where to buy american gasoline. this is very important to know. read on.

Posted in the Welch Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Careful! This old dawg bites!”

Level 3

Since: Dec 07

Near You

#1 May 30, 2008
WHERE TO BUY AMERICAN GASOLINE. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON.

Gas rationing in the 70's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even have been good for us!

Are you aware that the Saudis are boycotting American products?

Shouldn't we return the favor? Can't we take control of our own destiny and let these giant oil importers know who REALLY generates their profits, their livings? How about leaving American Dollars in America and reduce the import/export deficit?

An appealing remedy might be to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia . Just purchase gas from companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill up my tank, I'm sending my money to people who I get the impression want me, my family and my friends dead. Don't you think it might be of interest to know which oil companies import Middle Eastern oil and which do not?

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell.......... 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco.......... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil.......... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway.......... 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco.......... 62,231,000 barrels

And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela by Dictator Hugo Chavez who hates America and openly avows our economic destruction!(We pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)

The U.S. currently imports 5,517,000 barrels of crude oil per day from OPEC. If you do the math at $95 per barrel, that's over $524 million PER DAY ($191 BILLION per year!) handed over to OPEC, many of whose members are our confirmed enemies!!!!!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:
Sunoco.......... 0 barrels
Conoco.......... 0 barrels
Sinclair.......... 0 barrels
BP / Phillips.......... 0 barrels
Hess.......... 0 barrels
ARC0.......... 0 barrels
Maverick.......... 0 barrels
Flying J.......... 0 barrels
Valero.......... 0 barrels
A. I AM GOING TO ADD THE FOLLOWINGa| J

Murphy Oil USA sold at Wal-Mart is from South Arkansas and owned USA
Not only that they give scholarships to all children in their town who finish high school and are legal US citizens. All of this information is available from the U.S. Department of Energy and each company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

But to have a real impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers. With the help of the internet, it's really simple to do. Now, don't wimp out at this point....keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at only ten more (30 x 10 = 300)....and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)....and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!!!!!!!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it....THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE-the entire population of the United States of America !!!!

Again, all you have to do is forward this message to 10 people. How long would that really take you? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people, within one day all 300 MILLION people could theoretically be contacted during the next eight days!
Confused in Georgia

United States

#2 Jun 9, 2008
How old is this information? I am concerned because I usually buy gas at a BP/Amoco station. They are now one company, however this info states that Amoco buys from the Middle East whereas BP doesn't. Do I need to boycott BP?
Gas Hog

Clay, WV

#3 Jun 9, 2008
Yellow Dawg wrote:
Gas rationing in the 70's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even have been good for us!
Shouldn't we return the favor? Can't we take control of our own destiny and let these giant oil importers know who REALLY generates their profits, their livings? How about leaving American Dollars in America and reduce the import/export deficit?
An appealing remedy might be to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia . Just purchase gas from companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.
Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill up my tank, I'm sending my money to people who I get the impression want me, my family and my friends dead. Don't you think it might be of interest to know which oil companies import Middle Eastern oil and which do not?
And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela by Dictator Hugo Chavez who hates America and openly avows our economic destruction!(We pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)
The U.S. currently imports 5,517,000 barrels of crude oil per day from OPEC. If you do the math at $95 per barrel, that's over $524 million PER DAY ($191 BILLION per year!) handed over to OPEC, many of whose members are our confirmed enemies!!!!!
Hess.......... 0 barrels
ARC0.......... 0 barrels
Not only that they give scholarships to all children in their town who finish high school and are legal US citizens. All of this information is available from the U.S. Department of Energy and each company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.
But to have a real impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers. With the help of the internet, it's really simple to do. Now, don't wimp out at this point....keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!
I'm sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at only ten more (30 x 10 = 300)....and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)....and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!!!!!!!
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it....THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE-the entire population of the United States of America !!!!
Again, all you have to do is forward this message to 10 people. How long would that really take you? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people, within one day all 300 MILLION people could theoretically be contacted during the next eight days!
What are you talking about????

"American GASOLINE" Fuel In made In The U.S.A...We inport oil, to make fuel..

“Careful! This old dawg bites!”

Level 3

Since: Dec 07

Near You

#4 Jun 10, 2008
Gas Hog wrote:
<quoted text>What are you talking about????
"American GASOLINE" Fuel In made In The U.S.A...We inport oil, to make fuel..
The US doesn't import all its oil.
cookie parker

Mishawaka, IN

#5 Jun 10, 2008
This is always good to know, IMHO. You can only hurt people in their money belts when they live and die profit.
Asco Man

Rupert, WV

#6 Jun 10, 2008
The problem with this is that if you boycott the companies that import oil and start buying from the ones that don't, the demand on those companies will increase and thus they'll have to purchase more oil from other sources. OPEC would likely be the place where these companies would have to buy the extra crude because of the demand. It's just a vicious cycle!
cookie parker

Mishawaka, IN

#7 Jun 10, 2008
Asco Man wrote:
The problem with this is that if you boycott the companies that import oil and start buying from the ones that don't, the demand on those companies will increase and thus they'll have to purchase more oil from other sources. OPEC would likely be the place where these companies would have to buy the extra crude because of the demand. It's just a vicious cycle!
There is that...but it's a start....we have to start with a statement somewhere, you know?

