Improve Patterson road traffic

Posted in the Wellston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
practical solution

United States

#1 Mar 27, 2013
How to improve Patterson Road - Lindbergh traffic?

Connect both ends of New Florissant Road and Humes Lane, where they both meet at Coldwater creek, and build a bridge.

This will relieve tons of traffic, improve traffic effeciency, and help thousands of folks moving across town.
One thing for sure

Florissant, MO

#2 Mar 27, 2013
practical solution wrote:
How to improve Patterson Road - Lindbergh traffic?
Connect both ends of New Florissant Road and Humes Lane, where they both meet at Coldwater creek, and build a bridge.
This will relieve tons of traffic, improve traffic effeciency, and help thousands of folks moving across town.
that street is a collossal aggravation, read that as a MESS!
DJ in FloMO

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Mar 27, 2013
They could have saved millions on the project they are currently doing by having a MODOT employee study the traffic lights at Lindbergh/Patterson and Lindbergh/Lindsay. I realize all the lights on Lindbergh are synchronized but it seems like such a waste of money to widen Patterson by a couple hundred feet for the right turn lane only to immediately be tied up at the stop light at Lindbergh/Lindsay. This intersection is horrible everyday at rush hour, evenings between 5 and 7, and Saturdays and this is the solution from MODOT. Can't wait to see how this is going to help alleviate traffic for the others and me sitting there everyday.
Old Timer

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Mar 27, 2013
Only solution is building an overpass.Does anyone remember Lindbergh and Lynn Haven before the overpass was built?
Flo Mo Mama

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Mar 28, 2013
I take this route everyday as well. I do not see a few hundred feet making much of a difference either. I hope I am wrong, but just think the traffic at the point of the new expanded right lane will just back up there instead of closer to the light. Again, I hope I'm wrong because that intersection is a major pain in the mornings and "going around" takes me too far out of my way.
TTU

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Mar 28, 2013
If everyone would just cut through the McDs drive thru, cross Lindsay and the Michael's lot and get on Lindbergh at the ham place across from Flo Meadows like I do, MoDot could save a lot of money here.

BTW Has anyone tried that african place behind McDs?
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#9 Mar 28, 2013
oh rev, don't tell you went to the other side. fried termites and flys? just kidding. we tried fresh Italy also and i won't be going back, not good at all.
Anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Mar 28, 2013
TTU, the problem with your idea is that it bogs down BEFORE you get to the McD's entrance. Otherwise, I'd be right there with ya. Also, Reverend Vegas, I semi-agree with you in regards to Fresh Italy. We only tried it once, but I wasn't very impressed.
TTU

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Mar 28, 2013
When FI opened we went there often--walked there on summer nites. You could get a couple of nice meals, fresh bread and butter, and a bottle of decent wine for a good price.

I don't know what happened--it went downhill several years ago.

Any body remember Lovin' Oven? Decent small steak dinner for $10, and draught fishbowls.
only answer

United States

#13 Mar 29, 2013
a new bridge, connecting Humes and New Florissant is the only answer. it relieves all the traffic congestion, and it increases effeciency as well as gives citizens a quicker and safer way to cross town.
Not to mention, police and ambulance response time would greatly increase.
Pale Dago

O Fallon, MO

#14 Mar 29, 2013
TTU wrote:
When FI opened we went there often--walked there on summer nites. You could get a couple of nice meals, fresh bread and butter, and a bottle of decent wine for a good price.
I don't know what happened--it went downhill several years ago.
Any body remember Lovin' Oven? Decent small steak dinner for $10, and draught fishbowls.
Lovin Oven was a very nice place,went there often. They also had another restaurant down at the lake. Don't remember their names but it was a father son type of operation. Add them to another fond memory of Flo.
TTU

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Mar 29, 2013
Flo Mo Mama wrote:
TTU, the problem with your idea is that it bogs down BEFORE you get to the McD's entrance. Otherwise, I'd be right there with ya. Also, Reverend Vegas, I semi-agree with you in regards to Fresh Italy. We only tried it once, but I wasn't very impressed.
They are adding a lane to Patterson now. Why don't they make that a dedicated lane that goes into the McDs parking lot so that we can cut through cross Lindsay and exit at the ham place?

That's essentially what they have in the White Chesterfield Valley. A row of big boxes behind a street that is really part of the parking lot, a row of little boxes, then the main outer road for Hwy 64. They also have a road behind the big boxes. So they have two rows of retail and 4 roadways.

I see this as a pattern of discrimination against the black chesterfield because of race.

Hey Hey Ho Ho, road discrimination gotta go!
bridge

Florissant, MO

#16 Mar 30, 2013
only answer wrote:
a new bridge, connecting Humes and New Florissant is the only answer. it relieves all the traffic congestion, and it increases effeciency as well as gives citizens a quicker and safer way to cross town.
Not to mention, police and ambulance response time would greatly increase.
How do you build a bridge to connect Humes to Florissant Rd? And who would use it, other than the few streets in the subdivision off Humes? Would you build it where Humes currently dead ends at creek? They buy all the property needed and continue past the apartments to Hwy 67 and Florissant Rd?
Anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Apr 3, 2013
When this project started, drivers were being patient and considerate of other drivers. Today, I was doing just that - waiting in the long line of cars in the left lane to take their turn, when at least 15 cars came flying by in that closed right lane and just cut right in. Of course, the folks in the left lane let them in. I know I had to sit through at least 2 more lights because of that. Just venting...sorry...

And I still don't think that little bit of expansion (800 feet, isn't it?) is going to fix the congestion problem. Again, I hope I am wrong.
DJ in FloMO

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Apr 3, 2013
Flo Mo Mama wrote:
When this project started, drivers were being patient and considerate of other drivers. Today, I was doing just that - waiting in the long line of cars in the left lane to take their turn, when at least 15 cars came flying by in that closed right lane and just cut right in. Of course, the folks in the left lane let them in. I know I had to sit through at least 2 more lights because of that. Just venting...sorry...
And I still don't think that little bit of expansion (800 feet, isn't it?) is going to fix the congestion problem. Again, I hope I am wrong.
Same thing happened to me this morning at 7:40. Is your time more important than mine because I can wait in line and you can't? My suggestion is to leave a few minutes early so you don't cause an accident. Just as Flo Mo Mama stated....Just Venting!
Anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Apr 3, 2013
I was trying to think of another way around too - but going all the way around Shackelford is pretty far out of my way. I need to find a way to cut through the neighborhood somehow. I don't know the streets that cut through from Mullanphy to Lindsey or Charbonier though. Time to get the street map...
DJ in FloMO

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Apr 3, 2013
Reverend Vegas wrote:
How bad do you want it? IS you're time more valuable? That's a question to ask yourself young grasshopper. I just stay on shackleford now and catch 270 @ McDonnell.
My time is just as important as everyone else driving that way in the morning. My point was, I adjusted my schedule for the traffic and others should do the same. I did try different ways, but going Patterson to Halls Ferry to Lindbergh took an extra 15 minutes, whereas waiting in line was an extra 5 minutes.
I solved it-kind of

Florissant, MO

#22 Apr 4, 2013
Flo Mo Mama wrote:
I was trying to think of another way around too - but going all the way around Shackelford is pretty far out of my way. I need to find a way to cut through the neighborhood somehow. I don't know the streets that cut through from Mullanphy to Lindsey or Charbonier though. Time to get the street map...
I live in a subdivison on Shackleford. In the mornings I make a left on Lindsay go to Paul (you can only go right) take that to Charbonier and then on to Lindbergh. There's a four way stop at Charbonier and Paul which helps the traffic keep moving. Of course, depending on what time you leave you can get caught in the school traffic but that still not as bad as Patterson.
As far as allowing vehicles to cut through McD's lot that has already been an issue at council meetings and McD's is totally opposed to allowing that to happen. Since it would in essence be private property they could put up barriers. Last time it was discussed the city attorney stated that eminent domain could not be used and McD's could keep traffic from cutting through in whatever manner according to city ordninances. Apparently McD's is concerned about safety and insurance liability.
It is illegal

Florissant, MO

#24 Apr 5, 2013
but people keep talking about the so called extension going through McD's parking lot. I don't understand where they got that idea of a possible route.
TTU

Saint Louis, MO

#26 Apr 5, 2013
It is illegal wrote:
but people keep talking about the so called extension going through McD's parking lot. I don't understand where they got that idea of a possible route.
What part of "Drive Thru" don't you understand? The clearly have signs posted inviting if not ordering you to drive thru! Do you not understand written instructions? How dense are you?

You turn right, drive through, cross Lindsay and exit onto Lindbergh at the ham place. Stop and get a ham or a turkey if you desire---I recommend the spiral cut sliced turkey breast--they have a $3 off coupon in the local ad rag. They are healthy and nutritious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wellston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 17 min Uncle Bob 1,413
Ten percent equals ninety percent of crime. 18 min payme 17
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 25 min spocko 257
Ferguson wants peace instead of protests, but a... 40 min Breathe easy 2
Obamas' Experience Terrible Racism ...What a Te... 1 hr Ambivalent 10
White people are our natural enemies. 2 hr no fatties 4 me 2,983
Driving While Black - And Poor 3 hr payme 41
Wellston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wellston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wellston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wellston

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:25 pm PST

NBC Sports 4:25PM
Will St. Louis' defense shut down Eli Manning?
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
Previewing Giants vs. Rams
Bleacher Report 8:44 PM
Complete Week 16 Preview for New York
Bleacher Report 4:32 AM
Chiefs' Week 16 Preview vs. Steelers
Bleacher Report10:58 AM
Polamalu (Knee) Likely to Sit Sunday