Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Health Reform

Full story: TIME.com

Missouri voters go to the polls Tuesday for the first-in-the-nation referendum on President Obama's health care plan.
Comments
18,421 - 18,440 of 18,915 Comments Last updated Apr 29, 2014
Mr Ed

Jamesport, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

To the ne,
You are true about corruption. Health Insurance is expensive, caused by the Capitolism brought on by wall street. FAct: I can buy the same exact drug for 3 months in Canada for $90 and the US for $435. A drug that is brought to you by a American company, made in Turkey, distributed world wide. Welcome American Capitolism. So Congress, work on making our costs managable and stop taking lobbist money. What's wrong with helping our own people. And I cannot understand the conservative Christian not wanting health care for all the people not just the one that can afford it.
By the way buy Canadien drugs, maybe someone will get the hint.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

corruption is known among our holy politicians

Osage Beach, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

If you want a healthcare like Canada, then MOVE TO CANADA!!!! I am SICK of hearing how people want what other countries have AFTER they move to America!!! If they have it so great, then move there!!! We are supposed to be a FREE country! The government's role is to PROTECT us, not run our lives. We should be able to decide for ourselves if we want health insurance or not. I can't wait until all of those idiots that voted for Obama find out they will be fined a tax by the IRS if they do not buy it, then maybe they will start to question the constitutional lines he has crossed.
The ne wrote:
Ivoted no because it was written so you did not know what it was for, or not for. I did not have time to read the proposition nor did I recieve any information on it to my house. When they decide to really tell us what they plan to put in place than maby I will vote yes. I voted againt Obama's fining for not having health insurance because many cannot afford it and will have to choose between a place to live and food. Health insurance is really expensive. If he would have put in place a health system like Canada then I would have approved the bill. I am a nursing student and have real views on the situation and an understanding of what goes on. I also think that the health insurance companies are corrupt including the state ones. They were trying to deny me a medication based on my age and not the fact that I actually need it and have a disability. I fought for the medication because what they were doing was against the law!! The medication works for me for its intended purpose now that I have had a chance to acutally be on it.
lol

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>If you want a healthcare like Canada, then MOVE TO CANADA!!!! I am SICK of hearing how people want what other countries have AFTER they move to America!!! If they have it so great, then move there!!! We are supposed to be a FREE country! The government's role is to PROTECT us, not run our lives. We should be able to decide for ourselves if we want health insurance or not. I can't wait until all of those idiots that voted for Obama find out they will be fined a tax by the IRS if they do not buy it, then maybe they will start to question the constitutional lines he has crossed.
Lmao!

In the Internet you can be anything you want.

Why do you choose to be stupid?

Many of the people that voted for Obama, have an understanding of what the healthcare bill does and doesn't do.
We don't listen to politicians, we research.

It's nothing like any other countries, it's like Massachusetts, where Obama won by 30%! Ask yourself, if it's so expensive for all those people, and all of them pay extra for it, why do they have an overwhelming majority that agree with it?

Hmm... Maybe your shepherds have misled you?

No, never mind, nobody will ever convince you of that.

Osage Beach, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

I am NOT STUPID for wanting MY healthcare left alone or to be REQUIRED to purchase insurance if I do not want it, or for wanting a FREE COUNTRY!!! If you want Canada's healthcare system or Massachusetts healthcare requirements, then MOVE THERE!!!

Rather than taking $716 Billion out of Medicare, and screwing up insurance coverage for those of us who are happy with what we have, then why couldn't they have just set up the high risk insurance for those who wanted and needed it? Why are we having to purchase insurance with maternity coverage that we don't need? Why did we have to have 2500 pages of a monstrosity that Nancy Pelosi didn't even know what all was in it?

You are stupid for believing it is the governments job to tell you what insurance you have to buy, or giving them the authority to tax you if you don't buy it. If you did research this, then you know I am right and are arguing a mute point.

