because it isn't all black or it doenst have a stupid sheriff star on it. Talk about absolutley no respect. Yea great job Lew, somehow better off with Guy as bad as that sounds.
Sammy R

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

Time will show he's JUST A POLITICIAN. He says what he has to say, it's all spin just like his campaign lies.
Sammy R

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

When I felt his limp handshake I knew he wasn't sincere.
4gvness

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

It's very rewarding to know the Sheriff has not only been "elected" but has a sincere desire to do well. A breath of fresh air.. We all pray that many of the detainees will do well also under his supervision and guidance
Realist

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

4gvness wrote:
It's very rewarding to know the Sheriff has not only been "elected" but has a sincere desire to do well. A breath of fresh air.. We all pray that many of the detainees will do well also under his supervision and guidance
What flavor is that Kool-aid you drink?
enough

Northbridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

I can understand skepticism towards any new Sheriff, but the haters in the jail aren't even giving him a chance. According to this story, he's not taking contributions from employees, he's not taking support letters from legislators. I don't get how that's a bad thing. Maybe the haters are angry they can't buy their promotions anymore??
AAA

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

enough wrote:
I can understand skepticism towards any new Sheriff, but the haters in the jail aren't even giving him a chance. According to this story, he's not taking contributions from employees, he's not taking support letters from legislators. I don't get how that's a bad thing. Maybe the haters are angry they can't buy their promotions anymore??
These "haters" know the jail system and politics. He's doing alot of talking, many of his so called plans are not new. So far he is going after the rank and file, the real problems are at the managment level, captains, deputies support staff. That is were the real problems are. And what about the Deputy Sheriffs? there are more retired state employees working as Deputies serving papers, the office is loaded with "double dippers". Big deal so he won't take written recommdations from pols or judges! there are other ways. Again let see what happens in six months to a year.
4gvness

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

enough wrote:
I hate to be vindictive but why arent these people that are so concerned with the limited amount of promotions not going to school for a flippin Associate Degree. If they're so capable shouldn't they be able to handle this. Heck, I'd bet my next raise the get nearly 100% reimbursement. The Tuition is free ! And,, if you went to school you would understand. It's my money too and thats how I want it spent. Get a grip !
No hack jobs

Acton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

Sherrif Lew- Just don't do what they just did in Barnstable County. It smells like a hack-a-rama no better than the D's, giving Jeff Perry a $110K job that had been vacant for 2 years. No job posting, no competition, just handed to a friend.
GED

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2011

piss off wrote:
Yea good for you sheriff, more worried about your inmates than your own employees. Just so everybody is aware big Lew hasn't even introduced himself to his employees, more concerned about the inmates as usual.Nobody is happy and politcs hasn't gone anywhere. thiers more press coming in and out of here getting smoke blown up their **** then anything. If we wanted to we couldn't even talk with him cause of all his new locks added. And just so everybody is clear, we have experienced losing a fellow officer this past summer and now all of a sudden we can't even wear his memorial hat anymore because it isn't all black or it doenst have a stupid sheriff star on it. Talk about absolutley no respect. Yea great job Lew, somehow better off with Guy as bad as that sounds.
Carry a photo of the lost officer in your wallet, shut your mouth and do your job! You are a bigger baby than the losers in the cages. Or perhaps, if you don't like working at the jail, you could fake a back injury like so many of your "brothers" and sit home and watch Springer on the taxpayers' dime.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

West Boylston News Video

•••
West Boylston Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

West Boylston Jobs

•••
•••
•••