Man says he shot wife in defense

Man says he shot wife in defense

There are 20 comments on the Vindy.com story from Jul 12, 2007, titled Man says he shot wife in defense. In it, Vindy.com reports that:

A man told authorities he shot his wife between the eyes after she tried to shoot him. via Vindy.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vindy.com.

tonias uncle

AOL

#1 Jul 23, 2007
jc amato is a cold blooded killer. The wellsville pd and all involved are covering up so one of their boys doesnt go down. He should fry
wellsville resident

Monongahela, PA

#2 Jul 25, 2007
He killed her. He goes to jail. End of story. There were two people in the house. Tonia, and JC. Who killed her? The dog? We all know why JC isn't in jail. Because of his last name.
anonymous

United States

#3 Jul 30, 2007
sad story but even more sad is the blatant incompetence on behalf of wellsville pd, the ridiculous coincidences reeking of a cover up, and the general disheartening in being reassured we can not trust those made official to protect us!

Since: Jul 07

Anytown, USA

#4 Aug 5, 2007
Somebody should complain either to the FBI or to the Attorney General's office.
tom

Walnut Creek, OH

#5 Aug 7, 2007
i know this family and they are good people and from what ive heard of her side they seem very nice to im sorry for all envolved im not pointing fingers.it is very sad that a life was taken and that is wrong that is true but god will take care of all my sadness goes out to both family im deeply sorry.
close relative

Nolensville, TN

#6 Aug 8, 2007
we are very upset ,its been a month and nothing has been done about Tonia's death.We also are having trouble finding out what is being done at this time and what is going on with the case since the mews is not posting anything for the out of state family.we dont understand the grand jury postponement and why there has been no arrest yet.This person is still out there to kill again if he is provoked.We are hurting and very disappointed with the processing of this case for the family's justice and Tonia's justice.Where does her justice come in to play here.

Since: Jul 07

Delaware, OH

#7 Aug 11, 2007
My prayers is with Tonia's family and pray they lock the murder away soon
No one knows me

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#8 Aug 14, 2007
Look the big thing here is if it does not effect you stay out of it, and for the ones it does why stir things up all your doing is adding to agravtion that is not needed. let the famly morn and leave what should not be turned alone.
You ll see

East Liverpool, OH

#9 Aug 14, 2007
Allow the process to go its course. There were two people present when the shooting took place and, unfortunately, one is dead. There is not now, nor has there ever been, a cover up. You get one shot (no pun intended) at charging someone with causing a death and if its not done right, you don't get a second chance. The investigation was done well, "you'll see".
MIMEE

Redmond, WA

#10 Aug 15, 2007
IF HE HAD SHOT HER ANYWHERE BUT BETWEEN THE EYES!LUCKY SHOT?NOT!HOPE HE GETS THE DOC'S SHOT!
TGIM

Kent, OH

#11 Aug 28, 2007
If this crime was committed by a person with a last name other than Amato-they would be in jail. Its all part of a small town maffia. Its very sad and embrassing that justice most likely will not be served....Prayers go out to the young womans family.
yeah right

Huntsville, AL

#12 Sep 12, 2007
"i know this family and they are good people"
You are not the only one who knew this family. I knew Buzz and I also know that he lived in an abusive house until he took his own life. God rest his soul. It seems funny to me that all their kids had/have issues. I feel sorry for that girl's family.
The Shadow

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Feb 2, 2008
I know the girlfriend of Amato Senior, and she so much as said that it was all a coverup.
classmate

Coraopolis, PA

#14 Feb 6, 2008
I believe there was a cover- up. I agree that in the small town I grew up in, the Amato name was well known and JC has a good case only because of who he is. If they could do a psychological evaluation on him, then they could prove that he is very capable of going off any minute, even as far as killing. He was nuts in school. Just plain scary with all of his army and black wardrobe he had. And he talked crazy alot. He even said in history class once, "Let's kill the president, throw grenades at him!" That goes to show you what goes on in his mind. I think there needs to be outside investigators called anytime anything happens in Wellsville, Ohio or noone gets a fair trial.
Wake up People

Youngstown, OH

#15 Feb 16, 2008
One things for sure there is alot of things in this town being covered up by Wellsville police dept,Mayor Surace,and county Officials that clearly what is going on. If you ain't part of the Wellsville Italian Mafia you ain't shit! When you got a police Officer on the force that can't even drive the crusier hummm wonder why not, and that's just the tip of the iceburg... When will the people of Wellsville stand up?????????? or any one higher up the law dept. and rid the wrong doing in this town!!!!!!!!!!
blake n zack

Youngstown, OH

#16 May 19, 2008
good shot jc
fusco will rise again

Waterloo, Canada

#17 Jun 25, 2009
I think that all the people in the town are full of shit. Aint no one in the mafia. Stay out of other peoples buisness.
anonymous

Hilliard, OH

#18 Jan 2, 2010
I am a relative of j.c.'s. the whole amato family does not agree with what happened, or how it happened. Tonia was a beautiful, caring and loving woman who even in my time of sadness when j.c.'s brother Marcus died extended a helping hand. She is greatly missed by me every day. They all are. Tonia, and j.c.'s two brothers Marcus and Buzz. what occured affected us all.
stupid

New York, NY

#19 May 24, 2012
whack
just me

Estill Springs, TN

#20 Feb 8, 2015
blake n zack wrote:
good shot jc
Your cold

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Cristal Adams (Jun '17) Jan '18 MGM13 3
Join Nov '17 Holler 1
East Liverpool - First Annual Ceramic City Chri... Oct '17 mpmccoy 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Oct '17 Musikologist 23
News Municipal Court (Jul '17) Jul '17 susan h 1
News Ohio officer overdoses from Fentanyl powder on ... (May '17) May '17 Reality 1
News Ohio police officer accidentally overdoses on s... (May '17) May '17 Dangerous Druggie 1

Wellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wellsville Mortgages