Stop sign at American Heritage Subdiv...

Stop sign at American Heritage Subdivision

Posted in the Wentzville Forum

upset with Aldermen

Wentzville, MO

#1 Aug 27, 2012
I have been very aggrevated with the new stop sign coming into my subdivision at American Heritage. At some point the cars are lined up past the entrance to the strip mall by U-Gas. I called the City to find out the purpose of this stop sign and here is what they told me. There were complaints from a few people on the first street who wanted a stop sign. The city did a safety study conducted by the police department and the determination from this study showed no need for a stop sign. Then I asked, if that is so, why is there a stop sign? The answer given was, the Aldermen was not satisfied with the study and demanded a sign be erected. Now, the question I have is when did the Aldermen get to a position of knowing more than the professionals in our city. i for one am upset with the sign and know several of my neighbors are too. Wait until I tell them the Aldermen overruled the safety manager in Wentzville.
same scenerio

Foristell, MO

#2 Aug 27, 2012
Well the same thing happened at North Point Prairie and Bear Creek Drive but the sign is down now because so many people yelled at the Alderman for their stupid move that the Aldermen revoked their prior vote to put it up. What are they thinking?
Heritage Pointe

East Saint Louis, IL

#3 Aug 28, 2012
The correct name of the subdivision is Heritage Pointe
upset with Aldermen

Wentzville, MO

#4 Aug 29, 2012
same scenerio wrote:
Well the same thing happened at North Point Prairie and Bear Creek Drive but the sign is down now because so many people yelled at the Alderman for their stupid move that the Aldermen revoked their prior vote to put it up. What are they thinking?
So what makes the people in Bear Creek more important than us to get the sign taken down?
really embarassed

Wentzville, MO

#5 Aug 29, 2012
upset with Aldermen wrote:
I have been very aggrevated with the new stop sign coming into my subdivision at American Heritage. At some point the cars are lined up past the entrance to the strip mall by U-Gas. I called the City to find out the purpose of this stop sign and here is what they told me. There were complaints from a few people on the first street who wanted a stop sign. The city did a safety study conducted by the police department and the determination from this study showed no need for a stop sign. Then I asked, if that is so, why is there a stop sign? The answer given was, the Aldermen was not satisfied with the study and demanded a sign be erected. Now, the question I have is when did the Aldermen get to a position of knowing more than the professionals in our city. i for one am upset with the sign and know several of my neighbors are too. Wait until I tell them the Aldermen overruled the safety manager in Wentzville.
You can thank ald Strokes for that sign.
filecharges

San Diego, CA

#6 Sep 7, 2012
Stokes name keeps popping up for a lot of negative things on this site. What does he have to do for us to finally get him removed? I too agree this sign should come down. I'm actually surprised it is still there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wentzville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legalize pot (Sep '14) 1 hr Bob Cat 53
wentzville towing contract (Jul '06) 1 hr Becky 2
Poll Do city employees deserve a raise (Oct '14) 1 hr Jerk Wad 21
Donald Trump for president 10 hr Donna 7
first meeting with new board 22 hr George Z Wiltenhe... 5
Bear caught shitting in woods 22 hr Fred 2
The Tattooed Dog Restaurant (Feb '14) 22 hr Wilma 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wentzville Mortgages