Rick Stokes censorship
Really frustrated

Wentzville, MO

#23 Aug 28, 2012
The Wentzville aldermen have a tremendous amount of power. Much more than the mayor. They are a bunch of loose canyons.
Oh geez

O Fallon, MO

#24 Aug 28, 2012
What can they do? Exactly? Take your kids? House? Car? Good grief, y'all act like its a mini mafia.

You can post videos anonymously, but why would anyone want to? If you're jumping up and down about this and are holding video- again, why not post it!!!

Maybe I should be careful what I say, never know what alderman could be listening...ooohhooo.
still disgusted

United States

#25 Aug 28, 2012
Since the police chief position is appointed by the board, the mere possibility that an alderman got a break from the PD should be thoroughly examined. Cronyism is the potential issue here not conspiracy.
Disgusted

Foristell, MO

#26 Aug 29, 2012
The other piece in that puzzle is, the chief's contract is only for a year and the Board decides whether or not to renew her contract.
Embarrassed

Foristell, MO

#27 Aug 29, 2012
A contracted employee can be terminated with no reason given and that gives the Board a lot of power. Then you throw the bully mentality into the mix and that's how we end up with this stupidity!! I just hope there's enough pressure on everyone involved so the facts come to the surface!
Oh geez

United States

#28 Aug 29, 2012
Great pressure would be the video! Or, how about some still images from the video!
to embarrassed

Foristell, MO

#29 Aug 29, 2012
Embarrassed wrote:
A contracted employee can be terminated with no reason given and that gives the Board a lot of power. Then you throw the bully mentality into the mix and that's how we end up with this stupidity!! I just hope there's enough pressure on everyone involved so the facts come to the surface!
If this does not go Rick Stoke's way, our new Chief will go bye-bye, just like Dianna Wright, Bill Bensing and Scott Smith and get ready for our interim CA to hit the door. This is beyond bullying, this is play by my rules and my monetary supporters rules or you are out of here. There were several aldermen at BWW; does anyone know which ones saw the drunk Stokes in action?
Embarrassed

Foristell, MO

#30 Aug 29, 2012
Kross and Gossett, I'm not aware of any others.
to embarrassed

Foristell, MO

#31 Aug 30, 2012
Embarrassed wrote:
Kross and Gossett, I'm not aware of any others.
I have to admit this conduct does not look good by our officials. Rick Stokes should resign rather than put our city in a bad light.
really frustrated

Saint Louis, MO

#32 Aug 30, 2012
to embarrassed wrote:
<quoted text>I have to admit this conduct does not look good by our officials. Rick Stokes should resign rather than put our city in a bad light.
Stokes will never resign unless forced to by his constituents. He'll act like nothing ever happened.
Oh geez

United States

#33 Aug 30, 2012
When is the evidence going to be shown?
Embarrassed

Foristell, MO

#34 Aug 30, 2012
really frustrated wrote:
<quoted text>
Stokes will never resign unless forced to by his constituents. He'll act like nothing ever happened.
I agree, he's too self involved to think of what's best for his constituents! If he was given the choice of resigning or having the details made public then I think he would resign.
huh

Ann Arbor, MI

#35 Aug 31, 2012
What happened??
to huh

Foristell, MO

#36 Aug 31, 2012
He is accoused of assaulted my friend a customer but has not been charged. What a DB
Oh geez

United States

#37 Aug 31, 2012
We hear there's video, just haven't seen it yet...apparently Wentzville alderman are so dangerous it isn't advisable! Maybe the video owner can ask for witness protection!
Disgusted

Saint Charles, MO

#38 Aug 31, 2012
to huh wrote:
He is accoused of assaulted my friend a customer but has not been charged. What a DB
If your friend isn't getting an appropriate response from the Wentzville Chief of Police or the Prosecuting Attorney he can file a complaint with the MO Attorney General.
to huh

Foristell, MO

#41 Sep 1, 2012
thanks for the info. Also the server will testify on the amount of Jack Daniels consumed by Stokes in a very short period of time. Strangely enough, LM is not reporting any of this in his political blog. Bias writing at its best, I would say.
huh

Ann Arbor, MI

#42 Sep 1, 2012
Who is Stokes anyway?
Really frustrated

Wentzville, MO

#43 Sep 3, 2012
huh wrote:
Who is Stokes anyway?
He's a pit bull of an alderman. That says he runs the city of Wentzville, when in actuality he's going to drve it into the ground. He and the other wonderfuld alderman have made Wentzville the laughing stock of St. Charles County. Thanks Mr. Stokes for giving back to the community.
Embarrassed

Foristell, MO

#44 Sep 4, 2012
Really frustrated wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a pit bull of an alderman. That says he runs the city of Wentzville, when in actuality he's going to drve it into the ground. He and the other wonderfuld alderman have made Wentzville the laughing stock of St. Charles County. Thanks Mr. Stokes for giving back to the community.
It's a bad sign when prospective City Administrators cancel their interviews after watching a Board of Alderman Meeting online! I guess the unprofessional behavior of our Alderman wasn't very impressive. Other cities are very aware of this uneducated, uninformed group of egomaniacs who call themselves Aldermen...so I agree we're the laughing stock in St Charles Co. Something needs to change soon because we're moving backward not forward!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wentzville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Neighbors draining their pool water to my back ... (Jul '10) May 19 Jody 27
City of Foristell's claim that they are not a s... (Jan '08) May 13 No Money 145
FOX2Now May 2 Expert 1
searching for (Jul '09) May 1 MichelleStratton 6
Ofallon people can't dance (Jan '15) Apr 30 Bbedancin 12
Beware of Mark and Pam Hupp in O'Fallon, MO (Dec '14) Apr 29 Fast Forward 200
Poll Is Fairview Manor Trailer Park a nice place to ... (Aug '10) Apr '17 pennys on the dime 38

Wentzville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wentzville Mortgages