Trains' horns leave Wentzville man st...

Trains' horns leave Wentzville man steamed

There are 33 comments on the St. Louis Post-Dispatch story from Oct 7, 2006, titled Trains' horns leave Wentzville man steamed. In it, St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that:

WENTZVILLE Train horns are keeping Wentzville newcomer David Lutes up at night. "It was a great disappointment to move to Wentzville and hear so much noise at night," Lutes, 54, said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chuck Allen

United States

#1 Oct 12, 2006
I also live in Bear Creek and I am sorry to hear that the sound of the train keeps Mr. Lutes awake at night. Personally, I like the sound of the train horn but I don't like the sound of barking dogs. It just goes to show that one man's music is another man's noise.
get your own train horn

Salisbury, NC

#2 Oct 29, 2007
I just recieved mine i ordered from http://www.trainhorn.org i can;t wait to install it and fight back! lol :)
Dan

Boise, ID

#3 Feb 26, 2008
I've seen train horns in places like http://www.pbmissions.com/ and I just don't get it. Why would you want to go around scaring people with them? I can see pratical uses, but having them on cars is pointless!
Mike Anderson

Falcoiu, Romania

#4 Mar 10, 2008
It's going to be a tough fight, I just received mine from http://www.phantomfears.com .

Didn't have the time to install it yet, can't wait.
HornMann

Fort Myers, FL

#5 Mar 18, 2008
So far, the best place I've seen to buy them is http://www.trucktrainhorns.com

There prices are great & I've heard nothing but good things.

“also know as ratwinger”

Since: Aug 07

FLORISSANT MISSOURI

#6 Jun 3, 2008
you dont hear train horns in most parts of north st.louis county
story

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jul 16, 2008
ratwinger 63031 wrote:
I don't think anyone is going to move from Bear Creek to the flat tops. The flat tops are an eyesore.
Mark

United States

#8 Jul 22, 2008
ratwinger 63031 wrote:
Thats because when they do, the trains become stolen.
Lucy

Columbia, MO

#9 Aug 27, 2008
I'm sorry to hear that horns keep you all up at night but think of the guys on those trains. You think they enjoy being up at that time of the night? Having my husband be on those trains at those hours of the night isn't fun for me either.

Since: Jul 07

Fenton, MO

#10 Sep 1, 2008
I bought a home right across the street from a train. I was concerned about the horns so asked the agent. She said it was maybe 2-3 trains a day and none at night. It was more like 2-3 an hour and several through the night.

The first several months were rough, but soon I was sleeping right through them.

LisaKrempasky.com
Xavious

United States

#11 Sep 2, 2008
I lived a few hundred yards from tracks in my old house. It was horrible, the entire house would rumble. Not to mention the damn horns would start out a mile from the crossing until a mile after it passed. What I don't get is why they even use them. As long as people take caution at tracks and note the big flashing lights you should be safe. And its not like a giant rumbling train isnt hard to notice if you fell asleep on the tracks?
Florissant Suxs

United States

#12 Sep 2, 2008
theres another one of them north county hoosiers comin in here and causin trouble like a idiot.
Anonymous

Wentzville, MO

#13 Sep 10, 2008
Ummm, don't buy a house near the train tracks if you don't want to hear a TRAIN HORN. They kind of go hand in hand moron! lol Here's yer sign! I don't care what someones tells you about how many times a train goes by - if you don't want to hear trains, buy more land someplace else. End of story.
bradley

AOL

#14 Sep 30, 2008
the trains use the horns as signals when coming into town as to how fast there running and if anythings on the tracks or if they need to apply the breaks if you dont like them move away i stay less than a 1/8 mile from the tracks the train just came thru it will come back thru at 11:30 on time it comes thru twice in the day twice at night its not just to warn for motorist
brwneyd3

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 10, 2008
Come on- if you see train tracks and look around the area well enough before you buy the house then consider there will be horns. If your sleep is that disturbed by horns then the problem lies somewhere else. Just think of all the trucks, airplanes,police sirens, and number of other outside noises we hear in our homes. Get over it or move. There is always somebody who has to complain about every little thing and in the scheme of it all it really boils down to personal unhappiness and other issues, I think. I bet he one of those who complains every time he goes out to eat that his meat is overcooked when he requests "well done."
Train Horn Guy

Lancaster, PA

#16 Oct 10, 2008
The only train horn company that has taken a stance against this juvenile practice of deliberately scaring people is http://www.trainhorn.org . They put out NO videos with kids crawling along and cackling with laughter as they startle old folks. Despicable.
Opie

United States

#17 Oct 29, 2008
They should ban all train horns, trains don't need them. If the crossing guards don't work. And the bright as hell train light along with the chattering doesnt alert your drunk ass then you deserve to get squashed.
rob

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Nov 4, 2008
lets just all go commie and make it a greaqt life for everyone. trains need horns that is the bottom line. here is a new invention a map! there have not been any new heavy rail in at least 50 years! you should have got another house! there are plenty to choose from
team edward

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#19 May 16, 2010
My husband is a railroader and he is often on one of those trains that may disturb you at night. It is federal law that the horn must be sounded at train crossings for the public's safety. Some people still ignore the crossing gates in the belief that they can "beat" the train and the flashing lights. Those horns are for everyone's safety, not to disturb anyone.
a neighbor in bear creek

Shirley, AR

#20 May 19, 2010
I love the sound of the trains when my grandson comes over he says there goes your train grandma. We are taking him for a train ride this summer. I agree with the comments about if you buy an home investigate what is around it. I hope the train horns never stop. They were here long before us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wentzville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All white world 2 hr HDD1982 2
Foristell PD is a joke. Thu Meth Cook 2
Stonemore Subdivision Jun 19 HDD1985 1
Neighbors draining their pool water to my back ... (Jul '10) Jun 5 Peggy 29
City of Foristell's claim that they are not a s... (Jan '08) May '17 No Money 145
FOX2Now May '17 Expert 1
searching for (Jul '09) May '17 MichelleStratton 6

Wentzville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wentzville Mortgages