United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

I grew up in this town, I've heard and seen so much, so many people come and go, but most of us STAY!! I don't know how to fix Wellston. I dont know the way to fix WELLSTON. I know that Connie Pellitier is doing a WAY better job then others in the past. that our city workers are doing a WAY better job then those in the past, but we are still full of druggies. Not enough police on duty, and the policemen we do have is a joke. Hall is a laugh to most of our town. His step son is running wild. How can Leon Jayjohn still work for Wellston? why are drugs being sold on every street in wellston? There is NO RESOURCES IN WELLSTON PERIOD!! No rehab, homeless shelters, counseling, food pantry(except my brothers place every 3 months), Dr Landry gives out suboxone BUT that is expensive and usually unless they want to quit, just gives them something to sell or trade for drug of choice. WE HAVE HERION DEALERS WALKING OUT OF COURT WITH A SLAP ON THE WRIST, OR CAUSE OUT POLICEMEN MESS UP THE BUST!! Rick and Cindy Ross are busted every single month for something!!! HEP C IS RUNNING WILD!! How can I teach my daughter to LOVE Wellston, take care of our town and cherish what we got? We need change, THANK GOD CONNIE PELLITIER IS OUR MAYOR!! This is a start, our townspeople need to get together and PUSH out the TRASH, we are worried about people dumping trash in the strip mines BUT BUNDY HEIGHTS HAS TRASH LIVING AND SELLING OUR CHILDREN DRUGS!! It is a vicious cycle. WE NEED HELP, Connie and our 1 police officer on duty cant do it alone.
kath

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

People needs to get together and keep a eye on things,Wellston needs a work center a clean up program for those ones that has been caught with drugs like make then mow clean the town.
get honest people in office.
What happened to Dreama did she get by with what she did?
And who knew about that.
The low income appts is drugs,
People selling food stamps.
Need family places to eat not bars.
Need jobs ,
A man standing in a gas station talking while you are trying to pay.
Need new stores.
lissa

Jackson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

im srry but wellston needs to fire all the lazy ass officers at wpd becuz they wont do anything most of them are bought off by the drug dealers. they need to put in state highway partol post becuz they do theirs n wpd jobs which is bullshit. all we have to do is call either the jackson county sheriff office or the drug task force (d.e.a) thats the only way we can get this town cleaned up. an not everyone that lives in the low income apts are not selling drugs or foodstamps. so dnt go blaming all the apts. yes i agree wellston needs help bring in new jobs n clear out all the drug dealers but i see noone is trying to do anything all they want to do is bitch n moan but dnt wanna do anything. go to the town meets force the countsil to do something bout it. quit bitching n moaning if ur not going to try to do something to get our town back. and make it a better place for our children n future generations that will come to this town. this town is full of druggies, theives n they are teaching our children to make easy money but dnt wanna get a really job. if connie really wants to clean up this town bring in new places to create jobs, make wpd do their jobs, get the druggies n theives off the street (instead of just giving them a slap on the wrist), taking out the buy,trade n sell stores that buy stolen goods n clean our town up.
kath

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Not everyone on drugs lives in apts,
That is not what I meant.
We all need to take a stand.
Wellston needs jobs in town for everyone.
The police dept lets certain ones get by.
Wellston needs events something for everyone.
lissa

Jackson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

also the welfare office needs to force random drugs test n if they fail them kick their asses off the program. yes they need to make family events for this town. we have the old leve theater why not put another movie theater in there or something. their are those empty lots were the factories use to be by family dollars put something there to create jobs, theres the rays appliance lot put something there that would also create jobs.
One Who Knows

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

25 years ago I lived and worked in Wellston.
I was having a conversation on Ohio Avenue with a prominent citizen one day and told him his hometown was dying.
He told me that it was not.
Now, I am not saying I am a prophet or smarter than anyone else but when the downtown area began to dry up, the city suffered irrepairable damage.
I remember former mayor Hibe Winters telling me that if he ever ran for office again he would go to the mall in Chillicothe to hand out literature.
Connie has her work cut out for her and I do believe she cares and has a good heart but the people of Wellston have got to instill the pride in their city that was once there.
John Carey tried and to some degree succeeded but I think John saw the writing on the wall too.
Do I think Wellston residents would support a retail store again?
Probably not, as they would flock to Walmart in Jackson.
Wellston has some fine people as residents but maybe the future lies in promoting it as a retirement community for Southeastern Ohio.
The drug situation won't get any better if no one turns dealers in.
You say the cops are dirty, then call the sheriff, state police, DEA or whoever until you get results.
Get involved or kiss your town goodbye!
lissa

Jackson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

that is so true. we need all the help we can get.
elb

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

wellstonchick wrote:
I grew up in this town, I've heard and seen so much, so many people come and go, but most of us STAY!! I don't know how to fix Wellston. I dont know the way to fix WELLSTON. I know that Connie Pellitier is doing a WAY better job then others in the past. that our city workers are doing a WAY better job then those in the past, but we are still full of druggies. Not enough police on duty, and the policemen we do have is a joke. Hall is a laugh to most of our town. His step son is running wild. How can Leon Jayjohn still work for Wellston? why are drugs being sold on every street in wellston? There is NO RESOURCES IN WELLSTON PERIOD!! No rehab, homeless shelters, counseling, food pantry(except my brothers place every 3 months), Dr Landry gives out suboxone BUT that is expensive and usually unless they want to quit, just gives them something to sell or trade for drug of choice. WE HAVE HERION DEALERS WALKING OUT OF COURT WITH A SLAP ON THE WRIST, OR CAUSE OUT POLICEMEN MESS UP THE BUST!! Rick and Cindy Ross are busted every single month for something!!! HEP C IS RUNNING WILD!! How can I teach my daughter to LOVE Wellston, take care of our town and cherish what we got? We need change, THANK GOD CONNIE PELLITIER IS OUR MAYOR!! This is a start, our townspeople need to get together and PUSH out the TRASH, we are worried about people dumping trash in the strip mines BUT BUNDY HEIGHTS HAS TRASH LIVING AND SELLING OUR CHILDREN DRUGS!! It is a vicious cycle. WE NEED HELP, Connie and our 1 police officer on duty cant do it alone.
For one, Danny hall doesn't even work for wpd anymore. For two, our city doesn't have the budget to hire these full time officers. For three, quit whining and do something. Lastly, call the bci or drug task force if you want to try and help! There are many things you can do instead of bitching and theres a lot to be done
wellstonian

Jackson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

elb wrote:
<quoted text>
For one, Danny hall doesn't even work for wpd anymore. For two, our city doesn't have the budget to hire these full time officers. For three, quit whining and do something. Lastly, call the bci or drug task force if you want to try and help! There are many things you can do instead of bitching and theres a lot to be done
i totally agree 'elb'! here is something we all can do or take part in-mayor and police dept are bringing back crime watch-drop the mayor a private mess and ask when and where it will start-I am going to, and I am taking part this time! this is a small way we can help out the authorities to spot criminal and suspicious activities in our neighborhoods!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Wellston Forum right now

Search the Wellston Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
mcdonalds 33 min Use To 4
Lesa Eveland 51 min wondering 2
michael jordan 53 min wondering 5
rat buffington 57 min wondering 4
Busy WPD Night 1 hr wondering 6
Timmy Milliken 1 hr wondering 12
piss poor parents 2 hr lol 11
•••
•••