Obama winning 30% of a vote in liberal Massachusetts is to be expected. This is Missouri, not Massachusetts, and Obama LOST in Missouri, remember???

lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao!
Many of the people that voted for Obama, have an understanding of what the healthcare bill does and doesn't do.
It's nothing like any other countries, it's like Massachusetts, where Obama won by 30%! Ask yourself, if it's so expensive for all those people, and all of them pay extra for it, why do they have an overwhelming majority that agree with it?
wow

Park Hills, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

First off get your facts straight...Massachusetts had choices and did not have to have insurance if they did not want to, our choices are just who to pay, or not be covered but still pay.
Please do your research, the information in regards to the healthcare tax is on any democratic website that discusses the "Obamacare" plan. Please visit www.obamacarefacts.com to read more about the "tax" you will receive if you do not choose his healthcare. BTW this is a website PROMOTING this plan! Also, if you choose to use the plan you will have to pay. So you can have insurance through your company and still pay a premium + the "tax" or pay for Obamacare and have the government mandate your doctor appointments OR not have insurance at all and still pay the tax to "support the rest of us" (see below quote). It will also be cheaper for companies to drop their current insurance they offer their employees and just pay the corporate penalty tax. So to all you Obama supporters who voted for him.....lets see how great you think this administration is when you are directly effected by these decisions that will be implemented in 2013/2014.

•" If an you or your family chooses not to purchase healthcare through the Online Health Insurance Exchange, they can still buy private insurance, get insurance through work or Medicare / Medicaid. Those who chose to not participate will pay a penalty tax to help cover the rest of us. In other words it's a tax, not a mandate, no one is actually forcing you to have health insurance."

The term "tax" was used this year to get around the "Commerce Act" The ruling was overturned this Summer when the Obama administration changed the terminology to "tax" so yes they are not forcing you to have health insurance but they are forcing you to pay a tax. No matter what the term they use....it's wrong.
really?

Park Hills, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Some of us are just going to sit back and watch this mess all play out. You will all be eating your words soon. After the administration messes the next 4 years up worse than the last 4 there won't be another democrat in that seat for another 12 years! You will all be begging for conservatives to fix the mess you voted for....remember that.
proud Republican

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

lol wrote:
<quoted text>Lmao!

Check your facts! They have a choice! They are also not penalized by a tax if they choose NOT to partake in the insurance plan. We will see how you feel in 2013 when our paycheck is effected and you do not have a choice. The only people not complaining will be the ones already on free state insurance.
Mr Ed

Jamesport, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

SO Guest,
Your not a participate of Medicare are you? If so then you are leaching of the government controlled health system. If not, and you don't have insurance because you chose not to, then whom will be paying for that big surgery or cancer bill you will have in your future. And you will have one, guaranteed.
My friend had his own business and his wife had breast cancer. They were dropped and were denied from other health insurance companies. So he had to get a job with a company that carrys group insurance. By the way Obamacare has stopped dropping patients.
Also who paid for the 75% of the kids shot at the Denver cinema? I doubt you know.
Remember you can't controlled when you will need it. Get a clue.
Hope you not on Medicare!!!!!!!!!!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Mr Ed wrote:
SO Guest,
Your not a participate of Medicare are you? If so then you are leaching of the government controlled health system. If not, and you don't have insurance because you chose not to, then whom will be paying for that big surgery or cancer bill you will have in your future. And you will have one, guaranteed.
My friend had his own business and his wife had breast cancer. They were dropped and were denied from other health insurance companies. So he had to get a job with a company that carrys group insurance. By the way Obamacare has stopped dropping patients.
Also who paid for the 75% of the kids shot at the Denver cinema? I doubt you know.
Too bad you and some of the other Obamacare supporters do not have a clue what this Obamacare thing is all about. One day your rose-colored glasses will be taken off for you. It's a sad day that this country has become like it is. Obama (the puppet), Pelosi and Reid..........how in the world did we ever get these people in office? I think people just vote and don't really understand what they are voting for. Perhaps, an IQ test should be required before voting is allowed! I heard on TV last nite that people are getting dumber. I, truly, believe it!

