Florissant NEPOTISM
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Employee

Florissant, MO

#1 Mar 9, 2013
Florissant – NEPOTISM and lack of LEADERSHIP – will things never change?
So the current mayor’s scorecard looks like this –
1. Pushed employees out the door some forced to retire.
2. Have hired close associates family members without publicly posting.
3. Bullied and intimidated residents with housing violations (trash cans and leaves).
4. Bullied and intimidated businesses for political contributions.
5. Overseen construction of a park amenity partially built on neighbors’ property.
6. Ordered Ameren UE to install lights on the front of St Ferdinand Shrine.
7. Shrine (private property) monthly electric bill paid by city taxpayers.
--Soon to be publicly disclosed --
8. Violated hiring practices – hiring COUNCIL PRESIDENT’S daughter for park programmer.
9. Has EEOC lawsuit filed from within against the city.
10. Has turned his back on the VETERANS of our city.

To be fair to those who believe our mayor is good and wonderful I welcome your comments. BUT please no lip service LIST the positives he has bestowed on to the city.
conjecture only

United States

#2 Mar 9, 2013
where is the proof?
can you validate your accusations?
Pale Dago

O Fallon, MO

#3 Mar 9, 2013
And this surprises you? Why?
flomo

Florissant, MO

#4 Mar 9, 2013
I agree. Wheres the proof? Lots of words and mayor bashing, but no facts.
anon employee

Florissant, MO

#5 Mar 9, 2013
Want proof? Look at who is the new police chief and the new captains. Lowery still controls things in city. Schneider is still paying off labor and others.
thats not proof

United States

#6 Mar 9, 2013
anon employee wrote:
Want proof? Look at who is the new police chief and the new captains. Lowery still controls things in city. Schneider is still paying off labor and others.
Those were all qualified officers, deserving of promotion, it was all promotions from within, which speaks well. you will have to do better than that, because that was an improvement not a step down.

which of 10 items above was violated? you have no proof, just being a bad sport. get over it.
union labor boss

Old Monroe, MO

#7 Mar 10, 2013
blah blah blah. when he runs again, we will back him, and he will win again. next story. you buffoons never learn.
Neighbor

Florissant, MO

#8 Mar 11, 2013
I am impressed that labor is endorsing school board candidate who has not paid their personal property tax in years as well as their real estate tax. I thought labor get a better job covering up there dirty laundry.
Lawsuits will be flying in Florissant and Hazelwood school district. Just sit back and watch.
Nonsense

Florissant, MO

#9 Mar 11, 2013
union labor boss wrote:
blah blah blah. when he runs again, we will back him, and he will win again. next story. you buffoons never learn.
That's rich. Someone naming themselves UNION LABOR BOSS calling someone a buffoon. You guys wrote the definition.
taxman

Florissant, MO

#10 Mar 11, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
I am impressed that labor is endorsing school board candidate who has not paid their personal property tax in years as well as their real estate tax. I thought labor get a better job covering up there dirty laundry.
Lawsuits will be flying in Florissant and Hazelwood school district. Just sit back and watch.
Who is the person that has not paid their taxes? How can they even run if their taxes are not paid? I thought it was the law that their taxes had to be paid.
watch dog

United States

#11 Mar 11, 2013
taxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the person that has not paid their taxes? How can they even run if their taxes are not paid? I thought it was the law that their taxes had to be paid.
HE is one of two unchallenged incumbents running for reelection to the Hazelwood School Board.

There are only two open seats and he is a he. County taxes are public information on the County Web site.
Labor

Florissant, MO

#12 Mar 11, 2013
Well I have done the research. North County Labor IS endorsing the school board candidate KT. St. Louis County assessor’s office shows NO paid personal property taxes for two years and NO real estate taxes paid as of yet. So I guess if you are an endorsed incumbent with no challenger labor doesn’t care if your taxes are paid or not. You would think the commissioner of the election commission would care about local taxes being paid in order to continue receiving a county paycheck himself.
Who Dat

Hazelwood, MO

#13 Mar 11, 2013
thats not proof wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were all qualified officers, deserving of promotion, it was all promotions from within, which speaks well. you will have to do better than that, because that was an improvement not a step down.
which of 10 items above was violated? you have no proof, just being a bad sport. get over it.
Are really that dumb?
oh man

Florissant, MO

#14 Mar 11, 2013
How does anyone get away with this????
watch dog

United States

#15 Mar 12, 2013
oh man wrote:
How does anyone get away with this????
The system is getting by with these things because WE HAVE ALLOWED THE ABUSE.

It is happening at all levels of government, because we let it happen.

