9-Year-Old's Family Asks School Distr...

9-Year-Old's Family Asks School District to Drop Due Process Hearing

There are 3 comments on the Patch.com story from Oct 26, 2012, titled 9-Year-Old's Family Asks School District to Drop Due Process Hearing. In it, Patch.com reports that:

The mother of a 9-year-old girl says the Wentzville School District is wasting taxpayer dollars in efforts to retaliate against her and her family for filing complaints against the district through the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Amy

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Oct 28, 2012
Been there! The district is a joke
ljs

Wentzville, MO

#2 Oct 29, 2012
So, let me see if I have this right. She had her child evaluated, the district says no. She claims she didn't appeal the decision (why not?), but then files complaints against the school and wonders why the school is defending itself? Um. Wow.

I'm not saying that her child doesn't deserve services, but go about it the right way. You should have appealed the decision at the school level when you had the chance and THEN if you felt you still had a case, take it up the line further. Blindly filing complaints without willingness to back it up gets you in the situation you're in now.
smm

Ballwin, MO

#3 Nov 2, 2012
Actually the parent filed the compliant before the evaluation was completed. The complaint was not about her child's evaluation but about the district policies regarding evaluation (which were found to be out of compliance)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wentzville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dane Steel aka The King! Aka POS!! 34 min Bully hater 3
Let's continue to clean up Wentzville city hall 42 min Concerned resident 2
Vote out Linda WRIGHT as alderman 54 min retired resident 2
glengate estates (Jun '09) Oct 19 Help Glengate OFa... 5
Debbie Johnley (Feb '13) Oct 17 HotTake 12
Family Auction Center Oct 8 Disgusted with FAC 12
Bar for 45 to 62 y/os (Apr '13) Oct 6 Jake 20

Wentzville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance