Trains' horns leave Wentzville man st...

Trains' horns leave Wentzville man steamed

There are 33 comments on the St. Louis Post-Dispatch story from Oct 7, 2006, titled Trains' horns leave Wentzville man steamed. In it, St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that:

WENTZVILLE Train horns are keeping Wentzville newcomer David Lutes up at night. "It was a great disappointment to move to Wentzville and hear so much noise at night," Lutes, 54, said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ohmy
#21 Nov 15, 2011
Mr Lutes sounds like a idiot!
letherblow

Wentzville, MO

#22 Nov 24, 2011
It's 4am and the train just blew his horn. Hey Mr Lutes where are you right now on Thankgiving morning. Oh I bet your in bed sleeping because you are off today. They have to run the train on Thanksgiving all the while you huff and puff in your bed about a little horn blowing for a bit.
Bobbi Drew

Cincinnati, OH

#23 Nov 7, 2016
Anyone that thinks train horns are acceptable anywhere within 5 miles of residential homes is a nutbag. I live 3 miles away from a crossing and the trains keep my family up all night they're so loud. If drivers ignore the bright flashing red lights at a crossing to drive through then horns won't stop them either, they get what they deserve.
Wrangler

O Fallon, MO

#24 Nov 10, 2016
When I lived in Texas we used to de-horn trains.
You can do this also if you don't mind a little work.
Or just go stick a fish hook up your butt.
Either way it's a lot of fun.
Hobo Bill

Festus, MO

#25 Nov 15, 2016
If anything, Trains should sound their Horns,more. People have more distractions: Cell Phones-Texting,etc.. The Railroad Tracks were there in the mid 1800s-Civil War, way before you all was alive,and your homes,built. So if you don't like it,move.
I moved in down the street from the Tracks, and it kept me up first month. After that,I didn't pay any attention,unless I was on the Phone.
Millstadt69

Saint Louis, MO

#26 Nov 15, 2016
I love sounding my multi trumpeted train horn. I kid you not it would wake the dead in a cemetery. I love driving by pedestrians and blowing them out of their shoes. I have a 100 pound compressor and keep the sound coming for a minute at a time. LOL
Hobo Bill

Festus, MO

#27 Nov 15, 2016
Millstadt69 wrote:
I love sounding my multi trumpeted train horn. I kid you not it would wake the dead in a cemetery. I love driving by pedestrians and blowing them out of their shoes. I have a 100 pound compressor and keep the sound coming for a minute at a time. LOL
Good, then maybe you'll save some people who are in lala land, and some stoner's lives. People run stop signs and red lights. Think flashing lights deter them ?
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#28 Nov 27, 2016
what the hell did he think it was going to be like when he bought a house close to train tracks ? the GM plant was there long before he was.
The Obvious Truth

Madison, AL

#29 Nov 27, 2016
Come on people there are more pressing issues than train horns.
Sister Mary Beth

Manassas, VA

#31 Dec 20, 2016
The Obvious Truth wrote:
Come on people there are more pressing issues than train horns.
Lick my greasy balls butt head.
Stop it.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#32 Dec 21, 2016
those trains were there long before most of the houses were. don't buy next to train tracks.
Harry Balls

O Fallon, MO

#33 Jan 21, 2017
Lisa Krempasky wrote:
I bought a home right across the street from a train. I was concerned about the horns so asked the agent. She said it was maybe 2-3 trains a day and none at night. It was more like 2-3 an hour and several through the night.

The first several months were rough, but soon I was sleeping right through them.

LisaKrempasky.com
If you don't like train horns you can blow me.
Knobby

Atlanta, GA

#34 Feb 15, 2017
I shaved my balls when the train came by.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wentzville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leave my country 10 hr Bull butter 2
A nice homegrown video... 18 hr Cometstorm 1
Malinda Kay Price Apr 20 Concerned Aunt 1
Poll Do you sneak over to LSL to fish the lakes? (Mar '09) Apr 19 Cynthia 18
anyone want to go see a movie tonight? Apr 19 Crusty Butt 2
Spa winghaven... Why did they close? Apr 18 Hairy 1
** hiring - foristell** Apr 13 Tacos 1

Wentzville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance