hicktown

Smoot, WV

#332 Apr 10, 2009
Just heard that idle until June 8th from a friend that works there, he just got his call.
the truth

Clay, WV

#333 Apr 10, 2009
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. Takes Actions to Reduce Metallurgical Coal Production
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.(NYSE: CLF)(Paris: CLF), citing a continuing softness in the demand for metallurgicalcoal used by the steel industry, announced that it is taking a number of steps at its mines in West Virginia and Alabama to align its 2009 production with customer demand.

In West Virginia, its wholly owned subsidiary Pinnacle Mining Company, LLC ("Pinnacle"), has indefinitely idled its Green Ridge No. 1 mine. In addition, its Pinnacle mine will halt production beginning on April 13 for approximately two months. Layoffs associated with the idling of the Green Ridge No. 1 mine and reduced operations at the Pinnacle Prep Plant affect 90 employees. The production curtailment at the Pinnacle mine will affect approximately 200 employees.

Operating levels at Cliffs' wholly owned Alabama subsidiary Oak Grove Resources, LLC, will also be reduced, resulting in the layoff of about 65 employees at its Oak Grove mine and Concord Prep Plant.

"We are making these production adjustments due to the reduced demand for metallurgical coal in the United States and throughout the world," said Don Gallagher, president of Cliffs Natural Resources North American Business Unit. "As we go forward, we will continue to review our operating levels to ensure that we balance our production and inventory with customer demand."

These production adjustments will put the current 2009 annual operating rate at approximately 2.2 million tons.

The Pinnacle, Green Ridge No. 1 and Oak Grove mines produce metallurgical coal for the steel industry. Metallurgical coal demand has been reduced as the steel industry has cut back production in the face of the global economic slowdown.

To be added to Cliffs Natural Resources' e-mail distribution list, please click on the link below:

http://www.cpg-llc.com/clearsite/clf/emailopt...

ABOUT CLIFFS NATURAL RESOURCES INC.
Coalminers Daughter

Rupert, WV

#334 Apr 10, 2009
There were 59 employees layed off today, Greenridge is shut down & the mine is idle until sometime in June..bosses, firebosses & other ppl as needed will be working. Hate to see anyone layed off or not working, it's just bad all around, but it could have been worse. Let's just hope & pray that things get better for everyone. Also heard that there could be some salary ones layed off too...don't know if there is any truth to it.
wife

Gilbert, WV

#335 Apr 10, 2009
the truth wrote:
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. Takes Actions to Reduce Metallurgical Coal Production
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.(NYSE: CLF)(Paris: CLF), citing a continuing softness in the demand for metallurgicalcoal used by the steel industry, announced that it is taking a number of steps at its mines in West Virginia and Alabama to align its 2009 production with customer demand.
In West Virginia, its wholly owned subsidiary Pinnacle Mining Company, LLC ("Pinnacle"), has indefinitely idled its Green Ridge No. 1 mine. In addition, its Pinnacle mine will halt production beginning on April 13 for approximately two months. Layoffs associated with the idling of the Green Ridge No. 1 mine and reduced operations at the Pinnacle Prep Plant affect 90 employees. The production curtailment at the Pinnacle mine will affect approximately 200 employees.
Operating levels at Cliffs' wholly owned Alabama subsidiary Oak Grove Resources, LLC, will also be reduced, resulting in the layoff of about 65 employees at its Oak Grove mine and Concord Prep Plant.
"We are making these production adjustments due to the reduced demand for metallurgical coal in the United States and throughout the world," said Don Gallagher, president of Cliffs Natural Resources North American Business Unit. "As we go forward, we will continue to review our operating levels to ensure that we balance our production and inventory with customer demand."
These production adjustments will put the current 2009 annual operating rate at approximately 2.2 million tons.
The Pinnacle, Green Ridge No. 1 and Oak Grove mines produce metallurgical coal for the steel industry. Metallurgical coal demand has been reduced as the steel industry has cut back production in the face of the global economic slowdown.
To be added to Cliffs Natural Resources' e-mail distribution list, please click on the link below:
http://www.cpg-llc.com/clearsite/clf/emailopt...
ABOUT CLIFFS NATURAL RESOURCES INC.
HELLO, WE WENT TO THE WEBSITE, WE CAN READ!!!!!
YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO POST THIS!
hicktown

Smoot, WV

#336 Apr 10, 2009
they were just being helpful,jeezzzz!
coal miners wife

Webster Springs, WV

#337 Apr 10, 2009
wondering wrote:
He's been messing with Amanda G. after work..
How do you know have you seen it personally?
wife

