First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Town of Welch

Princeton, WV

#1 Jul 11, 2012
Is the town of Welch/Reba, Going to repair the rock wall that has fallen?
Or is Welch going to wait until the wall completely falls?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS ”

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Jul 11, 2012
I THINK THAT WALL IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE LAND OWNER AND THAT PART OF THE WALL BELONGS TO THE PERSON WHO OWNS THE EMPTY APARTMENTS THERE. THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD. THERE WAS ANOTHER MAN THAT HAD TO REPAIR HIS WALL AND THE CITY TOLD HIM IT WAS HIS TO DEAL WITH
mayor needed bad

Bluefield, WV

#3 Jul 11, 2012
babyblueeyes2010 wrote:
I THINK THAT WALL IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE LAND OWNER AND THAT PART OF THE WALL BELONGS TO THE PERSON WHO OWNS THE EMPTY APARTMENTS THERE. THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD. THERE WAS ANOTHER MAN THAT HAD TO REPAIR HIS WALL AND THE CITY TOLD HIM IT WAS HIS TO DEAL WITH
you should be the mayor.you wood be a good one.
hard

Princeton, WV

#4 Jul 11, 2012
Town of Welch wrote:
Is the town of Welch/Reba, Going to repair the rock wall that has fallen?
Or is Welch going to wait until the wall completely falls?
David Reggens you still like to licky dicky
Town of Welch

Princeton, WV

#5 Jul 12, 2012
babyblueeyes2010 wrote:
I THINK THAT WALL IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE LAND OWNER AND THAT PART OF THE WALL BELONGS TO THE PERSON WHO OWNS THE EMPTY APARTMENTS THERE. THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD. THERE WAS ANOTHER MAN THAT HAD TO REPAIR HIS WALL AND THE CITY TOLD HIM IT WAS HIS TO DEAL WITH
That maybe true.
I don't know where the property line is. The owner of the old empty apartment building at one time, Moved to Florida. I don't know if he still owns it or sold it. He died sometime ago. I don't remember his name. He has/had other businesses/building's that went belly-Up also.

Somebody needs to do something before someone gets killed.

07.12.2012

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS ”

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#6 Jul 12, 2012
MY HOUSE IS RIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD FROM THOSE APARTMENTS AND THEY ARE FALLING DOWN. AT ONE TIME SOMEONE SAID THAT THE GUY WHO OWNED THE BOWLING ALLEY WAS THE OWNER, THEN I HEARD THAT RON HASSIN OWNED IT SO I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO OWNS IT. THEY NEED TO BE EITHER RENOVATED OUT OR TORN DOWN. THERE HAS BEEN REPORTS OF SEEING PEOPLE SQUATTING IN THOSE BUILDINGS. I HAVE SEEN LIGHTS AND MOVEMENT OVER THERE AND THOUGHT I WAS SEEING THINGS UNTIL SOMEONE DOWN AT WOODLAWN SAID THE SAME THING. SAID THEY SAW LIGHTS OVER THERE ON SO I DONT KNOW . I DO KNOW WHEN I HAD MY COMPUTER ROOM UPSTAIRS THAT I WOULD SIT THERE IN THE ROOM AND SEE PEOPLE GO INTO THE GARAGE PART AND TAKE A LEAK. OF COURSE I WOULD BEAT ON THE WINDOW AND TELL THEM PEOPLE DO LIVE HERE.
WHO KNOWs

