First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stella

Marshfield, MO

#1 Jan 21, 2013
Does anyone know anything about his church school ? What do they believe in ?
amy

Steelville, MO

#2 Aug 23, 2013
They're very good people. Would help anyone out that needed it, they are Pentecostal.
CountryGirl

Steelville, MO

#3 Sep 24, 2013
Stella wrote:
Does anyone know anything about his church school ? What do they believe in ?
Stay away from them!!!!!! It is a cult. He sleeps with the ladies of the church, you pay thirty percent in "tithes" he has been known to steel from the elderly saying God told Hiim they are to sign their property over to them. He is plain EVIL!
know first hand

Branson, MO

#4 Jan 19, 2014
Country Girl is right! Hope you stayed away from there!!! He owns the people that he has gotten to stay there and has stolen their lives and money. He has kept them from their families and makes them work for him at his businesses. Not sure why anyone in town would support his businesses. Stay away from the motel and the old Spare Rib Inn and anything else he owns. Very few are able to break away once in, but god bless those that have. Definitely DO NOT put your kids in his teachings.
know first hand

Branson, MO

#5 Jan 19, 2014
they may claim to be Pentecostal, but the only thing they believe in is Larry Martin. The only reason they would help anyone is if they thought they could recruit them into their cult.
Steelville Girl

Steelville, MO

#6 Mar 6, 2014
they're not a cult. And if you believe they are you should say it to Larry's face. I dont go to Larry's church but I've known him for quite a while, and he's a good man. All of you people talking down on him and what they believe in are cowards and you need to put some god in your life!!!!!!!! All you people wanna do is get online and talk badly of someone.....Grow a pair, and say it to there face dont hide behind a computer screen!
another steelville girl

Steelville, MO

#7 Mar 27, 2014
just so happens that i have stated how i feel about larry martin's insane beliefs. i am a true believer in God and also have a brain and common sense. i also know for a fact that the man rules the people in his church and the mens wives as well. he has degraded his own wife in public right in their restaurant in front of people to humiliate her. he has a horrible temper that my mother has seen first hand. he may seem like a saint to some people but how else could he take over their lives, wives and money. not to mention his secret life in texas. i could go on and on. but whats the point. it's obvious he has you fooled. i'm not saying he don't love God or believe in Him. a person can do that and still be messed up in the head.
Steelville Chick

Steelville, MO

#8 Apr 13, 2014
Larry Martin is nuts! He's very controlling of the people in his church. I wouldn't go around him and I wouldn't let my kids either
Where is Bro Larry

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jun 17, 2014
Steelville Girl wrote:
they're not a cult. And if you believe they are you should say it to Larry's face. I dont go to Larry's church but I've known him for quite a while, and he's a good man. All of you people talking down on him and what they believe in are cowards and you need to put some god in your life!!!!!!!! All you people wanna do is get online and talk badly of someone.....Grow a pair, and say it to there face dont hide behind a computer screen!
You say "Grow a pair, and say it to there face" there are a whole lot of people that like to say it to his face, he has pissed off so many people around these parts he's afraid to come to town, he has one of his boys take his truck to town to get gas because he fears someone will gun him down, he sneaks in and out the back door of church for the same reason. And lets not forget the group from TX that have came up here 3 times looking for him after he screwed over a newly widowed woman with a child in some business deal with her late husband. And I believe I just heard he assaulted a woman working at the Spare Rib the other day and it took 3 guys to pull him off her. I know you are sicking up for him because you go to that church, and there is a very good chance I have met you, but he is taking advantage of the people there, which are good, God fearing people that would give you the shirt off their back even if they didn't have another, but Larry is using those people to put money in his pocket, most work for him @$3hr, live in his housing, drive his vehicles, eat at his restaurant. One of the guys there that works for him 60-80 hours a week had to go on food stamps within the last year because he wasn't making enough money to even feed his children.
And As for the school someone was asking about, they have never had a child graduate or even get a GED from there, it is just was way to keep the state off their back until the kids reach drop out age and Larry has a new generation to put to work, Larry's no better than Jim Jones or David Koresh, my advice is if they pass out Kool-aid one Sunday, DON"T DRINK IT.
Tom