Gilbert, WV

#338 Apr 11, 2009
Coalminers Daughter wrote:
There were 59 employees layed off today, Greenridge is shut down & the mine is idle until sometime in June..bosses, firebosses & other ppl as needed will be working. Hate to see anyone layed off or not working, it's just bad all around, but it could have been worse. Let's just hope & pray that things get better for everyone. Also heard that there could be some salary ones layed off too...don't know if there is any truth to it.
Just curious, when did your dad get a call? My husband works at Greenridge, he has never gotten a call and he was told Thursday that they would be working 4 days next week!!!
coalminertte

Orgas, WV

#339 Apr 11, 2009
I work there and came out yesterday at 4PM there was an idle day posting for next week with a few names but no call yet and no mention of a layoff yet from the bosses (I read the article) I know second shift wasn't there and it was a bad sign. Anyone know when we will know who gets the layoff call and realigned please?
coalminers cutie

Smoot, WV

#340 Apr 11, 2009
My husband just got a call and was told 80 people will be working. He was told not to come in on Mon,Tues,or Wed,but needed to sign a new list (he has 30 yrs in over there). It really does not look good at all. Everyone should get a call this weekend from what I understood. Nothing was said about layoff or realign so don't know how they are going to do that. Supposed to last until June 8th a co-worker of his was told though.
Oh Well

Bluefield, WV

#341 Apr 11, 2009
It's sad to hear of lay offs and a mine being idle but look on the bright side, all this screwing around at work won't be going on.
Crazy as Hell

Meadow Bridge, WV

#342 Apr 11, 2009
NO Coal orders sending all to Oak grove Alabama what few they are getting..
Crazy as Hell

Meadow Bridge, WV

#343 Apr 11, 2009
GreenRidge will probably be down until next year if Cliffs just dont shut down the whole thing for a while and re-open it non union.. That could happen...
Lucy Mae

Princeton, WV

#344 Apr 11, 2009
Oh Well wrote:
It's sad to hear of lay offs and a mine being idle but look on the bright side, all this screwing around at work won't be going on.
I guess this is true, but if they really want to be with each other they will find a way.
1 post removed
Looking For Strange Now

Princeton, WV

#346 Apr 11, 2009
a wife wrote:
<quoted text>libbie potter & amanda mott/green will be upset now! they won,t be able to suck and f**k all them married cocks for a while LOL.......
Who knows,they may have more time for more men,maybe some strange now??
Lucy Mae

Northfork, WV

#347 Apr 11, 2009
Looking For Strange Now wrote:
<quoted text>Who knows,they may have more time for more men,maybe some strange now??
Shame on you. LOL!
PHS_78

Arlington, VA

#348 Apr 13, 2009
My bf got the call Saturday morning...He is one of the 60 laid off. He was told that they are keeping one section open and iddleing the rest of the mines for 2 months. I pray that they all get called back.
laid off

Beckley, WV

#349 Apr 13, 2009
http://b2i.api.edgar-online.com/EFX_dll/Edgar... copy that link and paste to your browser to see the official letter the UMWA was sent about the layoffs...
EPP

Welch, WV

#350 Apr 13, 2009
Any news or info about a management lay-off this Wednesday at Cliffs?
laid off

Beckley, WV

#351 Apr 14, 2009
heard mccoy and dalton, thats all i heard so far, heres the latest sent out as of 4/13/09 from corporate, read over it if you like, just click on the link....http://b2i.api.edgar-o nline.com/EFX_dll/EdgarPro.dll ?FetchFilingHTML1?SessionID=2Q bvWvfVUd9wF-9&ID=6538611
laid off

Beckley, WV

#352 Apr 14, 2009

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 12 min purplelady1040 19,560
3 word story (Jul '11) 37 min Theo 1,042
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 1 hr Theo 2,250
internet services that suck 2 hr Lisa 4
Where R any Toys 4 Tots in McDowell This Yr? (Nov '12) 2 hr Lisa 12
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 10 hr Sundog512 24,363
Welch Music Thread (Apr '12) Sun texas pete 346
Welch Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Welch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Welch News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Welch

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:10 am PST

NBC Sports10:10AM
Why does Cincinnati shrink in the spotlight?
NBC Sports11:58 AM
Panthers add Frank Alexander to 53-man roster
NBC Sports 1:27 PM
Another strong December has Panthers on playoff doorstep - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:26 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Live Score and Analysis for Denver
Bleacher Report 3:56 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Live Score, Highlights and Analysis