Until we demand better and and sort out the evil, it will continue to degrade.

We can change it.
Freddie

Florissant, MO

#16 Mar 12, 2013
How about just one candidate running against this degenerate next time. He won with 2/3 of the residents voting against him last election.
Employee

Florissant, MO

#17 Mar 12, 2013
Where’s the proof? Well if you went to the council meeting last night you witnessed how the mayor turned his back on our city veterans. At the end of the council meeting the mayor made a public apology to the veterans as to not helping them. He can figure out how to light a front of the shrine and figure out who pays the cost for the electric (taxpayers) but he is not willing to work for some resolution. You would’ve also witnessed the misuse of the police department and intimidation factor of erroneous parking tickets as a presenter voiced. You would’ve also witnessed bill #8902 with a comment “making way for the new employee next Monday”. Stop up at the civic center next week had asked for the council president’s daughter and meet her.
I have no empathy nor

Florissant, MO

#18 Mar 12, 2013
Employee wrote:
Where’s the proof? Well if you went to the council meeting last night you witnessed how the mayor turned his back on our city veterans. At the end of the council meeting the mayor made a public apology to the veterans as to not helping them. He can figure out how to light a front of the shrine and figure out who pays the cost for the electric (taxpayers) but he is not willing to work for some resolution. You would’ve also witnessed the misuse of the police department and intimidation factor of erroneous parking tickets as a presenter voiced. You would’ve also witnessed bill #8902 with a comment “making way for the new employee next Monday”. Stop up at the civic center next week had asked for the council president’s daughter and meet her.
confidence in anyone who refuses to come forward and state his or her complaints in open public forum such as a council meeting. Anonymous postings on a forum mean nothing. It sounds as if you are a disgruntled worker who wants to keep getting a paycheck even while "selling out" their personal ethics.

If you don't like the situation, no one is making you live in or work for the city. Either 'man up' and take your gripes in person to those you have a problem with or at the very least post evidence of your claims. As far as the hiring relatives or aquaintances, so what? It happens at every level of government in every city and town that's what is known as politics.

Anyone who does not like the way the city is ran, the police departments methods, or anything else can move.

FYI..whiners are irritating!!!!!
anounomous

United States

#19 Mar 12, 2013
I have no empathy nor wrote:
<quoted text>
confidence in anyone who refuses to come forward and state his or her complaints in open public forum such as a council meeting. Anonymous postings on a forum mean nothing. It sounds as if you are a disgruntled worker who wants to keep getting a paycheck even while "selling out" their personal ethics.
If you don't like the situation, no one is making you live in or work for the city. Either 'man up' and take your gripes in person to those you have a problem with or at the very least post evidence of your claims. As far as the hiring relatives or aquaintances, so what? It happens at every level of government in every city and town that's what is known as politics.
Anyone who does not like the way the city is ran, the police departments methods, or anything else can move.
FYI..whiners are irritating!!!!!
Mr or whoever, "I have no empathy for", it seems you don't mind posting anounomously, just say'in.

Alos, Nepotism, is against the law in the public sector. Is that how you got your job?
Thomas T

Florissant, MO

#20 Mar 12, 2013
anounomous wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr or whoever, "I have no empathy for", it seems you don't mind posting anounomously, just say'in.
Alos, Nepotism, is against the law in the public sector. Is that how you got your job?
I imagine she or he did so to prove a point. Or maybe the person just doesn't want to end up with hostile emails. It's relatively easy to get a person's email addy and other info if you really want to go to the trouble of doing so. And that person was not making claims against city officials.

As for the nepotism charge, maybe, maybe not. MO. law prohibits consanquinity to the "fourth degree of decendent". So the hiring of a person who is not related to you by blood is not illegal. Also Missouri laws allow a certain amount of leeway based upon the size of the city and the structure of the governing body.

For example, a city official hiring someone who is the child of his wife's uncle, aunt, etc. would not be illegal. So before nepotism can be claimed one needs to know how the person is related and the law that applies to the city, township, etc. where the hiring occurs.

BTW, I agree in part with the poster when it comes to making allegations without supporting evidence. Just saying the info will be made public later is a cop out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wellston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillbilly Hilly for Prez? Nope. 21 min CSM1 52
News Legal Memorandum 1 hr DARPA 1
News Judge: Lawyers can have Michael Brown juvenile ... 1 hr DARPA 1
bubbleheads? (Sep '08) 18 hr William 131
prop. 5 voted on in april 2016 18 hr have had it 1
Jerome ' Jerry ' Burke is running for what ? 19 hr Marcus Welby 10
negro watching Fri BUS DIS B EYOT CH 170
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wellston Mortgages