Stevens Correctional Facility

Posted in the Welch Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Well

United States

#1 May 17, 2010
I was just wondering Where do I go to apply? Does anyone recommend working there? I want to try it But haven't heard any good or bad about it. Can you guys help me out? I need a job bad.
mana

Walker, WV

#2 May 17, 2010
Their ad has been on Welch Workforce for about 3 months now.

But so far, I've heard nothing but bad things about that place and it's really holding me up from applying.

Talked to 2 former guards and one who changed his mind after the orientation.
Well

United States

#3 May 17, 2010
Thanks for the tid-bit of info I'll be thinking twice about it.
x CO2

United States

#4 May 18, 2010
Well I would not work there if I was you. It realy not the Inmate that are house there. It mostly the people you work with, There is No Control there. I found out later on that the DOC is not so happy with that person. I personaly think the County need to Give it up and let the state Run that place. Before someone get in some bad shit! BUt that my Opinion,
mana

Walker, WV

#5 May 18, 2010
x CO2 wrote:
Well I would not work there if I was you. It realy not the Inmate that are house there. It mostly the people you work with, There is No Control there. I found out later on that the DOC is not so happy with that person. I personaly think the County need to Give it up and let the state Run that place. Before someone get in some bad shit! BUt that my Opinion,
What don't someone just blow the whistle on ALL THE CORRUPTION THERE?
Well

United States

#6 May 18, 2010
I was told that when the inmates are mean they pull them off the camera's and beat their butt. Someone needs to check in on this. My mind is changed I ain't even gonna try it.
mana

Walker, WV

#7 May 18, 2010
Well wrote:
I was told that when the inmates are mean they pull them off the camera's and beat their butt. Someone needs to check in on this. My mind is changed I ain't even gonna try it.
Me either.

Not even worth the money they pay anyway.
ontheoutsidelook ingin

Welch, WV

#8 May 18, 2010
If any of you had any clue what you are talking about, you would know better. I doubt very seriously if any inmates are being taken off camera and beaten. xCO2, after reading that statement, I can see why you are an xCO2. If any of you are the type to believe anything said on a website known for nothing more than gossip, I'm sure Stevens Correctional Center is better off without you.. If your statement is true mana, it looks as if they just avoided more of the corruption by Well deciding not to apply.
whatever

Spanishburg, WV

#9 May 18, 2010
I am so sick of hearing people bash this place..
My husband works there and they are alot of other great CO's there...yes they are some corrupt people but not all of them are bad....Alot of them do their jobs according to policy...Its not a bad place to work...decent pay, benefits and alot of OT
In the past there have been alot of people who got fired for bringing contraband in, sleeping with inmates...etc... but they have been doing a great job getting that trash out of there....they can only do so much, got to have evidence you know....

But please quit talking smack about this place...be happy that it provides alot of jobs in this county
1 post removed
miss c

Princeton, WV

#11 Jun 1, 2010
Well wrote:
I was just wondering Where do I go to apply? Does anyone recommend working there? I want to try it But haven't heard any good or bad about it. Can you guys help me out? I need a job bad.
RUN LIKE HELL !!!
miss c

Princeton, WV

#12 Jun 2, 2010
Well wrote:
HELL , NO , ITS BAD , WANT HELP ?, FORGET IT !!!! ON DA REAL YO !!!!!!!!!!
miss c

Princeton, WV

#13 Jun 2, 2010
forget it run away its real bad yo very racist death wish been there 7 years run AWAY !!!!!
1 post removed
Agree

Bluefield, WV

#15 Oct 7, 2011
whatever wrote:
I am so sick of hearing people bash this place..
My husband works there and they are alot of other great CO's there...yes they are some corrupt people but not all of them are bad....Alot of them do their jobs according to policy...Its not a bad place to work...decent pay, benefits and alot of OT
In the past there have been alot of people who got fired for bringing contraband in, sleeping with inmates...etc... but they have been doing a great job getting that trash out of there....they can only do so much, got to have evidence you know....
But please quit talking smack about this place...be happy that it provides alot of jobs in this county
Not only do the do their job and work very hard at what they do, the darn DOC does not want the facility. They get the beds without all the hassle. Has anyone talked to Rubenstein and asked him if he was not happy with how the place is run. I doubt it...as usual...just more gossip.
here to tell the truth

Clay, WV

#16 Oct 18, 2011
the doc needs to get a decent warden and things would improve 150 percent has any one ever suggested this to the doc to get a real experienced educated warden
Drema Bell

Spanishburg, WV

#17 Oct 18, 2011
The DOC has nothing to do with hiring the warden and the warden they have there has almost 20 years of experience. I do not think you are going to get one with much more experience than that. The warden's job is a very hard job and most of the decisions he has to make are not popular decisions, but I truly believe Mr Dingus tries very hard to be fair and that he deserves the position he has.
OLD BEE

Bluefield, WV

#18 Oct 22, 2011
I work there and can tell you there are things that go on there that I don't neccessarily agree with. Nevertheless you can say that about anywhere. There are many who work there who are dedicated and strive to be as honest and resilient as they possibly can. The place is always trying to hire good, honest people to performing jobs that receive little praise, money, or respect while protecting both the public and inmates from potential harm. If you want to make a change then you too should apply.
1 post removed
Whattttt

Brentwood, TN

#20 Oct 22, 2011
Which female C.O. are you talkin bout? Is it M.H.
wellwellwell

Princeton, WV

#21 Oct 22, 2011
just sayin wrote:
I use to work there to just recently left it because of the way it is and i know what i seen and how the one's that work their talked of the thing's they are doing.They look at it as just a pay check and could care less.they get out at the front door's at the parking lot and talk about each other behind one another's back's . more so about the party's they have and how they wanna hook up with this guy or girl.Its bad ! there is some good people working there but there is alot of people that is just there for the fun it seem's. i know of three or four that are letting there personal live's interfear with there job's ! i know i worked 4-12 and worked alot of overtime and there was a blonde with glasses that works 12-8 and i herd worked there before in the mail room. that is getting around with a couple of the male gaurd's and from what higher up's say is getting round with the inmates i have herd with my own ear's from her mouth talking bout the wild stuff she does and is going to do and then i would take break with a couple male gaurds who would be talking bout the things she would do with him and his buddy's (nasty)then the inmate's would tell me of what she was doing and ask me did i do the same (NO)and when i would tell higher up's they would say we know. these male gaurd's are as bad because that is all they talk about her and two female's in medical how they will do anything.well i didnt like the thought of that being said about me! my husband and kid's mean more than that not to meantion my life ! but i guess some women dont care about being talked about like trash and then showing it by talking about it out front.so if you dont mind this kinda of stuff in the work place go for it but if your not in to going with THIS GUY(s) or THAT GIRL(s)you wont last they try to make you look bad to everybody else ! GOOD LUCK !!
I agree there are some good employees there but all the bad ones make everyone look bad...I know a few people who work there and here things about the place all the time...Like how all some people do there is drink & party...Also hear about all the affairs going on with single & married officers....its pitiful
they need to get all the bad people out so it will quit giving everyone a bad rep
I know

Princeton, WV

#22 Oct 22, 2011
Whattttt wrote:
Which female C.O. are you talkin bout? Is it M.H.
sounds like she's talking about ole Tina Blackburn lol
1 post removed
BEEN THERE

Brentwood, TN

#24 Oct 22, 2011
WHAT EVER U GUYS DO I WOULDNT RECOMMEND ANYBOYDY WORKING AT STEVEN'S CORRECTIONAL CENTER BECAUSE ITS NOT THE INMATES U HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ITS THE OFFICERS... I PROMISE I WORKED THERE I KNOW HOW IT IS THE PEOPLE U HAVE TO WATCH OUT FOR IS WINGO,ANDRIGO,MUTTER,TILLER,TH E MIDGET,HUNT,HURST,BECKER,..... THESE ARE PRETTY MUCH THE ONES THAT U SHOULD NOT HANG OUT WITH OR EVEN BE AROUND I SWEAR ON EVERYTHING THAT I LOVE THIS IS NO LIE..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 43 min purplelady1040 33,480
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 6 hr Princess Hey 6,001
The Alphabet Game (Dec '11) 7 hr Princess Hey 2,375
Word assocation (Sep '07) 7 hr Princess Hey 17,638
Stadium Dr Welch 18 hr Weepy 5
Welch Music Thread (Apr '12) 20 hr Louis 448
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) Fri Sundog512 36,353

Welch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance