Welch Bantam's being sold?

Posted in the Welch Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hcl

Capon Bridge, WV

#1 Dec 11, 2012
I hear Kibby is selling out all his gas stations to a new owner, has anyone else heard this?
Not a Steeler Fan

Bluefield, WV

#2 Dec 11, 2012
Kibby doesn't own Bantam, Hoppy Horn does.
Hmmm

Princeton, WV

#3 Dec 11, 2012
hcl wrote:
I hear Kibby is selling out all his gas stations to a new owner, has anyone else heard this?
you mean a new crook.. I try not to buy from gas stations owned by hoppy or the Lewis's. greedy people
gas hogg

Yawkey, WV

#4 Dec 11, 2012
hcl wrote:
its the kwik serv's sold to little general starting january 1 2013, they will shut down for inventory and then open back, kibby's not the man his father is , kibby is a failure, when it come's to running a business
Tom Toler

Troy, VA

#5 Dec 11, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>you mean a new crook.. I try not to buy from gas stations owned by hoppy or the Lewis's. greedy people
Hmm !do you still swallow?
Hmmm

Princeton, WV

#6 Dec 11, 2012
Tom Toler wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm !do you still swallow?
no I quit that when people like you took over, nothing left to swallow. You are a gulper.
my thoughts

Bluefield, WV

#7 Dec 11, 2012
gas hogg wrote:
<quoted text>its the kwik serv's sold to little general starting january 1 2013, they will shut down for inventory and then open back, kibby's not the man his father is , kibby is a failure, when it come's to running a business
all stores will be remodeled to meet little generals standards. at least they will have public restrooms. i will start buying gas there,if and when they open up the restrooms. I havent bought gas at any of the lewises stores in years,because of no bathrooms.will have delis in all stores too.
Stupid in McDowell County

Welch, WV

#8 Dec 11, 2012
I don't understand this topic.

The Welch Bantam belongs to H.Horne.
hcl

Capon Bridge, WV

#9 Dec 11, 2012
okk so i was mis informed i always thought he owned the bantam sorry. but i did hear little general bought him out. i am guessing the hyockk and the kwik servs will also be little general or will it shut down.
hcl

Capon Bridge, WV

#10 Dec 11, 2012
people are such smart asses on this site by the way simple mistake
Stupid in McDowell County

Welch, WV

#11 Dec 11, 2012
hcl wrote:
okk so i was mis informed i always thought he owned the bantam sorry. but i did hear little general bought him out. i am guessing the hyockk and the kwik servs will also be little general or will it shut down.
What does okk/hyockk spell?
Jerry Lewis

Welch, WV

#12 Dec 11, 2012
gas hogg wrote:
<quoted text>its the kwik serv's sold to little general starting january 1 2013, they will shut down for inventory and then open back, kibby's not the man his father is , kibby is a failure, when it come's to running a business
If that's true, It look's like the Lewis families are pulling out of McDowell County.

The H.C.Lewis auto repair has closed.
Is the home heating oil business closed now?

I never see any of their oil truck's on the road's anymore.
H C lewis Oil Co

Bluefield, WV

#13 Dec 12, 2012
Jerry Lewis wrote:
<quoted text>If that's true, It look's like the Lewis families are pulling out of McDowell County.
The H.C.Lewis auto repair has closed.
Is the home heating oil business closed now?
I never see any of their oil truck's on the road's anymore.
the heating oil office will be in the house beside the parking lot as you are pulling into the H C Lewis Parking Lot, That will remain open for business.The lil yellow house.they are remodeling it now,to be Office Building. That will be Mr Frank Cooley Lewis Office. He thinks hes a Lewis anyway.Hes useless. The better one is the Kiser Guy that works for Lewis Oil Co
Sweet Meat

Princeton, WV

#14 Dec 12, 2012
I also heard they sold to Little General. But I think it's a shame that Mr Kibby will not tell any of his employees anything. They are in the dark about everything. When you ask them all they say is I don't know. But I guess that's how it is when you're a big shot. Forget the little people that helped make you that way. Sad but it's true.
its time

