Maine beach party ends in tragedy

Full story: Lowell Sun 20
What started as a fun night out at the beach, ended with the arrest of a Haverhill man now facing alcohol-related charges in connection with the death of a teen. Full Story
Di Smith

Chelmsford, MA

#1 Jul 17, 2009
First of all The name of young man who passed away was Brian not David. I thought your article was cold. Here it is a young kid had way to much to drink and died and all you can talk about is his friends. Please, his poor mother. Whoever wrote this need to get his or her facts straight and most of all get a heart.
My thoughts go out to Brian and his family.
dumb kids

Hyde Park, MA

#2 Jul 17, 2009
sure must of drank alot too die. should of stuck to the pot you would still be alive
billerica

Billerica, MA

#3 Jul 17, 2009
sure hope you don't have kids... this can happen to anyone... look at the young girl they found in Andover that drowned in a stream after she was drunk and walked away from a party... just hug your kids a little more when they come home tonight.. my condolences to the family
ariel

Portsmouth, NH

#4 Jul 18, 2009
his name was BRIAN not DAVID! get it right
a mom

United States

#5 Jul 18, 2009
lucky for young McNee...
if not arrested, he too could have ended up with alcohol poisoning and dead.
Drunky

Framingham, MA

#7 Jul 18, 2009
Raise your glass and toast DOA Brian!
blame game

Hyde Park, MA

#8 Jul 18, 2009
trent didn't you know you were baby sitting? brian was 19 he knew what he was doing.sorry about your friend its not your fault people just need someone too blame to feed the court system.
Lefty

Dracut, MA

#9 Jul 19, 2009
R.I.P David
Dracut

Dracut, MA

#10 Jul 19, 2009
RIP to the teen.

In college I came very close to dying from alcohol poisoning... It was very scary......
How tragic

Tyngsboro, MA

#11 Jul 20, 2009
The poor families involved.. I can't imagine...
sad

Manchester, NH

#12 Jul 20, 2009
This is very unfortunate. We have all been there at some point in our lives, whether we were drinking underage or not. We cannot blame people for purchasing the alcohol. How was the kid who purchased it to know that something so tragic was to happen? If he didn't purchase it, I'm sure someone else would have. When tragedy strikes, we are so fast to blame other people. But they are just kids trying to have a good time, just like we used to. My thoughts and prayers go out to Brian's family.
Mr Pink

Lexington, MA

#13 Jul 20, 2009
Our prays for with David
Chelmsford

Winthrop, MA

#14 Jul 20, 2009
My deepest condolences to the family..there is nothing worse than loosing a child (I speak from experience) RIP Brian. PS....the Sun usually screws up with the facts
OMG

Plymouth, MN

#15 Jul 20, 2009
Stupid kid
mary mcdonald

West Palm Beach, FL

#17 Jul 21, 2009
What a shame!
My Heart goes out to the family of this unfortunate young man.
He was just trying to have fun and didn't realize what he was doing because of his young age.This could have happened to anyone.
MY CONDOLENCES TO HIS FAMILY
mary mcdonald

West Palm Beach, FL

#18 Jul 21, 2009
[QpUOTE who="Lefty"]R.I.P David[/Pay attention!! His name was, Brian
mary mcdonald

West Palm Beach, FL

#19 Jul 21, 2009
Lefty wrote:
R.I.P David
Hey Lefty, Pay Attention. This kids name was,Brian
mary mcdonald

West Palm Beach, FL

#20 Jul 21, 2009
Mr Pink wrote:
Our prays for with David
Pay attention: This young mans name was, Brian
Tony

Tewksbury, MA

#21 Jul 21, 2009
Too many bad ice cubes going around these days.
A Mom

Southbridge, MA

#22 Jul 22, 2009
Seriously Mary, Being rude is unnecessary and 1 post to get your point across is sufficient. This is a terrible tragedy, a young man lost his life to drinking. This forum is not for everyone to shoot accusations at each other. There was a misprint in the paper with his name, but none the less people are expressing their condolences no need to attack them. RIP Brian, another life taken too soon from the dangers of drinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wells Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. tightens security, adds air marshals to fl... (Jul '07) Dec 16 Amazing Dan 2
Homeless: Mother, 4 children living in truck Dec 10 Nuetim 1
Review: Guitar Lessons W/ Randy Browning (Feb '14) Oct '14 Eugene Dean 3
The 'Strange' and Terrifying Discovery Two Wome... Sep '14 DearSteveCamp 12
Free crochet pattern: Miniature Christmas Stocking (Nov '10) Sep '14 cool phone cases 2
corrupt attorney robert M.A. nadeau . (Jun '12) Sep '14 JayL 18
Sam Sep '14 Sam 1
Wells Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wells People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wells News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wells

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News