Armed man in street tells police he was trying to help

Nov 24, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wenatchee World

A man who held two people at gunpoint was allowed to walk free Sunday after telling police he was trying to help a stranger in trouble.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Aug 21, 2010
Michele Bordeaux

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

I am that man's mother. I taught my kids early on to care about others. My son cared enough to put his life on the line to help a woman who was being held captive by a man. At which time my son didn't know if she was being raped or hurt in another way, even murdered.
He brought his firearm as he ran out in the cold to help the woman. His only intent with the gun was to have one up or be as evenly armed as the perp. How else could he keep safe and save the woman? My son and his girlfriend are avid outdoors sports people and they like hunting. They are law abiding. Everyone knows that its good to call police but to stand by while a crime against a helppless person is being carried out while you wait for some timmes 10 minutes for the officers to arrive can mean a matter of life and death. My son wasn't charged with a crime. The officer knew that my son was being a good samariton. My son wasn't bold, he was a bit shaken by the scene and truely couldn't hear the officer at first, probably out of shock. If the prosecotor pursues charges, the prosecutor has no sense of human duty and what a hero is. My son is a hero. If this is pursued I hope the community picketuntil charges are dropped. I am proud to be Gabriel Rodriguez's mother. What if that had been your sister, wife or mother? Anyone would be glad my son was there.
FrancesFarmer

East Wenatchee, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

I for one support your son, he did the right thing, period.

Please keep us updated on what if any charges are accrued as a result of this. I would be happy to assist in any way I can, including picketing, passing out fliers and making a huge stink.
disapointed

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

if there was just more poeple like your son who won't just say it's not my problem

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wenatchee Discussions

Search the Wenatchee Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Christie says he can beat Clinton Jul 27 Kenneth Canfield 37
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jul 22 EasyEed 710
Debate: Marijuana - East Wenatchee, WA (Aug '10) Jun '14 tracie coleman 19
Cashmere doctor charged (Nov '07) Jun '14 just me 5
Imogene Alexandra "Jean" Rappe Jun '14 Norman Fobert 1
debt buyers suing in county court (Jul '07) May '14 Extremely annoyed 10
Police say Omak shooting shows gangs are gettin... (May '09) Mar '14 Tim 17
•••
•••

Wenatchee News Video

•••
•••

Wenatchee Jobs

•••