United States

#7 Jul 12, 2012
the town has been falling aprat for he past 30 years.l nothing as gotten better only worse. so bad the federal grats were issued to raze abnadonded buildings. mostly as prior posters said the owner/s died.
.
it is the seole responsibility of the city to al of its citizenry tokeep them safe. why have police ambulance fd etc. inthe original charter the walls were built and maintained by the city if no walls nothing to hold the dirt back and not possibility of buildings of any kind. think man. the city has neglected and I point the fingr of gross neglect at martha the thief moore as tothe ramshackled ness of this city. she did nothing. name me one thing in he entire tenure that one single handedly did for this city. federal funds are afvailiabl just apply. but to my knowledge she did nothing biut screw around withharold mcbride and promise him her position pion her dath. it was her that got him into politicsl the man can not even maintaina business much less run rthe city or help to run it. the onluy electricianin town and he is out of businessl do the math you whiute trash imbiciles.
if a wall falls and there is los to property or life and limb the city of welch is responsible it neglectd its citizen and deliberatley put them at risk. we have laws to proect us but the peopl of welch are a lazy worhtless mass of breeeders. a exception her or ther. the biggest drug consumption in the statel. so many drug addicts that the federl government isa funding a building of a detox rehabe center just for woman. tell ya anything. jesus what a bunch of stupid asshole. but stupid is impossible to fix. it like trying to get your virginity back from the guy you gave it up to.

This city has the mortar and materials nd supp;lies to repair every wall in this county. we are the county city and county respnsobile. put the prisoners to work. there goes your labor costs.

I should be the maor but i have created to many enemies especially men. I have the brains and the balls they don't they need pussy and bastard babies to provide for them. i can;t wait to get the f**** outta here. hope it blows like soddom and gomorrah.
WHO KNOWs

United States

#8 Jul 12, 2012
all one gets here is im gonna..... we're gonna.... we are waiting on the XXXXXX they lie and you know t but you have no balls to onfront it you lie and live with it youexpect nothign bettter. you fall for the shit every time and whenyou stand you stink.
.
as for the water project that is all the feds doing they had to to provide clean drinking water for the federal prisoners.
.
this city is not comributing a dime in any form to this water sewer project it is a federal job. note there are o local yokel on this job. all federal emplpyees and federal workers.
.
125 years old and still no hosptal that cna set a broken arm. i get better treatment at the vet in wyoming county and he charges less.

until you make a conscious decidion t change yu and yur environment it willl only contini its downward spiral and deterioratin. with each flood mroe nd more damage and moreandmore buildings lost. someday a ghost town. then harodl mcbride can rule to roaches, snakes and rats.
.
you vote for that man after what he did to every worker he had. fired every one of them when the vote were tallied. somes still do nt have jobs and no way of getting any.
.
i would suggest apprectice electricians, sit for licenses first, then post signs for side work. plumbers too. you will work full time for as long as you live here. yhour type of workis sorely neeede but only buy those that are competent and licend. I would not hire an unlicensed electr4ician or plumber. and do not be afrraid to ask to see the license. if not. close the door. if not your house and you might wind up in flames.i peronally call bluefield they charge a gas fee, afterall it is 100 miles round trip. but they are experts and once the job is doen it is done perfect. you gt what you pay for kids.
funny

Bluefield, WV

#9 Jul 12, 2012
babyblueeyes2010 wrote:
MY HOUSE IS RIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD FROM THOSE APARTMENTS AND THEY ARE FALLING DOWN. AT ONE TIME SOMEONE SAID THAT THE GUY WHO OWNED THE BOWLING ALLEY WAS THE OWNER, THEN I HEARD THAT RON HASSIN OWNED IT SO I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO OWNS IT. THEY NEED TO BE EITHER RENOVATED OUT OR TORN DOWN. THERE HAS BEEN REPORTS OF SEEING PEOPLE SQUATTING IN THOSE BUILDINGS. I HAVE SEEN LIGHTS AND MOVEMENT OVER THERE AND THOUGHT I WAS SEEING THINGS UNTIL SOMEONE DOWN AT WOODLAWN SAID THE SAME THING. SAID THEY SAW LIGHTS OVER THERE ON SO I DONT KNOW . I DO KNOW WHEN I HAD MY COMPUTER ROOM UPSTAIRS THAT I WOULD SIT THERE IN THE ROOM AND SEE PEOPLE GO INTO THE GARAGE PART AND TAKE A LEAK. OF COURSE I WOULD BEAT ON THE WINDOW AND TELL THEM PEOPLE DO LIVE HERE.
u bout as stupit as joy is.
Take a Leak

