Just a thought....

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1 Sep 24, 2011
In this day of 24 hour news and the internet, do you think there are more sexual predators out there or do we just hear more about them because of 24 access. When I was growing up (70s & 80s), I don't remember this much attention being brought to the surface about such things. It seemed there was always the "weird neighbor" or "crazy lady" but we were told to stay away from them and we did.
What are your thoughts?

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Sep 26, 2011
If there are more, it's only due to the population rise in the last few decades. I attribute it more to the 24 hour information availability. Now you have news at 4. 4:30, 5, 5:30, 6, 7, 9 and 10. And that's just evening locally. If you have cable and satellite, you get even more news. Then you have radio and internet and text messaging and everyone is connected by phone wirelessly. Too much information makes the world look like a scary place when it's really not that bad.
a good dad

United States

#4 Nov 16, 2011
Get the app. Life 360 its awesome keep track of your loved ones

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wentzville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather Kemper-Hussey 16 hr Linda 17
Walmart scan n go 17 hr HotTake 2
do not vote for michael hays Mar 16 Nathan 2
Remove Hussey as Alderman Mar 7 Nicktator 4
Wentzville fireman beats older gentleman. Mar 7 Sammy 1
Kelley Lamm Old Cougar (Jun '13) Mar 3 Mister Ree 4
Jessica burns Feb 25 Stacy 1

Wentzville Jobs

Personal Finance

Wentzville Mortgages