Welsh Could Change Pit Bull Ban

Welsh Could Change Pit Bull Ban

There are 3 comments on the TheNewOrleansChannel story from Apr 5, 2008, titled Welsh Could Change Pit Bull Ban. In it, TheNewOrleansChannel reports that:

Welsh city officials will vote next month on whether to amend its pit bull ban to give owners more time to prove their dog is a breed other than a pit bull or to challenge the ban in court. via TheNewOrleansChannel

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheNewOrleansChannel.

Michael Jones

London, UK

#1 Apr 13, 2008
I owned an American pitbull for 8 years. He never caused any trouble with people or with other animals. Bad owners are the real problem, not the dog

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Jun 15, 2010
I agree....Pit bulls are intelligent...loyal..and protective. My uncle had Pit Bulls for years with no problem.. Remember...what any dog learns...comes from his caregiver....

When around these dogs...use common sense.
D Thibodeaux

Houston, TX

#3 Jun 24, 2010
These are very smart and trainable dogs,and they by nature love people. They are a special breed and should be treated as such. I have owned these dogs sence I was 16 years old and am now 68. I grew up on a farm and my dad used them as hog dogs. Sense then I have had these dogs as family pets and have never had a problem with them. I do beleve the problems with the breed is with owners and/or breeders who have an identity problem. It bothers me when I see these bans. For more about the breed you should contact Best Friends in Utah, as they have been working with the Vic Dogs (now referred to as the victory dogs)and have made great and success because of the knowledge of the breed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welsh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
8th victim?? found near Jeff Davis Parish (Aug '09) Mar 13 TipsyFromCentralC... 19
Lapd Feb '18 HAYIIII 2
Iowa Music Selection (Sep '12) Jan '18 Musikologist 19
News Acadia Parish Sheriff Captures Escaped Prisoner (Oct '07) Oct '17 JiP 3
Kathy Miller louviere (Sep '17) Sep '17 Hayhay 4
News Police search for missing Iowa girl (Jul '11) Sep '15 Jordaninyourface 5
new cop in town of welsh? (Jun '15) Jun '15 No Sh-t 2

Welsh Jobs

Personal Finance

Welsh Mortgages