Princeton, WV

#10 Jul 12, 2012
babyblueeyes2010 wrote:
MY HOUSE IS RIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD FROM THOSE APARTMENTS AND THEY ARE FALLING DOWN. AT ONE TIME SOMEONE SAID THAT THE GUY WHO OWNED THE BOWLING ALLEY WAS THE OWNER, THEN I HEARD THAT RON HASSIN OWNED IT SO I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO OWNS IT. THEY NEED TO BE EITHER RENOVATED OUT OR TORN DOWN. THERE HAS BEEN REPORTS OF SEEING PEOPLE SQUATTING IN THOSE BUILDINGS. I HAVE SEEN LIGHTS AND MOVEMENT OVER THERE AND THOUGHT I WAS SEEING THINGS UNTIL SOMEONE DOWN AT WOODLAWN SAID THE SAME THING. SAID THEY SAW LIGHTS OVER THERE ON SO I DONT KNOW . I DO KNOW WHEN I HAD MY COMPUTER ROOM UPSTAIRS THAT I WOULD SIT THERE IN THE ROOM AND SEE PEOPLE GO INTO THE GARAGE PART AND TAKE A LEAK. OF COURSE I WOULD BEAT ON THE WINDOW AND TELL THEM PEOPLE DO LIVE HERE.
I don't think Welch or the County has any kind of laws on the books dealing with problems like that.
Real Estate/Zoning laws....etc.

It looks like the whole wall is going to collapse at any time.
Whizzer

United States

#11 Jul 13, 2012
babyblueeyes2010 wrote:
MY HOUSE IS RIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD FROM THOSE APARTMENTS AND THEY ARE FALLING DOWN. AT ONE TIME SOMEONE SAID THAT THE GUY WHO OWNED THE BOWLING ALLEY WAS THE OWNER, THEN I HEARD THAT RON HASSIN OWNED IT SO I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO OWNS IT. THEY NEED TO BE EITHER RENOVATED OUT OR TORN DOWN. THERE HAS BEEN REPORTS OF SEEING PEOPLE SQUATTING IN THOSE BUILDINGS. I HAVE SEEN LIGHTS AND MOVEMENT OVER THERE AND THOUGHT I WAS SEEING THINGS UNTIL SOMEONE DOWN AT WOODLAWN SAID THE SAME THING. SAID THEY SAW LIGHTS OVER THERE ON SO I DONT KNOW . I DO KNOW WHEN I HAD MY COMPUTER ROOM UPSTAIRS THAT I WOULD SIT THERE IN THE ROOM AND SEE PEOPLE GO INTO THE GARAGE PART AND TAKE A LEAK. OF COURSE I WOULD BEAT ON THE WINDOW AND TELL THEM PEOPLE DO LIVE HERE.
You know you liked looking at them balls n bats girl.
Town of Welch

Bluefield, WV

#12 Jul 13, 2012
07.14.2012

If it falls in the road, Traffic will/must once again travel over the bypass.

Reba may get some of da Lions Member's to clear da road.

M.Wyatt, Mr.Lewis can direct traffic for Reba.(Sell Broom's to passer buyers also.)
Shop In Welch

Bluefield, WV

#13 Jul 17, 2012
07.17.2012

Does The Mayor (Reba) even know about that problem?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS ”

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#14 Jul 17, 2012
THAT WALL FELL OVER WHEN THE DOT WAS REPAIRING THE WALL WHEN THE PIPE BURST. THE TOP WALL BUCKLED BUT DID NOT FALL IN TILL THE DOT WAS ABOUT DONE WITH THE WALL. IT IS JUST HERE RECENTLY WHERE IT IS GETTING WORSE AND OTHER PARTS OF THE WALL IS FALLING OUT
Welches Finest

Princeton, WV

#15 Jul 17, 2012
mayor needed bad wrote:
<quoted text>you should be the mayor.you wood be a good one.
I would very well agree with you about this.Welch is in desperate need of new blood as a Mayor. And the last two has been women Mayors,But both were old as the hills and wasnt able to do a good job.I really think BBE would make a great Mayor,Shes young and seems to know and care about Welch.I do know we need a new Mayor,and she would be the right one.

