McDowell County Corrections Administration

Posted in the Welch Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Words of encourgement

Bluefield, WV

#1 Aug 20, 2007
What do you think of the people there?(Not correction officers) More less the Business Manager, Record Clerks, and the Payroll/ Human Resource?

I think these people do a fine job, and go beyond their job.

I know the payroll girls do a lot more then what their description requires. They also do other peoples jobs for them basically.

The business manager also goes beyong his job.

These people are what the jail needs more of.

Keep up the good work!

Since: Sep 07

bradshaw,wv

#2 Sep 3, 2007
betty hardin is a 2 face *itch
confused

Princeton, WV

#3 Sep 4, 2007
firefighter_ems wrote:
What is this about. Betty Hardin is no longer associated with McDowell County Correctional Center. Has not been since December. I agree that the administration does a very good job. So does the trustee clerk and the warden's secretary. I hear they all work very good together also. Good to have people who can get along. There are a lot of good workers at the Correctional Center.
mee

Princeton, WV

#4 Sep 5, 2007
firefighter_ems wrote:
Why would u even put something on here about her? I've known her for years & she is a very nice Lady. She is probably the one that hired u and then had to fire u. Get over it.....I bet u would not get in her face and call her that ugly name.Shame on u

Since: Aug 07

San Francisco, CA

#5 Sep 5, 2007
mee wrote:
<quoted text>Why would u even put something on here about her? I've known her for years & she is a very nice Lady. She is probably the one that hired u and then had to fire u. Get over it.....I bet u would not get in her face and call her that ugly name.Shame on u
Not everybody wears rose colored glasses!
confused

Princeton, WV

#6 Sep 5, 2007
mee wrote:
<quoted text>Why would u even put something on here about her? I've known her for years & she is a very nice Lady. She is probably the one that hired u and then had to fire u. Get over it.....I bet u would not get in her face and call her that ugly name.Shame on u
Could not have said it better myself. Just leave her alone. She has been through enough and is still hanging in there. I commend her.
been there lived it

United States

#7 Feb 24, 2008
you need to keep an eye on your husbands & wives if they work there. It is a regular paton place. Homes and lives are destroyed there...I know because mine was. I have NO respect for any man or women that cheats. It will come home one day... you will hurt the same way you hurt.
sad to hear

Greenville, NC

#8 Feb 26, 2008
sorry to hear about your home being destoyed, but that can happen anywhere. it doesn't mean all people there are that way.
hello

Princeton, WV

#9 Feb 26, 2008
Betty Hardin is a very nice person, Give her credit for coming back to that backstabbing place. I wish her all the best!
This Person

Welch, WV

#10 Feb 26, 2008
the administration at MCCC in my opinion is doing a ok job, no worse than any othe facility. But somebody did make a mistake with the budget that left the place in the red. So in order ro make up for it the admin has had to shave off any monies they can from their officers, such as shift differential pay, college edumacation pay, specialized skill pay (EMT). This may not seem much to the admin and I understand the budget has to be balanced but when you take away pay people come to depend on I think its a shame. I just wish the mistake was caught the first time around so it wouln't have had to have resorted in taking away the much deserved and not enough pay the people there make.
My Opinion

Bluefield, WV

#11 Feb 27, 2008
In my opinion and I have witnessed it first hand, the payroll department are wonderful, the records department are wonderful and most of the business dept. are wonderful workers. Although a few of the business workers do not do their jobs, they have everyone else do their job and take the credit for it. They come and go as they please because they feel they should have "special treatment" and as sad as it is, they do. So to the ones that are actually doing their jobs, I have great respect for you for putting up with the crap that goes on there.
been there lived it

United States

#12 Mar 12, 2008
yea,it can happen anywhere,but mine just happened to be there, so did alot of other peoples at the time.....
Northfork CO

Marion, IL

#13 Mar 12, 2008
The place would be much better if a certain manager and her daughter weren't given special treatment by certain administrators. They get overtime and get a free pass when they don't come to work. Everyone else is told they will get fired or suspended if they don't come to work.
just here

United States

#14 Mar 12, 2008
IT WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE IF THERE HIGHER UP SECURITY STAFF KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING
vadoc1

Charleston, WV

#15 Mar 13, 2008
someone should have mentioned betty hardin a long time ago. she is one of the rudest and under qualified people i have ever met. i worked with her for about 2 years and couldn't stand her. she is the type of person who will walk by you and not even speak. she was very dirty to her employees. she had no clue what she was doing and if you ask her former employees, 75% if them would agree. before anybody starts defending her and/or bashing me, know that i am a very well educated and a very well liked person. i do not bash people for fun. i will, however, bash someone who deserves it. and believe me, she is one person who deserves it. do you really think that all those Correctional Officers, not just one or two - but a group, would have gone to the County Commission meetings and filed grievances on her if she was such a good person? so many of her former employees have done well for themselves since she left. some of us would have never even been considered if she were still in charge.
i agree

Greenville, NC

#16 Mar 13, 2008
Northfork CO wrote:
The place would be much better if a certain manager and her daughter weren't given special treatment by certain administrators. They get overtime and get a free pass when they don't come to work. Everyone else is told they will get fired or suspended if they don't come to work.
i couldn't agree more, and i know a whole lot of others that feel that same way. one smokes all the time and the other does who knows what.
Homeschool mom

Princeton, WV

#17 Mar 13, 2008
Northfork CO wrote:
EXACTLY!!!! I worked there and this is the truth I have seen this first hand and something needs to be done!!!!
coal miner

Princeton, WV

#18 Mar 14, 2008
GO AHEAD AND SAY SUPPOSE TO BE WARDEN HIS WOMAN AND THE DAUGHTER.ALL THREE IS USELESS AT WHAT GOES ON OUT THERE FROM WHAT I CAN GATHER.
i agree

Greenville, NC

#19 Mar 14, 2008
Homeschool mom wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY!!!! I worked there and this is the truth I have seen this first hand and something needs to be done!!!!
same sh!t, just a lot worse. they getting braver all the time

Since: Dec 07

Nacogdoches, TX

#20 Mar 14, 2008
been there lived it wrote:
you need to keep an eye on your husbands & wives if they work there. It is a regular paton place. Homes and lives are destroyed there...I know because mine was. I have NO respect for any man or women that cheats. It will come home one day... you will hurt the same way you hurt.
You need to take care of your home work or somebody else WILL !
SOL !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 word story (Jul '11) 1 hr Misty Fitch 1,453
mckinney 1 hr citizen 4
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 1 hr Mark mark 2,725
The Alphabet Game (Dec '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 1,780
Word assocation (Sep '07) 4 hr Theo 16,025
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 6 hr GANNY 20,784
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 9 hr mr goodwrench 25,680

Flood Watch for McDowell County was issued at March 02 at 7:44PM EST

Welch Dating
Find my Match