CHEERS!

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

God help us
Mr Ed

Jamesport, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Norton: Yes people are getting dumber. Palin, Bachmann, Ryan, and don't forget Todd Akins to name a few are living proof.
Read WOW that person knows a little more facts.

guest: God doesn't give a s*** about you and all things around you. And I must of hit the nail on the head. Your on Medicare, problably Social Security, which are liberal programs. I hope you not a farmer that needed substidies, another liberal program. How do you sit in church knowing people around you do not have health insurance but must carry car insurance. Kinda ass backwards don't you think. Make people responsible for themselves and not being carried by the rest of the health care system.
comment

Quitman, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Those of us with insurance help pay the bills for those that choose to or can't get insurance. There are parts of the new healthcare bill that will assist those who can't get insurance now for what ever reason. All the folks that rage against the idea of being required to have insurance might consider the posibiity that if you don't have insurance or the ability to pay from your own asssets you may be turned away at the emergency room when you need healthcare the most.

You might also consider the fact that most families could face financial ruin from one serious accident or illnes. A heart attack and the resulting treatment can run in excess of $100,000. Lots of folks would be hard pressed to survive that large of a hit. Freedom to choose is a good thing as long as you are willing to accept the results of your choice.
yup

Ava, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you and some of the other Obamacare supporters do not have a clue what this Obamacare thing is all about. One day your rose-colored glasses will be taken off for you. It's a sad day that this country has become like it is. Obama (the puppet), Pelosi and Reid..........how in the world did we ever get these people in office? I think people just vote and don't really understand what they are voting for. Perhaps, an IQ test should be required before voting is allowed! I heard on TV last nite that people are getting dumber. I, truly, believe it!
CHEERS!
do you even have a clue? or is this more of your "end times" stuff?
CB cn see both sides

Warrensburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Mr Ed wrote:
Norton: Yes people are getting dumber. Palin, Bachmann, Ryan, and don't forget Todd Akins to name a few are living proof.
Read WOW that person knows a little more facts.
guest: God doesn't give a s*** about you and all things around you. And I must of hit the nail on the head. Your on Medicare, problably Social Security, which are liberal programs. I hope you not a farmer that needed substidies, another liberal program. How do you sit in church knowing people around you do not have health insurance but must carry car insurance. Kinda ass backwards don't you think. Make people responsible for themselves and not being carried by the rest of the health care system.
Great post and I will guarantyee you this, most of these haters would have had the same attitude before Medicare and womens rights to vote, military men of color forced to be second class citizens, the civil rights movements, etc..

These haters are so afraid of change or believe what the medical lobiest, and millionaire doctors tell them that they care nothing about America and its people!
CB cn see both sides

Warrensburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Mr Ed wrote:
SO Guest,
Great post, and I also have family friends who are in the same situation. Their families had one of the longest operating bussiness on Rt. 66 and now I-44, the wife got sick had ">good insurance<", they, the insurance company decided they had paid out enough and dropped their coverage, now the family is >completely broke< and the >wife is still sick< and >no insurance!<
frogmann

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

youtube.com/watch...
I watch for this now????
Bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Poorly written
Melvin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

We need something donw now. Thay all nee to get together on this
You Mom

Baraboo, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

CB cn see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>Great post, and I also have family friends who are in the same situation. Their families had one of the longest operating bussiness on Rt. 66 and now I-44, the wife got sick had ">good insurance<", they, the insurance company decided they had paid out enough and dropped their coverage, now the family is >completely broke< and the >wife is still sick< and >no insurance!<
Obamacare has fixed that situation from ever happening again.
-

Hail to the commander and chief.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Wentzville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wentzville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Wentzville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wentzville
•••