Ozark, MO

#10 Jun 17, 2014
I heard he hit a young lady that worked for him in the chest until she was black and blue is that true ? Also herd he put a tracker on his wife's car to keep track of the places she goes ? I use to attend there and saw a lot of things that brought confusion to me and ask him about it and he said maybe you need to find you another church if you want to question me and my teachings !
Local lady

Steelville, MO

#11 Jun 20, 2014
Larry Martin runs those people and they let him. How sad that the parents don't send their kids to school and the only ones that are worked with are his own grandchildren.... We all know that they will prosper,but how about the others...they'll be working for the Martins! Making low wages at the sawmill or the motel or the Spare Rib with no insurance or even workmans comp. families crumbling while some just cannot turn loose of "brother Larry" Barb is a good person but must be wearing blinders or just doesn't want to see or hear what goes on. Too bad.
Truth speaker

Owensville, MO

#12 Jul 1, 2014
Steelville Girl wrote:
they're not a cult. And if you believe they are you should say it to Larry's face. I dont go to Larry's church but I've known him for quite a while, and he's a good man. All of you people talking down on him and what they believe in are cowards and you need to put some god in your life!!!!!!!! All you people wanna do is get online and talk badly of someone.....Grow a pair, and say it to there face dont hide behind a computer screen!
I agree. I also know firsthand, having been part of the church for several years past. Never once did I ever hear 30% tithes. Whoever said that, I'd like to know how you "know" that that is preached because you obviously didn't hear it with your own ears. That is pure gossip nonsense. And they are NOT a cult. Take out your dictionary and look up the definition of that word before you go throwing it around. I get so sick of people talking about things they've heard through gossip and acting like they know it as truth. Gossip rarely is truth. Go to the man and ask him. There are reasons for people to leave and there have been things I've questioned and had to give to God because I don't understand. But that by no means makes me hate them not would I ever be so non shalant as to call them a cult or evil. That is simply not true. Just because you have altercation with someone, it's so childish to spread lies and run around trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Grow up. If you don't like him, don't go around him but at least be an adult and quit the old lady gossip. You're just making yourself look like a retard making up lies.
Truth speaker

Owensville, MO

#13 Jul 1, 2014
Where is Bro Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
You say "Grow a pair, and say it to there face" there are a whole lot of people that like to say it to his face, he has pissed off so many people around these parts he's afraid to come to town, he has one of his boys take his truck to town to get gas because he fears someone will gun him down, he sneaks in and out the back door of church for the same reason. And lets not forget the group from TX that have came up here 3 times looking for him after he screwed over a newly widowed woman with a child in some business deal with her late husband. And I believe I just heard he assaulted a woman working at the Spare Rib the other day and it took 3 guys to pull him off her. I know you are sicking up for him because you go to that church, and there is a very good chance I have met you, but he is taking advantage of the people there, which are good, God fearing people that would give you the shirt off their back even if they didn't have another, but Larry is using those people to put money in his pocket, most work for him @$3hr, live in his housing, drive his vehicles, eat at his restaurant. One of the guys there that works for him 60-80 hours a week had to go on food stamps within the last year because he wasn't making enough money to even feed his children.
And As for the school someone was asking about, they have never had a child graduate or even get a GED from there, it is just was way to keep the state off their back until the kids reach drop out age and Larry has a new generation to put to work, Larry's no better than Jim Jones or David Koresh, my advice is if they pass out Kool-aid one Sunday, DON"T DRINK IT.
I know the girl from the Rib who was assaulted and three guys did not have to pull him off her. Way to exaggerate. I'm not saying that what actually happened was ok, because I was very angry about it myself , but there's no need to pour has on the fire with exaggerations. And yes they have had kids graduate. And they have had 2 recents who got their GED. Say what you want to say, but there's no need to exaggerate to make your stories seem larger than the truth.
The one who knows

Washington, MO

#14 Aug 10, 2014
Truth speaker wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the girl from the Rib who was assaulted and three guys did not have to pull him off her. Way to exaggerate. I'm not saying that what actually happened was ok, because I was very angry about it myself , but there's no need to pour has on the fire with exaggerations. And yes they have had kids graduate. And they have had 2 recents who got their GED. Say what you want to say, but there's no need to exaggerate to make your stories seem larger than the truth.
The truth of the matter will be exposed, then there will be no more ?

Since: Jul 14

Steelville, MO

#15 Aug 10, 2014
another steelville girl wrote:
just so happens that i have stated how i feel about larry martin's insane beliefs. i am a true believer in God and also have a brain and common sense. i also know for a fact that the man rules the people in his church and the mens wives as well. he has degraded his own wife in public right in their restaurant in front of people to humiliate her. he has a horrible temper that my mother has seen first hand. he may seem like a saint to some people but how else could he take over their lives, wives and money. not to mention his secret life in texas. i could go on and on. but whats the point. it's obvious he has you fooled. i'm not saying he don't love God or believe in Him. a person can do that and still be messed up in the head.
I'm one of the men's wife, and I consider myself as a Godly woman, according to the scriptures; perfect no, but I am washed in the blood of Jesus and forgiven. Many lies are being spoken here (some who have left the church are ones who do not want Father God the Creator of Heaven and Earth to change their lives) The church is appreciative of our pastor. God has used this man of God to bring Godly Counsel from the scripture, and just as these that have left and are saying terrible things, we have the choice to accept it or reject it. The Word of God will change a persons life; even Jesus told us He didn't come to bring peace, but a sword. Jesus tells us that even family's will be separated because of His gospel (see Luke 12:51-53) Get in the scripture and study for yourself (as we have been taught and to know God and His word) Out pastor teaches the word of God and he has told us to study the Word and know God for our own selves, when the enemy tries to throw fallacies our way, we will have the word of God and the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us.
Our church is not a cult, anyone is welcome to our services; they are not behind locked doors to the public. So before you judge wrongly because of the mouths and accusations, come visit our church and see for yourself.
Local lady

Steelville, MO

#16 Aug 10, 2014
I pray that Larry Martin would strike gold in the cutting horse business and leave Crawford County forever! He's spending and earning thousands on them he needs to be in Texas or OK full time.
BeenThere

United States

#17 Sep 3, 2014
Well I am family of Larry, and I know for a fact that he does use his people and his church is a cult. Larry is gonna burn in Hell for the things he has done and continues to do. I'm not gonna throw his dirty laundry out there cause he knows. But most of the stuff that has been said on this thread to the negative about Larry are definitely true.
set_free_with_th e_truth

Steelville, MO

#18 Nov 5, 2014
All cults have a "face value" of DOING GOOD FOR THE COMMUNITY, HELPING ANYONE THAT NEEDS HELP, PROVIDING EMPLOYMENT, PROVIDING A PLACE TO LIVE or any other "good" thing they can do to make people believe that that's ALL they are. Most of them using the ruse of religion to put this goodness out there. Those of you who have nothing but positive things to say about this CULT, "that's all you see". In the background which includes ALL of the EVIL things described by the negative comments, are the EVIL things that are going on. You haven't seen or refuse to see these things. Who's going to admit to anyone that they've slept with the "pastor"? If you get beat up and have bruises all over you, do you want that to happen again? NO! So you "don't tell". If you want to leave the cult, you fear for your life and have to go "hide". In no REAL church situation do you have to do this. If you want to go to another church, you go, with no fear. In a cult situation, as in this one, everyone depends on the cult leader for EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING....as you would GOD, and most of the time they see the cult leader as God......OH SUCH BLINDNESS AND DECEITFULNESS!!!
only me

Steelville, MO

#19 Nov 5, 2014
This column is for the has beens... Just saying...
set_free_with_th e_truth

Steelville, MO

#20 Nov 6, 2014
Local lady wrote:
I pray that Larry Martin would strike gold in the cutting horse business and leave Crawford County forever! He's spending and earning thousands on them he needs to be in Texas or OK full time.
.....and my question is: How can a REAL pastor be off somewhere on a horse 90% of the time and be of ANY help to his flock, much less a pastor?.....just saying....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wesco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim Peanick Sun Dot 2
Man accused in river shooting faces hearing (Aug '13) Feb 25 mountain men 13
Ray Mettcalf Feb 15 KNEWIT 2
Brittany Hatcher (Jan '12) Feb 15 teamBrittany 6
Teachers Who DWI Feb 12 Dogg 1
Steelville Coach Charged With Statutory Rape (Oct '06) Feb 9 Russ OBrien 25
Mother accused of allowing sex with daughter (Oct '13) Jan '15 wishuknew 7
Wesco Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wesco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:04 pm PST