Kennebunk, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

We have been enjoying the Wells area and beaches for years. We purchased a home in
Kittery last year as a retirement home, which we will do in a couple years. Yesterday,after going to dinner after eight pm, we stopped at the beach at the end of
Drakes island rd. there were two handicap vehicles there with two more available.
Myself and one daughter got out to look at the beach, my wife and other daughter stayed with the car. A police officer pulled up, and in not too nice of terms, informed her there was a $250.00 fine for parking in a handicap spot. Did we? Yes. Could the officer used better decorum? I think so.
Anyhow, we will take our money else where Wells, thanks for the memories , and for opening our eyes to the future, it will not be spent in your town

Not too bright R U

Wells, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

Pat stahl wrote:
We have been enjoying the Wells area and beaches for years. We purchased a home in
Kittery last year as a retirement home, which we will do in a couple years. Yesterday,after going to dinner after eight pm, we stopped at the beach at the end of
Drakes island rd. there were two handicap vehicles there with two more available.
Myself and one daughter got out to look at the beach, my wife and other daughter stayed with the car. A police officer pulled up, and in not too nice of terms, informed her there was a $250.00 fine for parking in a handicap spot. Did we? Yes. Could the officer used better decorum? I think so.
Anyhow, we will take our money else where Wells, thanks for the memories , and for opening our eyes to the future, it will not be spent in your town
Did you park in a handicapped spot?
Yes.

Are you or anyone with you handicapped?
No.

The town thanks you for your donation of $250.

Not sure why you're surprised at the consequences of your actions. Typical in Ameriva today, though, as you attempt to eschew personal responsibility and blame the officer or the law he was enforcing.

Shame on you. You sound like a miserable and selfish person.
Jack

Sanford, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Not too bright R U wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you park in a handicapped spot?
Yes.
Are you or anyone with you handicapped?
No.
The town thanks you for your donation of $250.
Not sure why you're surprised at the consequences of your actions. Typical in Ameriva today, though, as you attempt to eschew personal responsibility and blame the officer or the law he was enforcing.
Shame on you. You sound like a miserable and selfish person.
Yea handicapped spots are for the handicapped, not rich people like you, who think they have the right to do anything they want.
Jack

Sanford, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Pat stahl wrote:
Take your money some where else, we don't care.
Jack

Sanford, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Pat stahl wrote:
The police did the right thing ,they enforced the law, that's what they are paid to do.
Pulled Over Last Saturday

Biddeford, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Cop got me doing 11 MPH over the limit. Heard me out. New pavement/couldn't feel the vibration on the road/wasn't aware of how fast I was driving.

Written warning. Could've been a ticket.

I'd say that he was MORE than reasonable.

Everybody hates the cops until they need one.
MEGIRL

Wells, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Hmmm...you're probably also one of those nice people who leaves their shopping cart in handicap spaces because you're too lazy to walk 30' to put it in a corral. My mother happens to be in a wheelchair and has a van with a ramp, it's people like you who thinks it's ok to behave this way that makes my paraplegics mothers life even more difficult than it already is. You think a $250 dollar fine is unfair....try not having the use of your legs. You should be ashamed of yourself not only for doing it but for having the audacity to come on here and make out like the cop was in the wrong. If only ignorance were illegal. We don't need nice visitors such as yourself here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wells Discussions

Search the Wells Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
corrupt attorney robert M.A. nadeau . (Jun '12) Jul 16 S Holmes 17
ME Who do you support for Governor in Maine in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 9 American Bob 111
Live Music Jun 30 One night exclusive event 1
Review: Guitar Lessons W/ Randy Browning Jun 30 Sara 2
Cable network TLC to air documentary 'Sex, Lies... (Aug '13) Jun '14 download here 4
8 Things You Need To Know on Friday, June 6 Jun '14 First 1
More charges expected for Berwick Academy teacher Jun '14 New ear 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wells Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wells People Search