Princeton, WV

#15 Dec 12, 2012
i bet if little general moves in the riff raff in front will move out.no more druggies hanging out in front of the store.
Jerry Lewis

Welch, WV

#16 Dec 12, 2012
H C lewis Oil Co wrote:
<quoted text>the heating oil office will be in the house beside the parking lot as you are pulling into the H C Lewis Parking Lot, That will remain open for business.The lil yellow house.they are remodeling it now,to be Office Building. That will be Mr Frank Cooley Lewis Office. He thinks hes a Lewis anyway.Hes useless. The better one is the Kiser Guy that works for Lewis Oil Co
I never see their oil truck's on the road. Why?
I was told the Frank retired.
Ruler of the Realm

Ogden, AR

#17 Dec 13, 2012
Jerry Lewis wrote:
<quoted text>I never see their oil truck's on the road. Why?
I was told the Frank retired.
if there is no fuel oil delivery then there will be a lot of frozen folks this winter. but maybe they will switch to propane. saw the huge propane container across from pendry's. i asked about it and like another poster said, all you get around here is "i don't know." seems no one around here is up for the truth or informing anyone. no wonder there is such b.s. on forums like this. and why the hell doesn't the so called newspaper give the details on events such as the installation of a propane container. if you advertise people will buy. heard h.c.lewis moved to roderfield. wtf is that all about. of you are going out of buiness at least let peopl know. and if you move let them know. if not you will lose business. who wants to go to roderfield for car repairs? looks like the big four is gonna get a lot more business. and he charges through the friggin roof for everything. a dollar more a gallon even for kerosene.
as for the bantam and the subway that guy makes the stingiest sandwiches i ever ate. went once. won;t go again. better in bluefield and on the way to bluefield on 52south. just my opinion.
peace.
SCAT GET AWAY LEAVE

Bluefield, WV

#18 Dec 13, 2012
Ruler of the Realm wrote:
<quoted text>
if there is no fuel oil delivery then there will be a lot of frozen folks this winter. but maybe they will switch to propane. saw the huge propane container across from pendry's. i asked about it and like another poster said, all you get around here is "i don't know." seems no one around here is up for the truth or informing anyone. no wonder there is such b.s. on forums like this. and why the hell doesn't the so called newspaper give the details on events such as the installation of a propane container. if you advertise people will buy. heard h.c.lewis moved to roderfield. wtf is that all about. of you are going out of buiness at least let peopl know. and if you move let them know. if not you will lose business. who wants to go to roderfield for car repairs? looks like the big four is gonna get a lot more business. and he charges through the friggin roof for everything. a dollar more a gallon even for kerosene.
as for the bantam and the subway that guy makes the stingiest sandwiches i ever ate. went once. won;t go again. better in bluefield and on the way to bluefield on 52south. just my opinion.
peace.
you were not imformed about anything that goes on in McDowell County because you are hated and not wanted. Thats why people like you are never told about whats going on here. GET LOST!! MOVE!! You are not wanted here!! Get the hint?
Town of Welch

Welch, WV

#19 Dec 13, 2012
SCAT GET AWAY LEAVE wrote:
<quoted text>
you were not imformed about anything that goes on in McDowell County because you are hated and not wanted. Thats why people like you are never told about whats going on here. GET LOST!! MOVE!! You are not wanted here!! Get the hint?
Respect the comments of other's.
sad

Maysel, WV

#20 Dec 15, 2012
I am not suprised. When you start letting drug dealers hang all over your lot, and you hire people who couldnt pass a drug test then business will fall off. I hate it for the ones who worked so hard to leave something for the families, the only desent one out of the bunch is Lenny and Mary. Watch for the big houses to be for sale next, of course they will want way above what they are worth. what is it Toby Keith says, white trash with money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 18 min purplelady1040 32,302
Word assocation (Sep '07) 2 hr luci 17,381
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 15 hr _FLATLINE-------- 5,540
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 20 hr well 1,287
The Alphabet Game (Dec '11) 22 hr luci 2,198
Will kimball walmart close? (Jun '15) Thu Delbert 39
Another Loss Wed Bill 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Welch Mortgages