Autopsy for girl found dead in Andove...

Autopsy for girl found dead in Andover stream

There are 47 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Feb 18, 2009, titled Autopsy for girl found dead in Andover stream. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

An autopsy is planned for a 16-year-old student of a prestigious Massachusetts private school who was found face down in a frigid stream after wandering away from a party.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sacrafyc

Wilmington, DE

#1 Feb 18, 2009
another drunken teenage girl dies because she is too drunk, yet there will be a witch hunt on other teenage kids instead of people taking responsibility they pass it to the person to the right of them
lhs mom

Quincy, MA

#2 Feb 18, 2009
Should the adult who supplied the alchohol have any responsibility?
Too many parents have this idea "I'd rather have them drink at home than out drinking and driving around somewhere"
We have laws for a reason. Someone supplied alchohol to that party. They should face the punishment for that action.
Hip Man

Middleton, MA

#3 Feb 18, 2009
The parent that supplied the booze should be held responsible with a very strict punishment. Until this is done it will keep happening. It was reported on the news this home owner was arrested for pot a few years back and many cases were removed from the home. What I dont get is the law out there that if a underage child is drinking in their home they cannot be punished, this law should be changed.
lhs mom

Quincy, MA

#4 Feb 18, 2009
If you supply alchohol to someone underage, you can be charged. Even if it is in your home. Parents do it so they can be the "cool mom" and have all the teenagers at her house.
It's still against the law.
Zito

Peabody, MA

#5 Feb 18, 2009
Those wacky Asians!
lhs mom

Quincy, MA

#6 Feb 18, 2009
Dead girl was Asian, what about the party host?
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Braintree, MA

#7 Feb 18, 2009
1.The only person who should be held responsible is the girl.Nobody held a gun to her head and forced her to drink.The other teens that were drinking at the party didn't end up face down in a pond.

2.Didn't anybody read the peom she wrote a few months ago.It was puiblished in yesterday's Herald.She was depressed, probabaly suicide.
lhs mom

Quincy, MA

#8 Feb 18, 2009
LoWeLL 4 LifE wrote:
1.The only person who should be held responsible is the girl.Nobody held a gun to her head and forced her to drink.The other teens that were drinking at the party didn't end up face down in a pond.
2.Didn't anybody read the peom she wrote a few months ago.It was puiblished in yesterday's Herald.She was depressed, probabaly suicide.
1. Can I buy your grandaughter/son a beer? It wouldn't be my fault if he/she wrapped themselves around a tree.

2. Thanks for your insight on her mental state. Have you ever met a teenage girl that didn't go through a "depressed" phase?
Lowell Guy

Boston, MA

#9 Feb 18, 2009
LoWeLL 4 LifE wrote:
She was depressed, probabaly suicide.
All of your years of medical training tell you this?
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Braintree, MA

#10 Feb 18, 2009
lhs mom wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Can I buy your grandaughter/son a beer? It wouldn't be my fault if he/she wrapped themselves around a tree.
2. Thanks for your insight on her mental state. Have you ever met a teenage girl that didn't go through a "depressed" phase?
You're right it wouldn't be your fault...

1. That's why they're called "accidents".

2. We are all responsible for our own actions.

But then again you're probably the type of person in today's society who never accepts responsibility.You just point fingers and blame somebody else.
lhs mom

Quincy, MA

#11 Feb 18, 2009
No, if I buy a kid a beer and they get in an accident, I'll take resposibility
Beauty School Drop-Out

Saint Petersburg, FL

#12 Feb 18, 2009
What a bunch a maroons! You all sound like high school drop-outs, who live in their parent's basement and collect SSI!
Sheeez.
DISCLAIMER: All misspellings and poor grammar are strictly intentional.
Danno99

Chelmsford, MA

#13 Feb 18, 2009
The parents were not home. The kids had the party themselves and got ahold of some booze. Who ya gonna blame now?
lhs mom

Quincy, MA

#14 Feb 18, 2009
Danno99 wrote:
The parents were not home. The kids had the party themselves and got ahold of some booze. Who ya gonna blame now?
Someone bought that booze....
Bagdad Harry

United States

#15 Feb 18, 2009
Danno99 wrote:
It is still the parents of the household the party was held in responsibilities. Don't you remember the lecture your parents would give you about no parties....you'll lose the house...Just like if you took the car out...you'll crash and lose the house.
Was I the only one subjected to this talk from my parents?
Bagdad Harry

United States

#16 Feb 18, 2009
lhs mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone bought that booze....
What if it was brewed by the victim?
Annie

Lowell, MA

#17 Feb 18, 2009
Sucks. My condolences to her family.
lhs mom

Quincy, MA

#18 Feb 19, 2009
Bagdad Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
What if it was brewed by the victim?
Oh please.... they showed the cops on tv bringing out boxes and boxes of bottles....then again, that could have been the parent's usual stash.
Martial Arts

Lowell, MA

#19 Feb 19, 2009
Bush economics strikes again
dave of dracut

Wilmington, MA

#20 Feb 19, 2009
Sacrafyc wrote:
another drunken teenage girl dies because she is too drunk, yet there will be a witch hunt on other teenage kids instead of people taking responsibility they pass it to the person to the right of them
but she was an angel. arn't they all? the perfect daughter, sister, whatever..always the joy of everyones heart and day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wellesley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton can't stop talking about Donald... Sun JUST SAYIN 4
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Watertown May 22 VictorOrians 1
Review: A Aria Bridal & Formal Inc (Feb '10) May 10 Un satisfied cust... 28
News Overprinting error on $1 note is obvious, but... May 5 Vernon Peterson 1
News Teen Accused Of Sheep Rape (Dec '07) Apr '17 Mahoney 10
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Massachusetts... (Oct '10) Apr '17 Butch Cassidy 13
Review: Events & Adventures Boston Inc (Dec '08) Mar '17 Vfs 330

Wellesley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wellesley Mortgages