Building on Va Av
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Pineville, WV

#1 Dec 6, 2012
Wonder why they tore down the new addition to the building where DonJolie is located? I went by one day and they were building a new addition and a couple of days later the new addition as well as a previous addition had been torn down.
1 post removed
Nice

Bluefield, WV

#3 Dec 6, 2012
dr office going in
Buy It Or Move It

Bluefield, WV

#4 Dec 8, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Wonder why they tore down the new addition to the building where DonJolie is located? I went by one day and they were building a new addition and a couple of days later the new addition as well as a previous addition had been torn down.
it was built 6 inches on hoppys land and he made them tear ir down. he waited until they had it built and then gave them the word,to tear it down,NOW!

what an azzhole!
RubberNeck

Welch, WV

#5 Dec 9, 2012
Wondering wrote:
I travel on Virginia Ave a lot. What/Who is Don Jolie? I didn't see any new construction/Old Construction anywhere on Virginia Ave.

More info. Please.
What A Crying Shame

Bluefield, WV

#6 Dec 9, 2012
RubberNeck wrote:
<quoted text>I travel on Virginia Ave a lot. What/Who is Don Jolie? I didn't see any new construction/Old Construction anywhere on Virginia Ave.
More info. Please.
Where the old Dairy Queen site was. Out next to the Chinese Bar and Resturaunt. Was building the building a lot bigger. Already had the big new adition under roof,and Hoppy put a stop to them building it. It was built and then all taken back down,within a few days.shameful! and dirty as hell. Someone spent a hell of a lot of money. WASTED!
life

Princeton, WV

#7 Dec 9, 2012
if you are going to build something make sure its on your land.what a dumb ass. i dont blame hoppy,i would have done the same thing.lol
RubberNeck

Welch, WV

#8 Dec 9, 2012
What A Crying Shame wrote:
<quoted text>Where the old Dairy Queen site was. Out next to the Chinese Bar and Resturaunt. Was building the building a lot bigger. Already had the big new adition under roof,and Hoppy put a stop to them building it. It was built and then all taken back down,within a few days.shameful! and dirty as hell. Someone spent a hell of a lot of money. WASTED!
I see now!
That building has been there for sometime now. It's not a new construction.

The old D-Q now H-R Block Tax building,
Hoppy's Father and Brother n-law Al.Chappel owned that lot and building at one time.
Al owned the D-Q.

Does Hoppy own it now?

“I Never Finish Anythi”

Level 4

Since: Dec 08

Premier, WV

#9 Dec 10, 2012
RubberNeck wrote:
<quoted text>I see now!
That building has been there for sometime now. It's not a new construction.
The old D-Q now H-R Block Tax building,
Hoppy's Father and Brother n-law Al.Chappel owned that lot and building at one time.
Al owned the D-Q.
Does Hoppy own it now?
The part that's still standing is not new. However, there was an addition to it that was brand new and that part has already been torn back down.
Cant Believe

Bluefield, WV

#10 Dec 10, 2012
Cathead wrote:
<quoted text>The part that's still standing is not new. However, there was an addition to it that was brand new and that part has already been torn back down.
I agree, He had spent over 40,000.00 on the new addition when the Police served the construction Company with a "Cease and Desist" Order on the Building. And thats when they started tearing it all back down.It was all torn back down and hauled away the next day. This was a shame.All over 6 inches of land....
Alvin Mullins

Welch, WV

#11 Dec 10, 2012
If this is true, then Hoppy Horne is a Piece Of Work.... The man already treats his employees like dirt beneath his feet. This isn't Topix Gossip, it's just the truth. The reason why myself and others like me could never work for Mister Horne is because the first time he talked down to me like a Little Kid, I'd tell him where to get off at and leave him standing there......
two punks together