Also, voting for people looking for efficient cars and doing more to become less dependent on foreign oil like creating more jobs in more cities...so you don't have to commute so far to have a decent job.
Asco Man

Rupert, WV

#8 Jun 10, 2008
Maybe congress should levy extremely high tariffs on all imported crude? Other countries do it to our produces to deter their citizens from buying American produces.
Asco Man

Rupert, WV

#9 Jun 10, 2008
Products. Sorry, tired and not proofreading before sending. lol
Michelle

Springfield, OH

#10 May 12, 2010
Truthfully oil is precious it always has been and always will be. If we came up with a way to use water instead of oil we'd dry up all our water and it would 5.00 a gallon and the price of oil would go down so we would still buy it. I agree we should try to boycott the price gauging of other countries. I'm going to buy American. But shouldn't we buy American everything? Toys tools cars?!? Lol. Good luck finding the items that you can actually afford.
EllieJay

Boston, MA

#11 Jan 27, 2011
American goods are worth searching for and are often competitively priced. Look for products that are sold by American-owned companies, as well as products that are Made inthe USA. Call, email, or write to the American-owned oil companies and let them know where you stand.
Saigon

Princeton, WV

#12 Jan 30, 2011
Yellow Dawg wrote:
Hess.......... 0 barrels
ARC0.......... 0 barrels
STOP ALL OVERSEA AID.KEEP THIS MONEY AND FOOD AT HOME.LET THEM EAT tHE OIL>
kenneth

Clover, SC

#13 Mar 3, 2011
Since Murphy does not buy oil from opec then why is their price just as high as other companies that do???
Asco Man

Bluefield, WV

#14 Mar 3, 2011
EllieJay wrote:
American goods are worth searching for and are often competitively priced. Look for products that are sold by American-owned companies, as well as products that are Made inthe USA. Call, email, or write to the American-owned oil companies and let them know where you stand.
Did you know that New Balance shoes are the ONLY shoes that are made in the USA? I only buy New Balance.
MacDowell

Princeton, WV

#15 Mar 3, 2011
Saigon wrote:
<quoted text>STOP ALL OVERSEA AID.KEEP THIS MONEY AND FOOD AT HOME.LET THEM EAT tHE OIL>
Saudis are boycotting American products... Nothing is made here anymore. Look at all the stuff we buy. It's made In China.

Made In the USA is a thing of the past.
L Sanders Sr

Carlsbad, CA

#16 Mar 12, 2011
We should try to punish those who want to kill us in every way that we can but one way to help is to ride share if you can and drive only when you have to and make every trip out of the driveway count by bunching up your trips. I have been doing just that and I am using less gasoline. I have been trying to get the State Transportation Agency in California to make 2 diamond lanes where there are only one and three when there are only 2. This would make the other lanes a parking lot for about a couple of days because then folks would see the beneifit of ride sharing and we woould save a ton on gasoline and help out the environment too. wouldn't you like to punish the Arabs this way? It will put money in your pocket and save wear and tear on your expensive car or truck. Think about it.
Allpro120

United States

#17 Mar 22, 2011
...look, if the point is to purchase domestic oil and stop relying on foreign oil so much (which is a plan I agree with), then my response to the post that stated if we do this it will cause the demand to go up and domestic companies will have to go to opec as well, would be of course....for the short term, but it would (should, hopefully would) force the government to open up drilling for domestic oil...lets be self reliant when it comes to our energy sources please!
TheAlabamaRamble r

United States

#18 Apr 7, 2011
LOL - I am amazed that this silliness is still going around. Get the facts on this one at Snopes.com - http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/saudi...
Bryan Blanchard

Crescent City, CA

#19 Apr 24, 2011
its a real bummer that we are stuck buying none American products if i shopped all American i would be broke in no time and living on the streets.
Burningglass

Sneedville, TN

#20 Apr 25, 2011
It does not matter if you buy American gasoline or not. You have and Energy sec. that has said since day one of the Obama Adm. that the U.S. needs higher gas prices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 1 hr _Zoey_ 3,178
3 word story (Jul '11) 3 hr Dickens1 1,692
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 4 hr Old man- Bville 21,504
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 6 hr Hey Its Emma 26,176
are they any good men left thats not married or... 12 hr simple guy 13
friends beauty salon 15 hr Nosey 5
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 17 hr _FLATLINE-------- 4,269
More from around the web

Welch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE