Zoning vote paves way for North Berwi...

Zoning vote paves way for North Berwick Hannaford

There are 2 comments on the Foster's Daily Democrat story from Apr 7, 2013, titled Zoning vote paves way for North Berwick Hannaford. In it, Foster's Daily Democrat reports that:

Expansion of zoning areas that would allow a proposed Hannaford Supermarket to be built was approved 724 to 389 by town voters on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Foster's Daily Democrat.

MightyViking

Oxford, ME

#1 Apr 7, 2013
Moved up here from Massachusetts (No, I didn't come up here to change a THING)for peace, solitude, & the Mayberry RFD existence.

I lived in North Berwick for two years (now in Springvale). I feel really sorry for the folks who once had a sleepy little town. Yes, it sucked to drive out to Wells or up to Sanford to get groceries sometimes, but once that "convenience" is in, there's no turning back.

Why couldn't hey have stuck that thing out towards Pratt & Whitney, where there is a daily traffic jam anyway?(What is it with that place? Is it a dungeon? Those people won't even let kids cross the street in their exodus.) Or Carpe Diem? There's already light pollution there.
Store

Sanford, ME

#2 Aug 17, 2013
I say build it, hell with the country town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wells Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kennebunk Music Thread (May '12) Jul 26 Musikologist 18
News Homeless: Mother, 4 children living in truck (Dec '14) Jun '15 Tired of paying 2
Oakwood traffic Jun '15 Gilbert 1
Does anyone know a retired teacher called Meg w... May '15 Beverley from the UK 1
Gas Station Closes AGAIN (Jan '14) Jan '15 Willow 3
News U.S. tightens security, adds air marshals to fl... (Jul '07) Dec '14 Amazing Dan 2
Review: Guitar Lessons W/ Randy Browning (Feb '14) Oct '14 Eugene Dean 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wells Mortgages