UPDATE: 2 students injured in alterca...

UPDATE: 2 students injured in altercation at Mount View High

There are 91 comments on the www.wvva.com story from Mar 30, 2011, titled UPDATE: 2 students injured in altercation at Mount View High. In it, www.wvva.com reports that:

Two students were hospitalized Wednesday evening following an altercation at Mount View High School in which one was stabbed with a pocket knife.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wvva.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Level 6

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 30, 2011
Here is the official story.
Blackhawk

United States

#2 Mar 30, 2011
When are we going to get really tough on this type of nonsense?....When we as a society start getting MEAN in dealing with these things, it will turn around, not until..
riverhippy

Beckley, WV

#3 Mar 30, 2011
Whatever happened to the good ol days when someone just fought with their fists and accepted the butt whip and moved on?!?! I was never arrests to fight someone but was scared to death of these pansy cowards!!!!! Ridiculous!!!!!
class of 98

Bluefield, WV

#4 Mar 30, 2011
riverhippy wrote:
Whatever happened to the good ol days when someone just fought with their fists and accepted the butt whip and moved on?!?! I was never arrests to fight someone but was scared to death of these pansy cowards!!!!! Ridiculous!!!!!
I am right with you on this and also what happened to "fair fighting"
hmm

Bluefield, WV

#5 Mar 30, 2011
riverhippy wrote:
because they all think they're 50 Cent or some other idiot. its really sad that people have to resort to this type of thing. fighting is bad enough but yeah, the days where it was just fists were better, but times have changed, only thing we can do is pray for these families.
Corrected

Bluefield, WV

#6 Mar 30, 2011
The only reason a knife was pulled out was because the other boy wouldn't quit beatin on him, after he was man enough to say I'm done. In my opinion this is self defence. Be honest with yourself people, would you had not did the same thing?
2 posts removed
Blackhawk

United States

#9 Mar 31, 2011
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
because they all think they're 50 Cent or some other idiot. its really sad that people have to resort to this type of thing. fighting is bad enough but yeah, the days where it was just fists were better, but times have changed, only thing we can do is pray for these families.
"because they all think they're 50 Cent or some other idiot"

Exactly!
My Fair Lady

Princeton, WV

#10 Mar 31, 2011
class of 98 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am right with you on this and also what happened to "fair fighting"
I dont condo,mn fighting at all , b/c fighting is not fair!!!!! at all.
wondering5

Barboursville, WV

#11 Mar 31, 2011
either or where was the staff,yea the kids was wrong but they are going to be kids and you cant change how they feel it what they have been allowed to see and be involved with, and if the other had the upper hand and nothing was being done to stop it then that may have been the only choice the other fells had to try and save hisself it doesnt make it ok or right by any means, but its just sad what we have all allowed ourkids to beome polluted with, lot of the problem fall back to the parents. I agree the youth of today have way to many advantages the adults need to take control. Whip your kids dont beat them but show them who the boss is get the belt and switches back out and put the paddle back in school,stop teaching these kids no one can whip you its abuse,these kids need told , you will listen to the adults or you will get a whippin you wont back talk or you will get yourmouth smacked and you will work and do chores then you can have fun, if your graes arent good you will be grounded, we need to take contorl back and then when these kids have a scuffle let them work it out right then , encourage them not to sit and plot and make it worse and form there lil gangs and groups, make them see if you cant treat them all as the same then shame on you. I have one child and I try to teach her right from wrong and that if she is botherd at school she is to stand up for her self and not to let others walk over her and if someone else gets physical then she is to as well to protect herself but if she ever starts it she is introuble big trouble however if she doesnt stand up for herself and I find out someone is bullying her then she will be in more trouble when she gets home. It seems people thinkg they can fix everything with a written rule, lets just keep it plain and simple and not try to make everything so political. Im sure a lot of people agree.
WOW

Maysel, WV

#12 Mar 31, 2011
I think it's the bus driver's fault because it happened in the parking lot after the boys got off the bus.
sorry

