perplexed

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

I have heard that Fort Zumwalt schools have major problems with teen pregnancies, drugs, and violence. Does the district also have a daycare center for teenage mothers? Which FZHS has the least of these problems? East, North, South or West? I am surprised at the number of St. Charles families that go the private school route.
How much of these problems are hype? Thanks.
Fourth Amendment

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

"I am surprised at the number of St. Charles families that go the private school route."

Read your own post and you shouldn't be that surprised. I buck up nearly $8K/year to send my daughter to Lutheran High.
Fourth Amendment plus 1

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

DO you really think that private school prevents those kids from exposure to teh same societal events of the public school kids?

I'd be surprised if there were drug use, pregnancies and violence with some of those kids too.
WOW

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2009

From pasr experience I'd say South is the worst for negetive publicity. West HS parking lot is full of Beemers so theres a lot of Daddys money over there. North has a rep for letting kids run the hall as opposed to being in a classroom learning and East is new. Don't know anything about that yet.
bubba

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Yo mamma
Fort Zumwalt Alum

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Fort Zumwalt South can have a bad rep, East is still new, North is the eldest of the four and a little lenient. West does have a built in daycare for students/teachers. If there is an abundance of drugs, its kept quiet. It all just depends on the child. I never had problems with these things, but yes it's there. It's in every school though, not just this district.
Jaggy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Fort Zumwalt West rules. South is a drug infested joke of a school, North is a recruitment center for Hope High School (a.k.a. No Hope High) and East is average. West is Best, the best kids in the O go either there or Christian. -FZW class of 2002
carpet guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Aka dope high not hope high just raise your kids right I went to north and west got alot of drugs from st Dominic kids so every school has problems
carpet guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

I would home school my kid before dropping him or her off at south high though
student

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I go to south high but have friends in the other school. I have only seen one pregnant teenager at south and that was a senior. Despite what people are saying on here, south is not at all like that, the althelics and acedmics are some of the best in the state and outrank the other fz schools by a lot.
West is definatly not so great, my best friend goes to school their and i've heard of a lot of drugs and teen pregnancies.
Zumwalt Momma

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Raise ur kid with morals, respect and to do the right thing and ur child will be fine. For the parents shelling out the money for the christian schools and so on- good luck to you. It doesn't make your child any better than mine. The drugs and sex is there too! And you are so so naive if you think it's any different! I went to Zumwalt (as did my mother) and the St.Dominic girls then were something else! It's all about how you raise you children and teach them to make good decisions!!
You Are Lucky

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Those of you posting on here should consider yourselves lucky. Remember what brought about the expansive and well-funded Ft. Zumwalt School Dist. WHITE FLIGHT FROM NORTH COUNTY!

St. Peters and O'Fallon grew as a result of those fleeing the block busting and "voluntary" deseg plan in St. Louis County. Joe Afshari, Gordon Gundaker and others CREATED the panic that lead to the rush across the Missouri River.

You have an assessed valuation in the BILLIONS! Let me repeat that, assessed valuation in the BILLIONS! You were just able to pass a "No Tax Increase" bond issue of $15 million to fund a special building just for Autistic students!

Only about 20% of your students are on Fed Free and Reduced Lunch. In a neighboring district, it is nearly 50%.

Complain if you like about your schools, but you have it SO much better than some of your neighbors.
Zumwalt Momma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

I wasnt complaining about anything! I love the district but my point was that just because other parents are paying for private schools doesnt mean that their kids arent subjected to drugs, etc. it makes them no better and it has to do with the up bringing of ur child!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wentzville Discussions

Search the Wentzville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 48 min Science Denying TeaParty 95,618
Debate: Trayvon Martin - Lake St. Louis, MO (Apr '12) 20 hr mouse 10
Drug houses in st charles 22 hr st charles 6
small pet owners beware of this hawk Sat eagle eye 2
Who do you support for Sheriff Fri wanting integrity 5
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 25 vote to vote 10,207
Foristell Police Chief Question? Jul 24 Jimmy ray 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wentzville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wentzville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE