Why blame the gays?

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#31 Mar 9, 2012
Fundies actually believe this sort of "logic". Well, as
"Christian Pride" is showing us, all that matters to Christians is spreading hate.
http://youtu.be/rixkck8QnjY

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

#32 Mar 9, 2012
Christian Pride wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAHAHAHA....OUCH, that must have hurt you.
It doesn't hurt me however it destroys christianity and what it stands for and that hurts those that believe in the faith itself.

Level 5

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#33 Mar 9, 2012
Christian Pride wrote:
<quoted text>CHECK MATE, YOU LOSE.
Homosexuals are made from childhood sexual abuse.
Gays need to make up their minds. Are gays suicides, depression, drug abuse, and alcoholism just coincidentally high among gays, or is it due to parental and societal abuse.
Peter Dimock, MSW, Professional Education Director at the University of Minnesota School of Social Work, wrote in his article titled "Group Work With Adult Male Sexual Abuse Survivors," posted on The National Organization on Male Sexual Victimization (NOMSV) website, MaleSurvivor.org (accessed Mar. 5, 2009), that:
"Many men who were sexually abused (especially those abused by other men), are confused about their sexual/affectional preference. While it is difficult to determine cause and effect regarding this orientation (e.g., whether sexual abuse 'causes' homosexuality), most men, gay and straight, have concerns about how sexual abuse may have played a role in determining their sexual orientation."
Mar. 5, 2009 - Peter Dimock, MSW
William C. Holmes, MD, MSCE, Assistant Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and Gail B. Slap, MD, Associate Chair of Pediatrics at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, in their Dec. 2, 1998 Journal of the American Medical Association article "Sexual Abuse of Boys," stated:
"Sexual abuse of boys appears to be common, underreported, underrecognized, and undertreated...
Abused [male] adolescents, particularly those victimized by males, were up to 7 times more likely to self-identify as gay or bisexual than peers who had not been abused. No longitudinal studies examined the causal relationship between abuse and gender role or sexual orientation.
Being gay is NOT caused by sexual abuse. The person is born gay. From birth. They don't choose any more than you do. At what point of your life did you choose to be hetero or were you just born that way? That's what I thought. You have been fed incorrect info.
2 posts removed

#36 Mar 9, 2012
Christian Pride wrote:
<quoted text>No, it actually hurts you, because you are the one in need of Christ. Real Christians are not trying to gain your approval and your failure to receive is your issue with God.
The more you post the more you destroy the word of the christian god so please by all means continue showing how hate filled jesus freaks are. You are doing a better job than I could ever do and that is a godd@mn fact!
1 post removed

#38 Mar 9, 2012
Christian Pride wrote:
<quoted text> I thought.
All lies!

Sexual orientation is not a matter of choice, it is primarily neurobiological at birth", Dr. Jerome Goldstein, Director of the San Francisco Clinical Research Center (USA) stressed today at the 21st Meeting of the European Neurological Society (ENS) in Lisbon. "There are undeniable links. We want to make them visible to the eye". At the congress he showed how the brains of people of different sexual orientations - gay, straight, bisexual - work in different ways, applying volumetric Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), functional fMRI scanning, and PET scanning.

There have been several reports of twin studies indicating the probable genetic link of sexual orientation. Dr. Goldstein has begun accumulating a database of identical twins, whose sexual orientation will be further evaluated by MRI, fMRI scanning, and PET scanning.

Origin of sexual orientation: current data

"Using volumetric studies, there have been findings of significant cerebral amygdala size differences between homosexual and heterosexual subjects. Sex dimorphic connections were found among homosexual participants in these studies," Dr. Goldstein noted. He provided current data regarding homosexuality showing differences and/or similarities, between the brains of homosexuals and heterosexuals.

Similarities between the brains of gay men and heterosexual women

"Some of the most striking results were delivered recently by Dr. Ivanka Savic-Berglund and Dr. Per Lindström of the Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden", Dr. Goldstein reported. The Swedish experts performed volumetric studies, fMRI and PET measurements of cerebral blood flow. Using volumetric studies, they found significant cerebral and amygdala size differences between homosexual and heterosexual subjects. Thus the brains of homosexual men resemble those of heterosexual women and those of homosexual women resemble to heterosexual men. The plan for continued studies is to expand the number of subjects evaluated, thus verifying the validity of data already available.