Either her or Mr. H either one.I give them both credit,they are young,ambitious,knows what Welch is and needs.I think its time for a change,Why not some new blood,young people that cares.

I really think enough residents feel the same way as I do.I wished either one of these would consider this.They will be surprised,and would more than likely be elected.Think about this,PLEASE!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS ”

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#16 Jul 17, 2012
I HAVE ONLY LIVED HERE IN WELCH FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS. IN THOSE 4 YEARS I HAVE SEEN THIS TOWN DO NOTHING TO GET THE DRUG DEALERS OFF THE STREETS. THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING TO PROVIDE GOOD SAFE PLACES FOR THE YOUTH TO GO. WHY NOT TAKE ONE OF THE EMPTY BUILDINGS FROM DOWN TOWN AND MAKE IT A UNDERAGE PARTY PLACE THAT WILL NOT ONLY BE DRUG AND ALCOHOL FREE BUT ONLY PEOPLE 20 AND UNDER CAN GO TOO. WOULD BE WELL SUPERVISED AS WELL. A PLACE WHERE THE YOUTH COULD GO TO SOCIALIZE, EAT, DANCE . WILL KEEP THEM OFF THE STREETS. I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE BOWLING ALLEY IS IT STILL OPEN. WE NEED TO THINK OF THE YOUTH THAT IS GOING TO BE HERE LONG AFTER WE ARE ALL DEAD. NOT KNOCKING THE SCHOOLS BUT I HAVE HAD MY KIDS IN NORTH CAROLINIA SCHOOLS AND DC SCHOOLS AND WHEN I BROUGHT MY DAUGHTER HERE IN THE 8TH GRADE SHE HAD ALREADY DONE ALGEBRA IN THE 7TH GRADE AND THERE WERE NO ADVANCE CLASSES FOR HER. ALOT OF THE SCHOOLS HERE ONLY HAVE BASIC CLASSES AND THERE IS A NEED FOR MORE ADVANCE CLASSES IF WE PLAN ON GETTING THESE KIDS OUTTA THE STONE AGE HERE. COMPUTERS IS THE MAIN THING RIGHT NOW. EVERYTHING IS RUN BY THEM. I DONT PROFESS TO KNOW EVERYTHING AND NOR WOULD I EVER WANT TO RUN A TOWN BUT I DO SEE WHERE THINGS COULD BE IMPROVED. THESE KIDS ARE THE FUTURE AND WE NEED TO INVEST IN THEM IN THERE QUALITY OF LIFE WITH BRINGING NEW BUSINESSES IN FOR JOBS, BETTER SKILLS TO BE TAUGHT IN THE SCHOOLS , AND STUFF FOR THEM TO DO TO GET THEM OFF THE STREET.
Welchs Finest

