Ranken Technical College to Build Satellite Campus in Wentzville

Jan 26, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

One of the region's foremost technical colleges plans to open a satellite campus in Wentzville that should be ready for students by the Fall 2012 semester.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
really

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

I think it is good to get more colleges and universities in the western part of St. Charles County, but not at the expense of the taxpayers. Why are we having to give a private funded school $400,000+ to come out in this area. I have a business I would like to start and wonder if the Aldermen would fund my first 3 years of business? Did the City help Lindenwood when they placed a satelite campus in Wentzville or when Midwest University built their main headquarters off of Hwy A? When does the taxpayer buck stop?
sally

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

Judged:

really wrote:
I think it is good to get more colleges and universities in the western part of St. Charles County, but not at the expense of the taxpayers. Why are we having to give a private funded school $400,000+ to come out in this area. I have a business I would like to start and wonder if the Aldermen would fund my first 3 years of business? Did the City help Lindenwood when they placed a satelite campus in Wentzville or when Midwest University built their main headquarters off of Hwy A? When does the taxpayer buck stop?
I have to agree with you. I am disappointed with the Aldermen and would like to know if this windfall happened with the 2 schools listed in your post. I was unaware about Midwest University being in Wentzville.
wentzville resident

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

Judged:

really wrote:
You need to read the article again because the 3 year total package comes up to $600,000 of our tax money if the Aldermen's actions were quoted correctly at $120,000 for salaries and $80,000 for leasing a building per year. Who knows they may offer a math class.
really

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

wentzville resident wrote:
<quoted text>You need to read the article again because the 3 year total package comes up to $600,000 of our tax money if the Aldermen's actions were quoted correctly at $120,000 for salaries and $80,000 for leasing a building per year. Who knows they may offer a math class.
I am upset with our Aldermen no matter which price tag is correct.
wentzville resident

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Judged:

sally wrote:
<quoted text>I have to agree with you. I am disappointed with the Aldermen and would like to know if this windfall happened with the 2 schools listed in your post. I was unaware about Midwest University being in Wentzville.
How can these Aldermen justify wanting to cut benefits from the employees in the city then give away $360,000 tax payer money to a private school? I am totally confused.
Macks love

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

After reading today's article in the Journal, it is very apparent the aldermen are trying to take the light off of their actions and place it on the mayor. If they believe making the mayor look bad will increase their chances to win an election, they need to take another look around. Our current mayor has done more positive things for this city in his term and has made Wentzville a desirable place to live. I have been here 6 years and love the direction we are going. My decision on who to vote for in this upcoming election has been changed due to the article attached.
http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-journals/stc...
mike

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

Judged:

I just heard about certain aldermen knowing that Linn Technical was interested in coming to Wentzville and they hid the fact from other aldermen in order for Rankin to get the honors at the tune of $360,000 that will come out of our pockets. The question I would like answered by Chris Gard, Leon Tow and Rick Stokes, why did you keep this a secret? How can you expect people trust you when you cannot be honest with the rest of the board?
bri

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2012

Judged:

mike wrote:
I just heard about certain aldermen knowing that Linn Technical was interested in coming to Wentzville and they hid the fact from other aldermen in order for Rankin to get the honors at the tune of $360,000 that will come out of our pockets. The question I would like answered by Chris Gard, Leon Tow and Rick Stokes, why did you keep this a secret? How can you expect people trust you when you cannot be honest with the rest of the board?
Sounds like the politicians cannot be trusted. Isn't there an election coming up soon?
NO TO PUBLIC FUNDING

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2012

Judged:

There should be an email trail showing more info on what and when they knew other schools were looking. I've heard that there are emails that go back to Oct and maybe before that clearly show that 2 alderman (GUARD AND TOW) had knowledge of other schools. The real conversation should be does anyone know how to do a freedom of information act or sunshine request? Start with guard in oct. The pieces will become clearer.
bri

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

NO TO PUBLIC FUNDING wrote:
There should be an email trail showing more info on what and when they knew other schools were looking. I've heard that there are emails that go back to Oct and maybe before that clearly show that 2 alderman (GUARD AND TOW) had knowledge of other schools. The real conversation should be does anyone know how to do a freedom of information act or sunshine request? Start with guard in oct. The pieces will become clearer.
Can you tell me how I can do this? I need more information on how to get this information.
NO TO PUBLIC FUNDING

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

There are several I know working on it in town, including the one I got the tip from. When I get a copy I will repost. Should have by the end of the week.
wentzville home

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Judged:

mike wrote:
So I guess Leon Tow, Rick Stokes and Chris Guard don't want to answer this question. I know Nick Guccione came out publicly and stated he did not know about Linn State, but what about Van Sample and Cheryl Kross. Where they lied to as well?
duke

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2012

Judged:

I watched the video recently of the Aldermen meeting from last week and was I shocked to see and hear what was on it. A man came up at open forum and before he could get to the stand our female alderwoman stated "oh no, really" about him approaching the stand. His question was concerning why Linn Tech was not approached when they showed interest to come to Wentzville and who on the board knew Linn tech was interested. The man had to stop while he was talking to ask one aldermen Chris Gard to quit laughing that it was very disrespectable. Then you could hear the mayor scolding Aldermen Gard. But Gard got the last word in by saying "I'll get my turn". This was the first time I watched the video of Aldermen Meeting as I was trying to get a grasp of who I should vote for but I got a learning lesson about some of our Aldermen. Then Rick Stokes came down on staff like they were dogs. Most disrespectful people I have seen in a while and they are running our city. If they are going to disrespect residents, I will not vote for them. I plan on telling my friends about this video.
wentzville resident

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2012

mike wrote:
This subject is still a major discussion in our group. Most feel the same as I do. Why would economic developer, Larry Tucker and some aldermen (Chris Gard, Rick Stokes and Leon Tow keep the Linn Tech interest of coming to this area a secret from other aldermen? Hard question never asked directly: Did Cheryl Kross and Vann Sample know about Linn State? This was a huge factor for voting for Mayor in our City if looking for honesty and integrity. Why would they vote to give $360,000 to a business(school)when Linn Tech would have came for $0? This whole scenario smells of fish and the citizens of Wentzville are watching. What about Larry Tucker? Isn't his role to do the best negotiations for our city? Why would he keep the Linn Tech interest a secret from some of the aldermen? Now the resolution has expired. Will the NEW board make the right decision and not offer 3 years of funding for a business. If Rankin truly wants to come into this area, they will find their own resources, not the citizens of Wentzville pockets. Ask aldermen from 15 years ago and they will tell you that Rankin pulled the same thing with them, as well even the same amount of money needed. The only difference was the aldermen did NOT give them the citizens money. Why won't the aldermen even talk to Linn Tech? Isn't that their job? Shame on them!
Susan

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

wentzville resident wrote:
<quoted text>This subject is still a major discussion in our group. Most feel the same as I do. Why would economic developer, Larry Tucker and some aldermen (Chris Gard, Rick Stokes and Leon Tow keep the Linn Tech interest of coming to this area a secret from other aldermen? Hard question never asked directly: Did Cheryl Kross and Vann Sample know about Linn State? This was a huge factor for voting for Mayor in our City if looking for honesty and integrity. Why would they vote to give $360,000 to a business(school)when Linn Tech would have came for $0? This whole scenario smells of fish and the citizens of Wentzville are watching. What about Larry Tucker? Isn't his role to do the best negotiations for our city? Why would he keep the Linn Tech interest a secret from some of the aldermen? Now the resolution has expired. Will the NEW board make the right decision and not offer 3 years of funding for a business. If Rankin truly wants to come into this area, they will find their own resources, not the citizens of Wentzville pockets. Ask aldermen from 15 years ago and they will tell you that Rankin pulled the same thing with them, as well even the same amount of money needed. The only difference was the aldermen did NOT give them the citizens money. Why won't the aldermen even talk to Linn Tech? Isn't that their job? Shame on them!
Did this hit a chord with me. I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure anyone else was thinking about this whole subject. It was reported by Linn Tech in the paper that Larry Tucker was at there meeting when they spoke about their desire to locate in our area. I believe there is more going on here than meets the eye. I have my eyes open. Anyone out there have some clues?
sally from wentzville

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

I just saw this thread and had to think there is a whole lot of bad stuff going on with these guys. Someone needs to keep there eyes on what is going on in City Hall. Corruption at its finest.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wentzville Discussions

Search the Wentzville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,007
Back to the old tricks 2 hr resident 8
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 16 hr layback 6,894
Wentzville School District Tue Livinoutinmo 1
Wentzville Bluffs Jul 8 Townie 5
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 7 dasie 264
Prop LiFe Jul 5 LindaLWright 7
•••

Flood Warning for St Charles County was issued at July 10 at 9:50PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••