Welch, WV

#13 Mar 31, 2011
It all falls on the parents they are not raising their kids right. They have left out the proper correction and are not holding their children responsible for their actions. No the bus drivers are not at fault and the staffing are not at fault it all starts at home. The parents need to come up to the olate and be adults and stop teaching their kids that they should fight to protect themselves. the last few generations have left behind morals and decided to live like animals and fight their way through life. If more people would live like a christian like they say they are we would have all of the things happening in our school system. And by the way the word "christian" means Christ Like!! They are very few people that claim to be that that live that kind of life. You have to want to live that kind of life it don't just come naturally. But to live that life that the most are living is the easy road dog eat dog! The other problem is you have all of these different churches preaching whatever it takes to get members so their pockets will stay full but they don't require their members to live the life of a christian. THAT IS WHY OUR WORLD IS IN THE SHAPE IT IS! IT'S ALL ABOUT ME KIND OF PEOPLE
sorry

Welch, WV

#14 Mar 31, 2011
before I am corrected the mistake (olate) was Plate
sorry

Welch, WV

#15 Mar 31, 2011
the last few generations have left behind morals and decided to live like animals and fight their way through life. If more people would live like a christian like they say they are we would have all of the things happening in our school system

corrected sentence:
If more people would live like a christian like they say they are we would not have all of the things happening in our school system
parent

United States

#16 Mar 31, 2011
They need to put metal detectors in the schools.
1 post removed
honestly

Bluefield, WV

#18 Mar 31, 2011
What they need to do is hire security guards and put them on campus, that way they would not depend on a PO that may or may not be there. Then actually give these people the authority to do the job. You continuously hear on these boards parents complaining about the way the school violates their kids privacy, or try to maintain some order by not letting the students run the halls. As soon as something like this happens, then complaints start about why doesn't the school (teachers, principal) do something to prevent it. Well, you can not have it both ways. Proactive measures need to be instituted. Security guards, video cameras metal detectors all need to be put into place. I would even like to see web cams with live video streaming in the classroom. that way parents can log on and watch what happens in the classroom. Kids would probably behave better if they thought mom and dad waas watching. Not to mention the effect that it would have on the way the instructors interact. I have heard parents talk about how the teachers sau their kids are acting in school, only to say, my kid wouldn't do that. The cameras do not lie.
just wondering

Princeton, WV

#19 Mar 31, 2011
Stop blaming other people. The blame should be placed where it belongs....on the boy who brought the weapon (knife) to school and stabbed another student. Stop trying to sugar coat it! It is what it is!

“HobertC The1Great AwesomeOne ”

Level 9

Since: Apr 08

Welch WV

#20 Mar 31, 2011
Seem like the parents was fighting too from what the Bluefield paper said... this morning...
For your information

Bluefield, WV

#21 Mar 31, 2011
just wondering wrote:
Stop blaming other people. The blame should be placed where it belongs....on the boy who brought the weapon (knife) to school and stabbed another student. Stop trying to sugar coat it! It is what it is!
It was a good thing that the young man did have a knife on him because if he didnt the other boy would have killed him! So the boy that got stabbed got what he deserved!!! Swtich the roles & tell me if you would not have did the same if it were you! If you where sayin I'm done, would you stand there and keep lettin' your ass get beat? I very seriously doubt that! thanks!
just wondering

Princeton, WV

#22 Mar 31, 2011
For your information wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a good thing that the young man did have a knife on him because if he didnt the other boy would have killed him! So the boy that got stabbed got what he deserved!!! Swtich the roles & tell me if you would not have did the same if it were you! If you where sayin I'm done, would you stand there and keep lettin' your ass get beat? I very seriously doubt that! thanks!
Apparently this young man already had all intentions (premeditated) of using the knife on someone, otherwise he wouldn't have had it in school. No matter how you look at it you CANNOT condone this young man carrying a knife to school. There is a ZERO tolerance for carrying a weapon to school and every student in the county knows it.
Finally

Beckley, WV

#23 Mar 31, 2011
"Stop blaming other people. The blame should be placed where it belongs....on the boy who brought the weapon (knife) to school and stabbed another student. Stop trying to sugar coat it! It is what it is!"

Finally the most sensible response. Those two individuals are equally responsible for the physical harm they inflicted on each other, and for what? Tell me what issue was so major to act in such a stupid manner.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 9 min 2dollarbill 45,301
courthouse 57 min TryAgain 7
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 8 hr Youknow 4,490
The Alphabet Game (Dec '11) Thu Rose 3,067
Holiday Word Assocation (Nov '08) Thu -Papa-Smurf- 1,788
Word assocation (Sep '07) Thu -Papa-Smurf- 18,351
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) Thu -Papa-Smurf- 7,725

Welch Jobs

Personal Finance

Welch Mortgages