Princeton, WV

#17 Jul 17, 2012
babyblueeyes2010 wrote:
I HAVE ONLY LIVED HERE IN WELCH FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS. IN THOSE 4 YEARS I HAVE SEEN THIS TOWN DO NOTHING TO GET THE DRUG DEALERS OFF THE STREETS. THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING TO PROVIDE GOOD SAFE PLACES FOR THE YOUTH TO GO. WHY NOT TAKE ONE OF THE EMPTY BUILDINGS FROM DOWN TOWN AND MAKE IT A UNDERAGE PARTY PLACE THAT WILL NOT ONLY BE DRUG AND ALCOHOL FREE BUT ONLY PEOPLE 20 AND UNDER CAN GO TOO. WOULD BE WELL SUPERVISED AS WELL. A PLACE WHERE THE YOUTH COULD GO TO SOCIALIZE, EAT, DANCE . WILL KEEP THEM OFF THE STREETS. I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE BOWLING ALLEY IS IT STILL OPEN. WE NEED TO THINK OF THE YOUTH THAT IS GOING TO BE HERE LONG AFTER WE ARE ALL DEAD. NOT KNOCKING THE SCHOOLS BUT I HAVE HAD MY KIDS IN NORTH CAROLINIA SCHOOLS AND DC SCHOOLS AND WHEN I BROUGHT MY DAUGHTER HERE IN THE 8TH GRADE SHE HAD ALREADY DONE ALGEBRA IN THE 7TH GRADE AND THERE WERE NO ADVANCE CLASSES FOR HER. ALOT OF THE SCHOOLS HERE ONLY HAVE BASIC CLASSES AND THERE IS A NEED FOR MORE ADVANCE CLASSES IF WE PLAN ON GETTING THESE KIDS OUTTA THE STONE AGE HERE. COMPUTERS IS THE MAIN THING RIGHT NOW. EVERYTHING IS RUN BY THEM. I DONT PROFESS TO KNOW EVERYTHING AND NOR WOULD I EVER WANT TO RUN A TOWN BUT I DO SEE WHERE THINGS COULD BE IMPROVED. THESE KIDS ARE THE FUTURE AND WE NEED TO INVEST IN THEM IN THERE QUALITY OF LIFE WITH BRINGING NEW BUSINESSES IN FOR JOBS, BETTER SKILLS TO BE TAUGHT IN THE SCHOOLS , AND STUFF FOR THEM TO DO TO GET THEM OFF THE STREET.
This is what I am refering to. Seems like you,as a resident knows more about whats going on in Welch more than the Mayor does.I have lived in Welch almost 60 years,and seems like since Mayor Swope left,The town has went downhill. I really think we need someone like you that is youngand ambitious. Someone that cares about Welch and most of all,Our children and the residents.The drug problem is getting worse everyday,Because our Town Police cares less about the drugs. They overlook the serious problems and worry more about writing the working class people tickets for little petty crap.I would love to see a new young Mayor come in and clean house.If something isnt done soon,The good residents are going to move out of Welch and turn it over to the Drunks,Theives,Druggies,Prosti tutes,We cant take much more of this. I would like to get some help on this and start voicing our opinions about this and work on getting a Mayor that will help solve some of these things.Its a shame the way Welch is right now.It can be changed,But the residents are going to have to step in and vote the old ones out that dont give a damn!
Welchs Finest

Princeton, WV

#18 Jul 17, 2012
Like I said,Baby Blue Eyes and Mr H would make two good "young" residents that show care and concern about Welch and its people. We as the residents need to step up and see that a change is made.Im sure some smart mouth people will have something smart or stupid to say about this,But the majority of the residents that care would feel the same as I do. And together,WE,Could make this change happen.We need to forget this buddy,buddy plan,That we have done all these years and put someone thats interested and engeregetic in there.Somethings gotta be done,A big change needs made SOON!

“HobertC The1Great AwesomeOne ”

Level 9

Since: Apr 08

Welch WV

#19 Jul 17, 2012
Since my name was just brought up.... will add....
It is normally the property owner right to maintain their property in city limits from what I know... Be it yard, a wall, house, sidewalk clear of snow and etc... Everything from the sidewalk and road is maintained by the city....

I have many ideas of change... Maybe eventually one day i might seek public office and bring the change that is needed.... Untill then I will voice my opinions to family, friends, and even some cases the public...
Shop In Welch

Princeton, WV

#20 Jul 17, 2012
babyblueeyes2010 wrote:
THAT WALL FELL OVER WHEN THE DOT WAS REPAIRING THE WALL WHEN THE PIPE BURST. THE TOP WALL BUCKLED BUT DID NOT FALL IN TILL THE DOT WAS ABOUT DONE WITH THE WALL. IT IS JUST HERE RECENTLY WHERE IT IS GETTING WORSE AND OTHER PARTS OF THE WALL IS FALLING OUT
What does DOT stand for?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Best reason to support Bernie Sanders! (Oct '15) 14 min Bert 43
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 58 min Mark mark 33,126
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 36,093
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 4 hr luci 5,704
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 7 hr Bad ass visitor 1,342
Big Four Exxon 17 hr Dungadude 5
Word assocation (Sep '07) 17 hr luci 17,439
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Welch Mortgages