Wind Turbine -Audubon's Wellfleet Bay...

Wind Turbine -Audubon's Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary

Posted in the Wellfleet Forum

Jack Kelly

Jamestown, RI

#1 Aug 12, 2013
June 01st, 2013

06/01/2013

Audubon's Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary Considers Erecting a Wind Turbine

Dear Mr Prescott,

I would like to question you as Director of WBWS on your campaign to erect a wind turbine at the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary. I find it distressing that current managers at an Audubon SANCTUARY that so many have worked on and donated to, to make a “SANCTUARY”…would now erect a known bird & bat hazard. How many birds and bats do you estimate the wind turbine will kill? What is the typical avoidance by birds and other wildlife from the motion and noise? You are quoted as saying certain types of birds give wide berth to wind turbines. What is the area that is acceptable to drive wildlife away from within “sanctuary”? Will there be an honest study of avoidance of the machine? That is, if they don’t just get chopped up. You are quoted as well, saying they don’t get chopped up…do you still hold that view? We both know that statement is wrong. Can you please explain what led you to say that falsehood in 2003, was it ignorance or idealism? How much power do you guarantee from this wind turbine? It seems many times the estimates for wind power production are over stated in an attempt to convince others as to the benefits. Do you have facts and figures for the impact and benefits?

What is the plan when the first dead bird or bat is found? Will you remove the wind turbine and resign in shame or just ignore it tell everyone it is for the great good?

Would you care to share why other micro(small) wind turbines kill animals and need to be removed or tethered but yours won’t?

http://windwisecapecod.com/1/post/2013/06/jun...
Ted

South Orange, NJ

#2 Aug 23, 2013
They are putting a wind turbine in a Sanctuary? Don't they know they kill birds and bats?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wellfleet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Numbers show how gay marriage has fared in Mass... Jun 10 hbgmysite 33
Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white Jun 10 7859678jklf 1
News Whale of a Sculpture in Orleans Jun 9 Mark 1
News Numbers show how gay marriage has fared in Mass... Jun 9 nhjeff 1
News Hotel on North: Pittsfield's first boutique hot... Jun 4 cops are liars an... 3
Anti - drug effort Apr '15 Kp1brady 1
News police shooting justified (Mar '07) Mar '15 mark 6
More from around the web

Wellfleet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Wellfleet Mortgages