boycott the renaissance festival

boycott the renaissance festival

Posted in the Wentzville Forum

Machiavelli

O Fallon, MO

#1 May 6, 2010
People of Wentzville. You have a gem in the middle of your city. For over ten years now, The Greater St. Louis Renaissance Festival has drawn people to your faire city. It serves as a reminder of the miracles that can be accomplished with community support. The Ren Faire was built by volunteers. During the run of the festival, merchants and stage acts come from around the country to perform and sell their wares. The merchants build their own buildings, but the rest of the fairgrounds are built and maintained by people that gain nothing financially from the event. As a matter of fact, they pay for their costumes and spend their own time making that wonderful show that we all enjoy. In my humble opinion, the Faire has been taken over by the money changers. The previous Faire Director has been ousted, and replaced by someone that works for your city, Bob Swank. There has been a mass exodus from the leadership and cast of the Faire. No one remains that was there when this event began. If you have enjoyed spending your time and money at the faire, you should make your voice be heard. Please do not support this bastardization of a fine event. Drive these greedy people from your community and let the faire return to those that made it what it is today. Don't let them steal something that does not belong to them. It would be a shame to watch it die. Let your voices be heard.
Hillbilly

Troy, MO

#2 May 6, 2010
Interesting. I remember a newspaper article 3 or 4 years ago about the Rennaissance Fesival owing the City of Wentzville a lot of money. Whatever happened with that?
a Renaissance volunteer

Columbia, MO

#3 May 16, 2012
I am a local resident of Wentzville and am also volunteering at the Wentzville Renaissance Fair. I know that you are angry that the prices have ben driven up and I am in agreance with your outrage, exept for the part where you are punishing the volunteers who have spent their time and lots of money to entertain you. The proceeds of the tickets do not go into any bodys pocket, it is used to improve the fairgrounds, build new structures for the volunteers and to maintain the structures.If you don't want to spend tons of money, than bring your own foods and drinks and dont buy merchandise from the merchants because no one is forcing you to buy anything from the food venders or the merchants. Please don't boycot the Renaissance fair because we, the volunteers, want you to have a good time and we have ben working hard to make sure that you, the patron, have fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wentzville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walmart scan n go Apr 21 Dusty 4
News Possible Compromise in Proposed St. Charles Bik... (Aug '10) Apr 16 Colworth 6
Heather Kemper-Hussey Apr 15 French maid 23
Wentzville being sued again Apr 15 Milly 1
Wentzville Scandal to be released very soon. Apr 12 Douche bag llc 3
Not now Apr 12 We will 1
Oh but there's more Apr 12 Twkin 7

Wentzville Jobs

Personal Finance

Wentzville Mortgages