Pheromonal studies also have added to the scientific knowledge of sexuality, according to Dr. Goldstein. "Sex-atypical connections were found among homosexual participants. Amygdala connectivity differences were found to be statistically significant and provided evidence towards sexual dimorphism between heterosexual and homosexual subjects. "

"We must continue to bring forward data that show the differences or similarities between the brains of homosexuals, heterosexuals, bisexuals, and trans gender persons. Clearly the basis of sexual orientation is in the brain and differences in brain structure and function and the province of neurology", Dr. Goldstein added. "Neuroscience has much to offer in the area of understanding the origins of all variations of sexual orientation. The neurobiology of sexual orientation and the gay brain, matched with other hormonal, genetic, and structural studies, has far-reaching consequences beyond sexual orientation." Treatment variations are already emerging as a result of recognition of sexual orientation differences and the advent of gender specific medicine.

Source: ENS Abstract The neurobiology of sexual orientation - total medical evidence presentation
4 posts removed

“~TRUTH~”

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

Tough LOVE

#43 Mar 9, 2012
HH Gregg wrote:
<quoted text>
SO, YOU ARE CALLING GAYS MUTANTS. HOW NICE OF YOU.
No, just you. You're the homophobe, nobody else here. Just you. Are you locked in your closet?

Level 5

Location hidden

#44 Mar 9, 2012
Christian Pride wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, nobody is buying your voodoo self diagnosis science. No one is born gay. At what point in your life did you choose not to have sex with your dad? That's what I thought. At what point in your life did you decide not to kill your mom? That's what I thought. At what point in your life did you decide not to have sex with your dog? That is what I thought.
Note, the studies say a major cause of homosexuality.
There is no conclusive evidence that all gays were sexual abuse, because some gays choose to be gay by choice, and their own admission.
Well, not all drug addicts and alcoholics became drug and alcohol abusers due to sexual abuse, but a whole lot of them did and that is the same for gays.
I have been on Topix and Yahoo Answers for 5 years and I have also counseled 1000s of patients and all of the gays were sexually or emotionally abused as a child. I would love to find one gay who had a normal relationship with their parents, and then chose to be gay. That would be an exception and a case study.
I can point to you at least 10 on Topix, they were abused as children, but they are in denial about the effect and harm.
Sexual Abuse: A Major Cause Of Homosexuality?
It is a well-documented fact that many many homosexuals were sexually abused when young.(This paper will conclude with a list of some books which support that statement.)
In other words, there is an abundance of evidence that many many homosexuals were born heterosexual but were disoriented by sexual abuse.
Indeed, there are many more cases of sexual abuse than there are cases of homosexuality. As one large study discussed in a 1997 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association found, on average 12.8% of women and 4.3% of men recall being sexually abused.1 (How many do not recall it?)
According to Dr. James E. Soukup, author of a book which deals with several subjects including sexual abuse: "In one national study in 1985, 27 percent of the females interviewed and 16 percent of the males reported to have been sexually abused as children. Other studies indicate that these figures are too low. It is suggested that eighty percent of all sexual abuse is not reported."2
The Associated Press noted in late 1998 that, according to an analysis of 166 studies covering the years 1985-97: "As many as one in five boys is sexually abused....It [also] concluded that sexual abuse of boys is underreported and undertre
According to your 'severe alcohol withdraw stage' you are at the point of hallucinations. You think that that air of authority you try to speak with means a pile of beans or a bowl of piss.

You just tried to connect dots that are not even slightly related and you want us to take you seriously. Really dude?

With incest the child has no choice, it is something forced upon them.

If you have to decide weather or not to kill your mom, you either have a mom worth killing or you are insane. Gay people are not insane. How you connect the two above are beyone me unless your mind is really working like that for real , in that case you are scaring the hell out of me. You need to get thrapy , not give it.

If homosexuals show up in therapy, they probably do have some issues, but being homosexual is not their issue, it is how others treat them and how they try to make them think they are crazy when they are not. They sometimes abuse drugs and alcohol to mask the isolation they feel. Any group that is ostracized will feel isolation and probably reach for some self medication to survive the hurt and pain, unless they have a good support system, which thanks to nuts like you, they are hard pressed to come by.

Most all of your drivel up there is supposition and conjecture.
Your fact source is tainted and there is just as many studies that say otherwise.

Let the poor gay people alone. You are safe , they don't want to have sex with you. Stop acting so scared.
1 post removed
Daryl

Rocky Mount, VA

#46 Mar 9, 2012
Christian Pride wrote:
<quoted text>CHECK MATE, YOU LOSE.
Homosexuals are made from childhood sexual abuse.
Gays need to make up their minds. Are gays suicides, depression, drug abuse, and alcoholism just coincidentally high among gays, or is it due to parental and societal abuse.
Peter Dimock, MSW, Professional Education Director at the University of Minnesota School of Social Work, wrote in his article titled "Group Work With Adult Male Sexual Abuse Survivors," posted on The National Organization on Male Sexual Victimization (NOMSV) website, MaleSurvivor.org (accessed Mar. 5, 2009), that:
"Many men who were sexually abused (especially those abused by other men), are confused about their sexual/affectional preference. While it is difficult to determine cause and effect regarding this orientation (e.g., whether sexual abuse 'causes' homosexuality), most men, gay and straight, have concerns about how sexual abuse may have played a role in determining their sexual orientation."
Mar. 5, 2009 - Peter Dimock, MSW
William C. Holmes, MD, MSCE, Assistant Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and Gail B. Slap, MD, Associate Chair of Pediatrics at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, in their Dec. 2, 1998 Journal of the American Medical Association article "Sexual Abuse of Boys," stated:
"Sexual abuse of boys appears to be common, underreported, underrecognized, and undertreated...
Abused [male] adolescents, particularly those victimized by males, were up to 7 times more likely to self-identify as gay or bisexual than peers who had not been abused. No longitudinal studies examined the causal relationship between abuse and gender role or sexual orientation.
THEY HAVE A MENTAL PROBLEM.

“~TRUTH~”

Level 5

Tough LOVE

#47 Mar 9, 2012
HH Gregg wrote:
<quoted text>so, you are calling gays mutants. Is that because you are a self hating homophobe? Dr. Adams in his study noted that 4 out 5 homophobes were gay and the product of ego-dystonic homosexuality. Get it fixed, closet equals gays.
The next closet doors gays want to open is the gay pedophile closet door. Please, keep it closed.
You have no original thoughts do you? You likely should be locked up, but first you should come out of the closet. Or must you go kicking and screaming?

“Tears of a Clown”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#48 Mar 9, 2012
Daryl wrote:
<quoted text> THEY HAVE A MENTAL PROBLEM.
Hey it is Gladys boy, another kook that cannot stiock to one name.

“Tears of a Clown”

Level 9

Location hidden

#49 Mar 9, 2012
stick
4 posts removed
Herbert

United States

#54 Mar 9, 2012
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey it is Gladys boy, another kook that cannot stiock to one name.
WHAT stiock can't find it in the United States Dictionary fact is can't find it on line. stiock and YOU told me a Teacher to learn to spell?? stiock come on...
Just kidding around, my laptop keys does cause me to misspell and get stuck, I need to go to Wal Mart for a can of air to clean out the keys..........
Herbert

United States

#55 Mar 9, 2012
HH Gregg wrote:
<quoted text>Stiock, is that a new gay term?
stiock, stiock I want to send that word to Bill O'rilly, he love news words...Stiock a Cherokee Indian word mean "man is the reason the eraser was made". So stiock to the guy who gave us this new work, we would not have an eraser if he was not. Thanks Weepie for the erase and stiock stiock stiock
One awesome nice guy Weepy.

“Pay the toll”

Level 8

or meet the troll

#56 Mar 9, 2012
Herbert wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT stiock can't find it in the United States Dictionary fact is can't find it on line. stiock and YOU told me a Teacher to learn to spell?? stiock come on...
Just kidding around, my laptop keys does cause me to misspell and get stuck, I need to go to Wal Mart for a can of air to clean out the keys..........
Jim, you need a can of air to clean out your head. Oh, wait, your head is air. My bad.

