First Prev
of 4
Next Last
TTU

Saint Louis, MO

#68 Mar 1, 2013
Vitali wrote:
Ok Im a litle slow, but isnt that the reason why we got into the housing crisis in the 1st place?
Some folks will argue that. But for present purposes, fact is few whites are likely to buy in FLOMO and surrounding communities anymore. And the liar loans went away, and so did the minority home buyers except for a few that trickle in on special programs through Beyond Housing and the like. So the FLOMO housing market tanked. In the last few years, the local slumlords have been buying, and renting section 8 or doing rent to own scams, fanning a downward spiral. Not a good scene.

With the government billy club, and lots of help from Barney Frank on that point, banks are now forced to show that they are "inclusive" and "non-discriminatory" in their lending practices to maintain good standing with regulators, even if they don't have any local minorities to loan to. So they are going to have to seek out minorities in other communities to lend to, and Norco has lots of those.

At the same time, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA are going to waive the normal income ratio and documentation requirements for minority loan applicants and in "underserved" communities.

So now, more recently, foreclosures and bank owned houses in Berkeley, FERG, Cool Valley, Dellwood are being snapped up by consolidators who have Wall Street and international capital. They will in turn fix up the houses and sell them to minorities, thereby creating a market and an opportunity for non-minorities to sell out, hopefully at a capital gain or at least a reduced loss.

So this could be a win win situation. Already in Barrington Downs, I note that there are several houses that were bought recently for under $100k, including one at under $50k, and are now on the market for the mid $100s.

Check out Zillow, Blockshopper, and the StLouis County real estate records online sometime--very interesting.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

#69 Mar 1, 2013
TTU wrote:
<quoted text>
Some folks will argue that. But for present purposes, fact is few whites are likely to buy in FLOMO and surrounding communities anymore. And the liar loans went away, and so did the minority home buyers except for a few that trickle in on special programs through Beyond Housing and the like. So the FLOMO housing market tanked. In the last few years, the local slumlords have been buying, and renting section 8 or doing rent to own scams, fanning a downward spiral. Not a good scene.
With the government billy club, and lots of help from Barney Frank on that point, banks are now forced to show that they are "inclusive" and "non-discriminatory" in their lending practices to maintain good standing with regulators, even if they don't have any local minorities to loan to. So they are going to have to seek out minorities in other communities to lend to, and Norco has lots of those.
At the same time, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA are going to waive the normal income ratio and documentation requirements for minority loan applicants and in "underserved" communities.
So now, more recently, foreclosures and bank owned houses in Berkeley, FERG, Cool Valley, Dellwood are being snapped up by consolidators who have Wall Street and international capital. They will in turn fix up the houses and sell them to minorities, thereby creating a market and an opportunity for non-minorities to sell out, hopefully at a capital gain or at least a reduced loss.
So this could be a win win situation. Already in Barrington Downs, I note that there are several houses that were bought recently for under $100k, including one at under $50k, and are now on the market for the mid $100s.
Check out Zillow, Blockshopper, and the StLouis County real estate records online sometime--very interesting.
they will never attract young white couples to this area unless they do something about the schools. but this just might give the person looking to bail a way out. and then is all over for the city of florissant, it will be a north east st.louis.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

#70 Mar 1, 2013
you know what really piss's me off is my kids have bought homes around here too, and no matter what you do the blacks just keep bring it down more and more.
Oh My Goodness

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#71 Mar 5, 2013
Value is many things

United States

#72 Mar 6, 2013
Housing Values are made up of many things.

Value of the School Districts.
Value of local Health Care.
Value of local employment.
Value of local properties.
Value of local demographics.
Value of local Commercial District.

it is not just one Value, that contributes to the property value of your home. you have to look beyond your individual property or your neighbors property.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

#73 Mar 6, 2013
you said it ,demographics
Old Timer

Saint Louis, MO

#74 Mar 6, 2013
Oh My Goodness wrote:
One third of Ofallon residents have North County roots.They call police on suspicious people.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

#75 Mar 8, 2013
if you live here,you're gonna have some negros for neigbors and your house will decline in value. pure fact!
White

United States

#76 Mar 11, 2013
You don't speak for every white person! I know you might find this hard to believe but there are some white people who don't share your views!

What will your children do when they are the minority? This will most likely happen during their lifetime! The demographics of this whole country is changing!
TTU wrote:
<quoted text>
Nopee

Florissant, MO

#77 Mar 11, 2013
Not if welfare is cut back. Jigs got not reason to have more little chimps.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#78 Mar 12, 2013
White wrote:
You don't speak for every white person! I know you might find this hard to believe but there are some white people who don't share your views!
What will your children do when they are the minority? This will most likely happen during their lifetime! The demographics of this whole country is changing!
<quoted text>
i speak for all the white people i know, they are tired of all the blacks around here. the blacks have made everyone dislike them with their behavior and filth. my children have been bought up to keep your eye on the negros because they are not trust worthy.but maybe you are just a negro lover. sad, very sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wellston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how many blacks died last night ? 3 hr TTU 4
save a buck landcaping 3 hr concerned homeowner 11
Poll Will Ferguson Wal Mart close? (Aug '14) 7 hr Dorelle 12
Local Politics Do you approve of Thomas P. Schneider as Mayor? (Oct '11) 7 hr John C Engelmeyer 156
News Ferguson's ugly, racist emails released 7 hr xxxrayted 663
Real Estate Prices 7 hr ItsEasyToDo 1
no memorial for a thug 9 hr Bam 25
More from around the web

Wellston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]