Wentzville May Turn To Speed Cameras In Residential Neighborhoods

There are 28 comments on the KTVI - Fox2Now.com story from Nov 5, 2010, titled Wentzville May Turn To Speed Cameras In Residential Neighborhoods. In it, KTVI - Fox2Now.com reports that:

A state airliner filled with Cubans and travelers from Europe and Latin America crashed and burst into flames in a mountainous area after declaring an emergency and losing contact with air traffic controllers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVI - Fox2Now.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Trap This

Jersey City, NJ

#21 Nov 18, 2010
Have you been watching too many Terminator or Robocop movies? Why the fear of machines? If they can do the job, and it doesn't cost the innocent tax payers more for that result, why does it matter if a cop or a machine busts you? This all just sounds like a lot of rationalizations to keep the cameras off the street so you can keep driving as fast as you want.
obey the law

Foristell, MO

#22 Nov 18, 2010
I spoke at the alderman's meeting last night in favor of the speed camera as well as a few others. A friend of one of the alderman spoke against it. Your alderman voted against it so sadly our chance to have extra eyes slowing traffic in our subdivisions has been put in a closet. Maybe we need new alderman who understand what a problem the speeders in subdivision are causing.
tell me

Foristell, MO

#23 Nov 18, 2010
I couldn't make it to the BOA meeting last night. Which alderman voted for/against it?
Question

Wentzville, MO

#24 Nov 18, 2010
Does anyone know what happened at the Board of Aldermen meeting last nite re car with camera? I heard thru the grapevine that not one alderman liked the idea and had numerous comments from their constituents. Is this true?
Curious

Wentzville, MO

#25 Nov 19, 2010
Once again, it seems the Mayor can't seem to get what he wants. We don't need new aldermen since ALL of them didn't like this measure---we need a new mayor!!!!!
Come On

Wentzville, MO

#26 Nov 19, 2010
obey the law wrote:
I spoke at the alderman's meeting last night in favor of the speed camera as well as a few others. A friend of one of the alderman spoke against it. Your alderman voted against it so sadly our chance to have extra eyes slowing traffic in our subdivisions has been put in a closet. Maybe we need new alderman who understand what a problem the speeders in subdivision are causing.
Really?? There are 6 aldermen and 1 mayor and not one of the aldermen was in favor. There must have been something that was amiss about these cameras, cause I can't believe ALL of them didn't endorse it. I agree with the above, we need a new mayor.
Facts

Wentzville, MO

#27 Nov 20, 2010
Let me guess---ALL of the aldermen didn't approve of these cameras, but the Mayor did. Are these meetings called the "Mayor's Meetings" or are they called Board of Aldermen meetings? You are both right, we do need a new mayor.
duh

Chesterfield, MO

#28 May 20, 2011
25 mile an hour speed limits look pretty fast from the sidewalks. My guess is that there are fewer real speeders than the promoters are insinuating. What are the statistics of speeders hurting pedestrians vs. "impaired" drivers hurting pedestrians? Give a 16 year old girl a car and a cell phone and you're creating the problem. GPS on phones that won't do anything if the GPS detects that the car is moving over walking or running speed would be a lifesaver. Parents that prevent their kids from playing/riding bikes in the street would be a lifesaver. Apparently everyone want gubment to take care of them rather than take personal responsibility. Amazing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wentzville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Go blues May 20 Minty Breath 2
new retail stores (Jul '09) May 19 sexy momma 21
Drunk May 18 Little Tommy 6
Wentzville may get LSL lake usuage May 18 Phil and Louise 2
Wentzville Police stops - "looking suspicious" (Nov '11) May 18 Norman Bates 31
Koinania family cottages in black missouri May 15 Craig9656 3
Run for The Wall Fundraiser @ Great Location Ba... May 15 trav 1
More from around the web

Wentzville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE