cooterdog's hang out

“Right To Die With Dignity ”

Level 9

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#6622 Feb 24, 2013
Weepy wrote:
Hey CD, seen WVU have another bad go at it while on another channel a NASCAR race at Daytona gone out of control, no one killed with that debris spreading was amazing.
I am gonna be out probably the rest of the day, have a good day all.
I hope you enjoy your day, Weepy. Yes, WVU walked away with another L. Didn't get to view the accident, but I've heard a lot of stories about what happened.

Level 9

Location hidden

#6623 Feb 24, 2013
-Lily- wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a great day Weepy!
Hi -Lily-. How are you today?

Level 9

Location hidden

#6624 Feb 24, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed! I;d rather less plants than a smelly lawn.
Good evening SW. I hope you've had a wonderful weekend.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Waco, TX

#6625 Feb 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that's not entirely a true statement......and at the rescue place they take in orphaned fawns all the time and put them in with a herd and have no issues.......even a mommy dog who has just had puppies, will take in an orphaned kitten or other baby......there are shows all the time that prove this!!!
Right. I know that dogs and cats take in other animals, but I just wasn't sure about deer. Some animals will and some won't. Even within certain species, some mothers will take in orphans and others won't. I guess that is similar to humans.

“We R Watching U”

Level 5

Since: Dec 11

Albany, NY

#6626 Feb 24, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I read somewhere where it is rare that a doe will take in another's fawn if it wants to nurse. Don't quote me on that, but it seems like I read it somewhere.
We had a guy in our community that kept several deer in a pen. They were always cute when they were little, but they get right down nasty when they grow up--especially the male deer. My son always wanted to go over there to see the deer when he was little. We showed up one time when the guy was butchering one of the male deer. That was kind of traumatic for my son, but that was a fact of life, so he finally got over it.
He kills the deer he raises in a pen? Doesn't seem fair at least the wild ones have a chance. Maybe that's why the adult dear turned nasty? They knew the guy was going to kill them.

Level 9

Location hidden

#6627 Feb 24, 2013
Hey Its Emma wrote:
Good morning, Sundog, CD and Godsmacked.:-)
Good evening Hey Its Emma. We have sunshine and church attendance was amazing today.

“We R Watching U”

Level 5

Albany, NY

#6628 Feb 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that's not entirely a true statement......and at the rescue place they take in orphaned fawns all the time and put them in with a herd and have no issues.......even a mommy dog who has just had puppies, will take in an orphaned kitten or other baby......there are shows all the time that prove this!!!
Couldn't fawns drink formula? You know the kind they give to orphaned livestock? Sorry,city girl here.

Level 9

Location hidden

#6629 Feb 24, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Emma. Hope you are doing well this morning.
Howdy Sundog. Been reading your planting adventures. I have a neighbor that is using things that makes noise around their garden. I've not asked if it works, but I've noticed a lot of strings with bells attached and tin pans along with plastic bags tied to limbs and string around a piece of land that used to look like a garden.

Level 9

Location hidden

#6630 Feb 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, NorCal Native. It is strange how some animals will take in other animals.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#6631 Feb 24, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>Howdy Sundog. Been reading your planting adventures. I have a neighbor that is using things that makes noise around their garden. I've not asked if it works, but I've noticed a lot of strings with bells attached and tin pans along with plastic bags tied to limbs and string around a piece of land that used to look like a garden.
I've seen people use aluminum pie tins tied to the fence as noise makers. I think at first those things work, but deer are pretty smart and eventually they get used to the sound and ignore it. They're pretty crafty animals that seem to be up on most of our tricks....LOL.

“We R Watching U”

Level 5

Albany, NY

#6632 Feb 24, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen people use aluminum pie tins tied to the fence as noise makers. I think at first those things work, but deer are pretty smart and eventually they get used to the sound and ignore it. They're pretty crafty animals that seem to be up on most of our tricks....LOL.
I place motion sensitive toys near the window in the bird room because they would chew the framing if they began sitting in it. They eventually figure out the toy will not hurt them and I have to get a new one. Currently,Maddy's Furbie is standing guard.

“LIFE'S TO SHORT TO LET TOPIX”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

TROLLS GET YA DOWN:-)

#6633 Feb 24, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>Good afternoon, NorCal Native. It is strange how some animals will take in other animals.
Yep, sometimes I wish people would take a lesson or two from the animal kingdom.
Redneckerson

Ripley, WV

#6634 Feb 24, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't fawns drink formula? You know the kind they give to orphaned livestock? Sorry,city girl here.
yes; Goat or lamb formula works well. Around the middle of May is the 1st hay-cutting and several fawns are orphaned and raised by ppl. We ran over a fawn several yrs ago while mowing and its twin wasnt hurt but the mother wouldn't return to the other.My cousin raised it ,then in the fall it returned with other deer. I picked on him hard about butchering the little fawn ,telling him once you skin them you can't see the spots. I was just picking though I couldnt have killed it.

Level 9

#6635 Feb 24, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. I know that dogs and cats take in other animals, but I just wasn't sure about deer. Some animals will and some won't. Even within certain species, some mothers will take in orphans and others won't. I guess that is similar to humans.
I would agree......but humans could take some lessons from the animal kingdom in certain situations!!!

Level 9

#6636 Feb 24, 2013
Redneckerson wrote:
<quoted text>yes; Goat or lamb formula works well. Around the middle of May is the 1st hay-cutting and several fawns are orphaned and raised by ppl. We ran over a fawn several yrs ago while mowing and its twin wasnt hurt but the mother wouldn't return to the other.My cousin raised it ,then in the fall it returned with other deer. I picked on him hard about butchering the little fawn ,telling him once you skin them you can't see the spots. I was just picking though I couldnt have killed it.
I hate hitting animals even ones already dead and ran over......I just don't like harming any living thing!!!

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#6637 Feb 24, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
I place motion sensitive toys near the window in the bird room because they would chew the framing if they began sitting in it. They eventually figure out the toy will not hurt them and I have to get a new one. Currently,Maddy's Furbie is standing guard.
LMAO!

Finally, someone finds a use for a "Furbie."

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#6638 Feb 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree......but humans could take some lessons from the animal kingdom in certain situations!!!
I agree. And I think we could take lessons in most situations.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#6639 Feb 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate hitting animals even ones already dead and ran over......I just don't like harming any living thing!!!
I agree, but I did run over a cat once that was flopping all over the road. It had been hit and it was obvious there was no way it was going to recover. I couldn't just drive away thinking it was suffering.

Level 9

Location hidden

#6640 Feb 24, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Furbie has a purpose...:)

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Waco, TX

#6641 Feb 24, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
He kills the deer he raises in a pen? Doesn't seem fair at least the wild ones have a chance. Maybe that's why the adult dear turned nasty? They knew the guy was going to kill them.
Yeah, he had a permit from the state to raise deer. Not at all sure how that worked, but I remember when I lived in NJ, you could buy farm-raised venison in a restaurant in New Brunswick. So I guess they consider it like livestock or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 2 hr Cookie_Parker 22,881
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 4 hr _FLATLINE-------- 3,416
vote for Danny mitchel 12 hr Wrong 3
daughter gets kicked outa senior prom because s... 14 hr Sweepyface 16
Dear Topix 18 hr Sweepyface 888
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 18 hr Alex Nicole 4,319
3 word story (Jul '11) 18 hr Alex Nicole 1,891
More from around the web

Welch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE