oldtown

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Why doesn't florissant offer leaf and brush pickup like hazelwood and a bunch of other cities do?

Since: Nov 12

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Is it not part of your trash pick up service?
oldtown

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

I was talking about the once a year program where the city picks up leafs and brush at the curb. Not from the trash company.
Nikki McMillan

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

oldtown wrote:
I was talking about the once a year program where the city picks up leafs and brush at the curb. Not from the trash company.
That question has come up at several council meetings and the general reply is there is just not enough money in the budget to support a separate venue for such action. The exception is when there is storm damage such as happened in the ice storm and the summer storm in that same year. But, that only applies to limbs that are brought down and the homeowner is responsible for taking the limbs to the curb on the day of pickup.

A little off topic, but another issue that seems to be rather recurrent is the question of whether Florissant officers should be allowed the use of police vehicles and keep them at their residence as do the STLC police. At this time only the canine officers are allowed to do so. Once again it comes down to $$$.
selective

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

hardhead wrote:
<quoted text>do the police officers live in the city of florissant?
Not a requirement. About 50% don't.
The new incoming chief, tim Lowery, lives in st Charles.
Most of the florissant dept heads live someplace else.
Employees that do live in flor receive a $100 per month premium on thier pay, but only about half do.
Tim lowery gets a car.
Marcus Welby

Fenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

oldtown wrote:
Why doesn't florissant offer leaf and brush pickup like hazelwood and a bunch of other cities do?
If it's any comfort to you, last Saturday there were four different houses within a couple of blocks of the Mullanphy - Shackleford intersection that were burning leaves over the span of two or three hours. I know the police had to notice this but didn't seem to stop the practice.
Granny 81 and subtracting

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Marcus Welby wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's any comfort to you, last Saturday there were four different houses within a couple of blocks of the Mullanphy - Shackleford intersection that were burning leaves over the span of two or three hours. I know the police had to notice this but didn't seem to stop the practice.
I have the yard waste pick up so I don't have a problem with leaf and brush disposal. I wonder about the leaf burning issue. I know that's a state law due to the EPA funding so I guess it includes all the municipalities. Perhaps Florissant has it's own mandates concerning leaf burning also.

What I don't understand is several of my neighbors have zoysia both front and back and they are allowed to do a controlled burn after they notify the fire department. Is there a big difference there? Maybe because most people have leaves but not that kind of lawn? Or would it be because burning off grass doesn't constitute the same sort of enviromental and safety hazard? It sure makes a lot of smoke when the do it, although I have no objection to it.

We used to burn our leaves in a big steel drum when I was a kid and it was sort of a fall tradition. Well, things change and progress is good for us all I suppose.
florissant rules

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Pushed thru years ago by Eagan

You can burn in county

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wellston Discussions

Search the Wellston Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Emporer has no Clothes 5 min Sick and Tired 3
Where is the union outrage? 12 min tax payers screwed 4
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 23 min American Patriot 92,186
City Council Meeting tonight 3 hr Amazing 36
Is it Time to Review the Florissant Charter (Feb '10) 9 hr maybe yes maybe no 131
What grade would you give mayor tom's performan... (Oct '12) 9 hr Someone Please 62
St.Louis City Police New Polk Choke Hold/ Femal... 13 hr hardhead 3
•••
•••
•••
Wellston Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wellston Jobs

•••
•••
•••