Investors Bid Sayonara to Toyota

Sep 14, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: money.cnn.com

It isn't easy to recover from a public relations nightmare. Just ask Toyota. Shares of the Japanese auto giant have continued to struggle in the months following the worst of its recall woes.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Sep 14, 2010

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#1 Sep 14, 2010
Letís not forget they were also dropped from the Dow Jones sustainability index last week.
whatever

Lincolnshire, IL

#2 Sep 14, 2010
More flawed information brought to you by JJ.

"Unfortunately there's no standard to way of assessing companies on this list. It is a good standard for company performance at the facility level, but it doesn't speak to activities at the corporate level, or any aspect of sustainability beyond environmental."

"So BMW, not known for efficient cars, gets a good rating, presumably for some of its other practices. But those practices, while admirable, are not as important as producing an efficient fleet of vehicles. Toyota is doing that. So is Honda. Ranking BMW so highly is therefore misleading to consumers."

Dallas, TX.

#3 Sep 14, 2010
whatever wrote:
More flawed information brought to you by JJ.
"Unfortunately there's no standard to way of assessing companies on this list. It is a good standard for company performance at the facility level, but it doesn't speak to activities at the corporate level, or any aspect of sustainability beyond environmental."
"So BMW, not known for efficient cars, gets a good rating, presumably for some of its other practices. But those practices, while admirable, are not as important as producing an efficient fleet of vehicles. Toyota is doing that. So is Honda. Ranking BMW so highly is therefore misleading to consumers."
And just what is flawed? There is nothing flawed. This is factual information.

Further, you fail to acknowledge the fact that investors are beginning to drop Toyota.

Itís one thing to present flawed information. Itís another to just say things and spew jargon.

Dallas, TX.

#4 Sep 14, 2010
Better yet, why donít you actually RTFA and then make your comment? You bust on the scene and post up some quotes of which arenít even in the article. Is this based on my comment about the sustainability issue? You are not doing a good job for your cause.

Might be time to bring the Volt into the argument. Lol-

Dallas, TX.

#5 Sep 14, 2010
Bump (I love this story)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wells Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Austrian Expat 439
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 8 hr Who are trying to... 6,413
Franklin County man accused of rape, incest (Jan '08) 14 hr interesting 7
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Aug 29 Lol 16,779
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Aug 7 dew4794 673
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Aug '14 tbird Cat Controller 756
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug '14 r u crazy 6,377
•••
•••
•••

Wells Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wells People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Wells News, Events & Info