vegan

Foristell, MO

#1 Aug 10, 2012
I want a wholefoods or trader joe's. Why aren't they out here?
Raw Diet

United States

#2 Aug 29, 2012
Totally agree!
spankless

Foristell, MO

#3 Sep 4, 2012
Hit any one of the many farmer's markets in the area. There are plenty of local suppliers of good organic food in the area. No need to give your money to corporations.
Seriously

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#4 Sep 6, 2012
I agree for the trader joes or whole foods. Farmers markets can and do offer fresh produce but these stores offer other thing I enjoy as well
Anon

United States

#5 Oct 6, 2012
Wentzville, Ofallon, LSL quite simply would offer enough people to help it survive but nowhere near enough people to help it thrive. We just don't have the people who view the 2 stores as a necessity as opposed to a luxury. Necessity - once a week shopping. Luxury - once a month shopping. Most people in St Charles County couldn't or wouldn't be able to support 2 stores that most people out here view as a niche. Whole Foods won't be coming ANYTIME soon as they need more people to support it with a higher take home income than what St Charles County has. Trader Joe's could be a possibility in the next few years but with a store in Chesterfield, it won't happen anytime soon. We want West County goods with St Charles County income. That usually won't work. That Benz dealership, JBucks, Von Maur, and to a certain point Bristol's, The Meadows itself and even the Great Escape movie theatre: All are higher end products that have come to our county that either are severely struggling, not getting the business they thought they would get or are just now starting to get ahead. Only Outback has been raking in the dough mostly because their prices have gone down (and now I wouldnt consider it higher end anymore) and people will come to it no matter what. Until we start viewing these other businesses as necessary and not luxury, they 2 food stores won't be coming across the Missouri.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wentzville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ryan grzyb 4 hr passing by 2
Beware of Mark and Pam Hupp in O'Fallon, MO (Dec '14) 15 hr 3 times a charm 172
stephanie michelle rufkahr Aug 23 Kyl 5
Poll Is Fairview Manor Trailer Park a nice place to ... (Aug '10) Aug 18 Justin 35
Pam Hupp cancer story Aug 18 3rd times a charm 4
Deer Creek extension now open! Aug 7 Cometstorm 2
Timothy McFarland (Aug '13) Jul '16 ummm 20

Wentzville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wentzville Mortgages