“~TRUTH~”

Level 5

Tough LOVE

#57 Mar 9, 2012
HH Gregg wrote:
<quoted text>CLOSET = GAY.
Correctomundo. You don't catch on too quick do you? Likely why it's taken you so long to venture out of the safety of your closet gayness. Deflecting your sexuality you cannot except by being a homophobe isn't working is it Doctor Dingleberry?

“~TRUTH~”

Level 5

Tough LOVE

#58 Mar 9, 2012
Except I meant to say Accept. You dull others brains with your lunacy, Doctor Dictator.

“Tears of a Clown”

Level 9

Location hidden

#59 Mar 9, 2012
Herbert wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT stiock can't find it in the United States Dictionary fact is can't find it on line. stiock and YOU told me a Teacher to learn to spell?? stiock come on...
I give you credit for acknowledging that but there are others who needs typos by me for their "gotcha" moment so they can self high five themselves as they cannot get it any other way. It gives them quite an artificial boost them watching it fall flat in no time is very enjoyable.

"yuk yuk Weepy spelled sticking wrong, yuk yuk yuk"

“Tears of a Clown”

Level 9

Location hidden

#60 Mar 9, 2012
Herbert wrote:
<quoted text>stiock, stiock I want to send that word to Bill O'rilly, he love news words...Stiock a Cherokee Indian word mean "man is the reason the eraser was made". So stiock to the guy who gave us this new work, we would not have an eraser if he was not. Thanks Weepie for the erase and stiock stiock stiock
One awesome nice guy Weepy.
I liked Billo the Clown when he read a letter by a viewer named "Jack Mehoff", he looked foolish afterwards.

Do not go into the clown with me, got a whole list of his gaffes and his favorite catchphrases "cut his mic" and "shut up" when common sense interrupts the konservate fantasy. He is quite the hothead.

Level 5

Location hidden

#61 Mar 9, 2012
HH Gregg wrote:
<quoted text>Did you mean beyond and therapy? Your suppositions and masking of your gayness are obvious.
91% of gays have undergone therapy, and that is not accident.
Making excuses does not help, it hurts.
Pedophiles, adulterers, zoophiliacs, necrophiliacs, polygamist, rapist, etc. based on your conclusion, these people should account for at least 50 % of all suicides. You know, based on being ostracized.
No, it is not due to being ostracized, suicide is a mental illness and so is homosexuality.
Wow, all those Blacks and Jews in therapy, and all of their suicides, with all of their centuries of issues. No, that does not happen, because it is not a mental illness.
Denying gays access to therapy and medical treatment is you harming gays.
Why do you hate gays and support the denial of healthcare for the mental illness that causes their suicide?
I am not hiding my gay. I am a married heterosexual female, but I had gay people in my life from way back. They do not scare me or make me uncomfortable. They are just people like any other.

It really makes me flabergasted to see posts such as yours. It is mindboggling that they let people like you walk around loose in society, slinging your hate crap.

I did not suggest denying gays access to therapy, everyone should have access to therapy. But I do suggest we treat the illness and gay is not an illness.

Is it my imagination that you just added blacks and jews into the mix of gays.....all one pot now? Are you Rush himself come to post on McDowell co thread? How honored we are you dickness.

You are one of those we just have to throw back , because it is like beating ones head on a brick wall. No one will penetrate the hardness of your heart or the hardness of your head.

Please people, please, please, stop preaching hate.

#62 Mar 9, 2012
HH Gregg wrote:
<quoted text>GAY SELF SERVING LIES.
In his work English Men of Science: Their Nature and Nurture, which was originally published in 1874,.
All your posts are jesus freak lies and do you think we live in 1874? This godd@mn trash is f king out dated. Debunked!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 28 min mr goodwrench 27,333
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 3,790
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 3 hr mr goodwrench 25,950
4 Word Game (Sep '08) 4 hr Misty Fitch 2,895
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 6 hr honeymylove 4,407
Create your own Forum 6 hr Sundog512 337
why are ol men grumpy? (Dec '14) 9 hr texas pete 192
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Welch Mortgages