Large earthquake rattles northeast Nevada

Full story: Newsday

A strong earthquake rattled northeast Nevada early today, causing at least one building to collapse and forcing the evacuation of a truck stop, authorities said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
LIer

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Hmmmmm. Navy shoots down errant satellite last night. Lunar eclipse last night. Earthquake in Nevada early this morning. Strange things are happening!
Miss Forrest Gump

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

LIer wrote:
Hmmmmm. Navy shoots down errant satellite last night. Lunar eclipse last night. Earthquake in Nevada early this morning. Strange things are happening!
A couple of questions. What does a errant satellite have to do with Mother Nature? ie Lunar eclipse and an earthquake?
Stinky Fingaz

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

LIer wrote:
Yeah, Real strange, The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!
Goof Ball

Bayonne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

LIer wrote:
What's so strange about a lunar eclipse and an earthquake? Did you skip your science classes?
Joey Walnuts

Fort Lee, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Any hydrazine on premises?
kayne

Post Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

I agree and i did pass my science class.

it seems very strange a falling meteorite in the northwest on the 19th they shoot the satellite down on th e20th during th elunar eclipse and then early this morning a huge earthquake in nevada all of these events in th ewest coast.

very strange.....
Diesel 27

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

well on the 7 of february 2008 we got a solar eclipse; And after that in Mexico they had 3 earthquakes on this month. We just have lunar eclipse on the 20 of february and the next day nevada just had a 6.0 earthquake uhh!! and just watch what will happend the rest of the year !!!! GOOD LUCK
LIer

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Goof Ball wrote:
<quoted text>
What's so strange about a lunar eclipse and an earthquake? Did you skip your science classes?
Jeez, are all you guys so jaded by what you read here, that you can't see humor in anything? Maybe I should have said it was all Bush's fault and we should deport them all and fire all the overpaid cops and teachers. Oh and lawyers, too.
Confused

Merrifield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

LIer wrote:
What's strange about a lumar eclipse or an earthquake??????
Confused

Merrifield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

sorry LUNAR
kayne

Post Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

the whole thing with th esatellite and the events tied so close together just something is not right i dont normally pay attention to this stuff because i think that people just over react.
but for some reason this is very strange to me.
kayne

Post Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

it seems strange that they shot the satellite down at the darkest moment of the lunar eclipse.

why are the natural events taking place in a sequence?

why shoot down a satellite?

we have had satellites in space for years and now all of a sudden we have to shoot down a satellite and why not shoot it before the eclipse.

or after

also the meteor that crashed on the 19th of this month in the northwest some how they can't find it.

but everybody saw it got pictures and everything.
whats the deal?
Oh Humor

Bayonne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

LIer wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeez, are all you guys so jaded by what you read here, that you can't see humor in anything? Maybe I should have said it was all Bush's fault and we should deport them all and fire all the overpaid cops and teachers. Oh and lawyers, too.
A...ha...ha sheesh. Don't quit the day job.
LILLY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2008

IN ELKO WE FELT IT TO...MY FIRST EARTHQUAKE...FREAKKY

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

Nuneaton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2008

Diesel 27 wrote:
well on the 7 of february 2008 we got a solar eclipse; And after that in Mexico they had 3 earthquakes on this month. We just have lunar eclipse on the 20 of february and the next day nevada just had a 6.0 earthquake uhh!! and just watch what will happend the rest of the year !!!! GOOD LUCK
There is quite a strong correlation between quakes and lunar tides. The rift & drift trans & comp quakes tend to cluster around the spring tide point on the tide cycle.

The strongest probability is closest to perigee & spring tide when the range is highest.

The r/lx events are different. These occur when there is a maximum tide range which means there generally is BOTH Perigee & spring tide AND also usually cluster around Perihelion (Oct-Mar) when the range is at its greatest.
For r/lx look at Good friday 1964 Alaska & Boxing day 2004 (Both events rebounded the crust & also caused major crustal relaxation on the arc side of a megathrust along with a bloody great big tsunami).

As a result of lunar tide cycles, it also means that the probability is ALSO increased around a New moon.

The nevada quake was a rift & drift, the area NW. of the fault has gone closer to Oregon,(apparently it wants to settle over there).

Have a nice day: Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wells Discussions

Search the Wells Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Nevada in... (Oct '10) May '14 Sgt Peppers 785
NV Who do you support for Governor in Nevada in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr '14 MikeMike 134
Balloon trophy part of Nevada 150th Feb '14 BOOBS 5
Child Murder Case: Baby-sitter testifies (Jul '06) Nov '13 AkLDT 49
fi nd a women in your t own tonight free! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Arden Zwerschke 1
NV Who do you support for Attorney General in Neva... (Oct '10) Apr '13 Duh 25
NV Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid wins re-election (Nov '10) Apr '13 Dudedad 124
•••

Fire Warning for Elko County was issued at July 23 at 2:39PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
Wells Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wells Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000