Hurry up and wait

There are 3 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Aug 5, 2008, titled Hurry up and wait. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

State Treasurer Tim Cahill and Katherine Craven, executive director of the Massachusetts School Building Authority, would like us to believe that new school-building projects across the state are on the fast ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

AFAR

Springfield, MA

#1 Aug 5, 2008
What does the building authority have to do with closing Conte? Aren't they only involved in the planning and funding of renovations to existing schools and new buildings? Are the three elementary schools going to have to build-out to accommodate the middle schoolers?
Observer

AOL

#2 Aug 5, 2008
Good questions. It will probably take 2-3 years for those answers to be provided. In the meantime, Conte will be condemned.
Ed Driscoll

Hyannis, MA

#3 Aug 6, 2008
"That is neither fiscally responsible nor providing a strong foundation for our children."

The Adams Cheshire District should heed the last line of your editorial. They and the Selectmen of Adams and Cheshire still have not fixed the "financial error" made by the business manager, that cost homeowners in Adams an average of $225.00. They have re-imbursed the town $70,000 but that was money that was paid by both Towns (48,000 from Adams and 23,000 from Cheshire.

I'll bet Mr Hinkle recieved his merit raise, in spite of this gross error. I don't think the taxpayers of Adams will be willing to pony up to pay for a new school until the school board changes their cynical attitude.

Ed Driscoll

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wellesley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police Support Rally tomorrow night at 5:30 Jul 10 Terry Sauro 1
News Groups rally locally in support of Israel, Pale... (Jul '14) Jul 5 Go Blue Forever 14
natalie amora otenti HIV POSITIVE hooker Jun '16 ffdrain 2
News Trip to Israel by Rosenberg, other senators, dr... (Nov '15) Jun '16 ubo 6
News Teens escape unharmed after limo catches fire o... May '16 Libby Rahl 2
News Hotel Guard Charged With Sex Assault On Child (Jun '06) May '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
News Talking Trash: Where are the Dirtiest Areas of ... May '16 Old pal 2

Wellesley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wellesley Mortgages