Bluefield, WV

#12 Dec 10, 2012
is the old red headed man that loafs around the yard hoppys dad? hes a total jerk. he probally runs off more business there than what little the smart azz B@$turd does. he just sits around and talks crap to the workers and tries to talk shyt to some of the customers. he tried to run his smart mouth to me one day and i put the B@$turd in his place. hes a no good,lazy bum. if i was some of the workers there i would box his smart mouth for him.just thought the old smart azz was hoppys dad,both has the same attitude, same personality and both look like red headed quares.
RubberNeck

Welch, WV

#13 Dec 10, 2012
Alvin Mullins wrote:
If this is true, then Hoppy Horne is a Piece Of Work.... The man already treats his employees like dirt beneath his feet. This isn't Topix Gossip, it's just the truth. The reason why myself and others like me could never work for Mister Horne is because the first time he talked down to me like a Little Kid, I'd tell him where to get off at and leave him standing there......
Hoppy is a good businessman.
He want's everything done his way. He's the BOSS!

His Subway store is the best I've been in so far.
It's clean, The staff are kind/caring.
RubberNeck

Welch, WV

#14 Dec 10, 2012
Cathead wrote:
<quoted text>The part that's still standing is not new. However, there was an addition to it that was brand new and that part has already been torn back down.
Who's the owner of that building?

“I Never Finish Anythi”

Level 4

Premier, WV

#15 Dec 11, 2012
RubberNeck wrote:
<quoted text>Who's the owner of that building?
I don't really know who owns it.
vietnamse

Princeton, WV

#16 Dec 11, 2012
i think it is the little chink.watching them on jungle gold that is all they good for stealing land. they start out with inches and then feet and then yards.good for hoppy.
Hmmm

Princeton, WV

#17 Dec 11, 2012
vietnamse wrote:
i think it is the little chink.watching them on jungle gold that is all they good for stealing land. they start out with inches and then feet and then yards.good for hoppy.
why didn't hoppy stop them before the wasted all that money and time. It's not like he didn't see this happening. Sounds to me like he waited for the finish so he could finish. People who have plenty are greedy for if they wasn't greedy they wouldn't have so much!!!
my thoughts

Bluefield, WV

#18 Dec 11, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>why didn't hoppy stop them before the wasted all that money and time. It's not like he didn't see this happening. Sounds to me like he waited for the finish so he could finish. People who have plenty are greedy for if they wasn't greedy they wouldn't have so much!!!
he wanted to sale them all the materials to build it first, he probally knew if he told them,he knew he wouldnt be able to sale them all the building materials.greed for money will make you sneaky and mean
Hmmm

Princeton, WV

#19 Dec 11, 2012
my thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>he wanted to sale them all the materials to build it first, he probally knew if he told them,he knew he wouldnt be able to sale them all the building materials.greed for money will make you sneaky and mean
i agree with you. People don't understand that lowes will match any price plus ten percent off that. These small stores try to rob you and some let them. Go in Horne lumber and tell them it's cheaper some where's else, they tell you they don't match prices. Between hoppy and the Lewis you don't have a chance on anything. Monopoly I think it's called....
RubberNeck

Welch, WV

#20 Dec 11, 2012
Cathead wrote:
<quoted text>I don't really know who owns it.
I found out who owns it.

I'm not going to post his name on here. I know him.
He's a good man.

I'll give you a clue. He lives In Mercer County.

“I Never Finish Anythi”

Level 4

Premier, WV

#21 Dec 11, 2012
RubberNeck wrote:
<quoted text>I found out who owns it.
I'm not going to post his name on here. I know him.
He's a good man.
I'll give you a clue. He lives In Mercer County.
Hmmm....don't know, but it's OK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 52 min Sundog512 33,599
Word assocation (Sep '07) 7 hr luci 17,654
The Alphabet Game (Dec '11) 7 hr luci 2,384
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 7 hr luci 6,017
3 word story (Jul '11) 9 hr Princess Hey 2,002
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) Mon purplelady1040 36,356
Poll Best reason to support Bernie Sanders! (Oct '15) Sun Trump makes sense 45

Welch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance