how does your garden grow.......

how does your garden grow.......

Posted in the Welch Forum

“ ~ I SEE DUMB PEOPLE ~”

Since: Jul 07

BIG SANDY

#1 Aug 12, 2008
well mine grew well so well in fact the rabbits had a great meal everyday ..lol if anyone has any ideas for keeping them out I would love to hear them .. it's too late this year but maybe next year I would enjoy hearing any garden hints I love garden foods but a green thumb I surley dont have..... thanks

“Mean People Suck”

Level 3

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#2 Aug 12, 2008
spray your plants with a mixture of hot peppers & water.... that will keep the bugs & bunnies off.. you have to respray after it rains..if you dont want to use the peppers use a mix of dishwashing liquid...

do you know how to keep the neighbors kids from picking my tomatoes??? i havent gotten the FIRST one from my plants this year!!
*ARRRGH*
Just john

Lagrange, GA

#3 Aug 12, 2008
RaggedyAnn wrote:
spray your plants with a mixture of hot peppers & water.... that will keep the bugs & bunnies off.. you have to respray after it rains..if you dont want to use the peppers use a mix of dishwashing liquid...
do you know how to keep the neighbors kids from picking my tomatoes??? i havent gotten the FIRST one from my plants this year!!
*ARRRGH*
Picking your maters? My My, who would stoop to that low?

Well, if it is gardening advice you want, don't ask me. I decided to plant me some strawberries this year. Like a dummy I put them between the corn and tomatoes. Guess what? No sun, no strawberries!

We are getting in out second stand of corn and beans. Our weather is such that we can plant two gardens a year. In a couple of weeks I'll put out the greens, cabbage, collards etc. They will continue to grow until next spring.

Now about them bunnies. I would suggest calling in Elmer Fudd :-)
Level 3

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#4 Aug 12, 2008
Just john wrote:
<quoted text>
Picking your maters? My My, who would stoop to that low?
Well, if it is gardening advice you want, don't ask me. I decided to plant me some strawberries this year. Like a dummy I put them between the corn and tomatoes. Guess what? No sun, no strawberries!
We are getting in out second stand of corn and beans. Our weather is such that we can plant two gardens a year. In a couple of weeks I'll put out the greens, cabbage, collards etc. They will continue to grow until next spring.
Now about them bunnies. I would suggest calling in Elmer Fudd :-)
Not Elmer Fudd. Mr. McGregor
Outsider

Lebanon, VA

#5 Aug 12, 2008
Not to change the subject but I just lost two coon hounds in the welch area. one black and tan and one walker. has anyone seen them?
Seeker

United States

#6 Aug 13, 2008
RaggedyAnn wrote:
*ARRRGH*
RaggedyAnn I would complain in front of the kids as to how bad the cats seem to pee all over your tomatoes and see if they pay any attention....LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 16 min _Susan_ 36,361
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 17 min _Susan_ 33,633
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 37 min luci 6,028
The Alphabet Game (Dec '11) 1 hr luci 2,389
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 1,384
Word assocation (Sep '07) 19 hr Princess Hey 17,659
3 word story (Jul '11) Mon Princess Hey 2,002

Welch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance