immune system
twiggy

United States

#1 Jan 25, 2013
Anyone take or have taken vitamins, specifically ones for your immune system. They should boost weak immune systems. I have a weaker immune system and I take a multivitamin and an immune booster vitamin. Was wondering if anyone suffers from the same thing and does anyone have advice?

Be Rock No Momma

“All hail Queen Mayor”

Since: Sep 11

Georgetown, OH

#2 Jan 26, 2013
A sperm injection never hurt anyone.

“Hi y'all”

Since: Oct 11

Jackson OH

#3 Jan 26, 2013
I agree Be Rock!! High in protein lol
One Who Knows

United States

#5 Jan 26, 2013
Elisha-L wrote:
I agree Be Rock!! High in protein lol
Hmm..my type of woman! LOL
smiley

United States

#6 Jan 26, 2013
Great advice bee
help

Jackson, OH

#7 Jan 26, 2013
twiggy wrote:
Anyone take or have taken vitamins, specifically ones for your immune system. They should boost weak immune systems. I have a weaker immune system and I take a multivitamin and an immune booster vitamin. Was wondering if anyone suffers from the same thing and does anyone have advice?
i am assuming your post was sincere and didnt want the advice from those below? at any rate immune booster vits help a bit-but you need to seek the advice from a dr and obtain prescription vitamins. also ensure or boost have specific blends that address immune health and come in several flavors. depending on ouy income they can be covered by medicaid and other sources. if you have any other questions feel free to contact me again and we will go from there

“I never saw a thing.......”

Since: Apr 11

U.S.A.

#8 Jan 27, 2013
See there nothing like me.....LOL
I'll pass

LDD@
twiggy

United States

#9 Jan 27, 2013
help wrote:
<quoted text>i am assuming your post was sincere and didnt want the advice from those below? at any rate immune booster vits help a bit-but you need to seek the advice from a dr and obtain prescription vitamins. also ensure or boost have specific blends that address immune health and come in several flavors. depending on ouy income they can be covered by medicaid and other sources. if you have any other questions feel free to contact me again and we will go from there
I don't have Medicaid so we should take that off the table to start. I have been on prescription vitamins, as well as over the counter. The best protein shake I have found to work so far is a product called herbal life, which is very expensive. Herbal life has local dealers that u can connect with to get on their program. I guess everything I'm doing seems to be at full potential. Does anyone else on here have a weak immune system?
Curious

Dublin, OH

#10 Jan 27, 2013
Yes, I do and the best advice is to use "Food as Medicine." I had a leading neurologist from a research hospital tell me to eliminate all animal products from my diet, including fish, and to use a plant based diet. If you google food as medicine you will learn a lot, especially from the universities. Since pharmaceutical companies run our country, you see more pill pushing than food pushing. One of the things I learned that I never thought or would even like is to eat bell peppers. Cutting up a fresh bell pepper and putting it in your food or eating it raw is about 300% the daily requirement for Vitamin C which is an obvious immune booster.

Also check out these 2 sites:

http://www.mayfieldclinic.com/change_your_bra...

http://takingcharge.csh.umn.edu/explore-heali...

Hope it helps. I'm sure there will be a lot of flack over cutting out animal products and thinking this is a new fad but when I have 2 diff neurologists from the U of Cinci and Ohio State tell me to do this and it made a significant impact on my health, I have to believe there is something to it.(And it's not because I was overweight. My BMI was/is 20).

Best of health to you!
One Who Knows

United States

#11 Jan 27, 2013
Curious wrote:
Yes, I do and the best advice is to use "Food as Medicine." I had a leading neurologist from a research hospital tell me to eliminate all animal products from my diet, including fish, and to use a plant based diet. If you google food as medicine you will learn a lot, especially from the universities. Since pharmaceutical companies run our country, you see more pill pushing than food pushing. One of the things I learned that I never thought or would

even like is to eat bell peppers. Cutting up a fresh be

ll pepper and putting it in your food or eating it raw is about 300% the daily requirement for Vitamin C which is an obvious immune booster.
Also check out these 2 sites:
http://www.mayfieldclinic.com/change_your_bra...
http://takingcharge.csh.umn.edu/explore-heali...
Hope it helps. I'm sure there will be a lot of flack over cutting out animal products and thinking this is a new fad but when I have 2 diff neurologists from the U of Cinci and Ohio State tell me to do this and it made a significant impact on my health, I have to believe there is something to it.(And it's not because I was overweight. My BMI was/is 20).
Best of health to you!
Seriously, have you lost weight doing this?
How is your energy level?

Be Rock No Momma

“All hail Queen Mayor”

Since: Sep 11

West Portsmouth, OH

#12 Jan 27, 2013
This thread is far too serious for me.. Good luck with all the vitamins and advice..

“I never saw a thing.......”

Since: Apr 11

U.S.A.

#13 Jan 27, 2013
Be Rock No Momma wrote:
This thread is far too serious for me.. Good luck with all the vitamins and advice..
Seriously? lol
Curious

Dublin, OH

#14 Jan 27, 2013
I did lose a few pounds but then I eat a lot more since the food is healthier and not packed with processed products, artificial stuff and preservatives. I thought yeah right about the energy but it really did help. What's more, all my IBS symptoms, getting nauseous once in a while from processed food, and all that went away. I felt "cleaner." If that makes sense. I'm sure people will say, "Yeah, cleaner cause those veggies cleaned you out." LOL That's probably true but I didn't feel bogged down and sluggish and mentally exhausted. I feel it really helped. Doesn't hurt to at least check the sites out or do your own research. Never know, it might help whatever you're wanting to fix.
Chris

AOL

#15 Jan 27, 2013
Sounds like you got some good advice. The only thing I would add is if you find someone who specializes in homeopathic medicine, they can test you and see what your body is lacking. It's simple to do, but I'm not going into how because people usually look at me funny or say it's voo doo. lol
twiggy

United States

#16 Jan 28, 2013
Thanks I've had that done at the hospital
twiggy

United States

#17 Jan 28, 2013
That was to chris

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wellston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wolli clarkson 11 min Hi karen 24
Berock 14 min Hi karen 27
Jinn jones (Apr '12) 18 min wondering 4
Autumn Thacker 4 hr kim 6
Brittany Skeens 4 hr kim 1
jennifer lenard 10 hr Listening 2
Talashua miracle 12 hr Rick 6

Wellston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance