McDowell County Jail
Lynda

Franklin, NY

#1 Feb 7, 2007
Does anyone know what is going on with the jail? Heard they got rid of Betty Hardin who has been there for years, and I always thought she was doing a tremendous job. Guess she didn't do what a politician wanted or else the politician promised her job to someone else.
my guess is

Princeton, WV

#2 Feb 7, 2007
the Department Of Corrections is wrestling control of both facilities from the county. They put a state employee in as warden. They are trying to close the county jail to county inmates. WVDOC really doesn't want to be here and are making us suffer for them being forced to leave their area and come work here.
watching

Bryans Road, MD

#3 Feb 15, 2007
if she was so great why so many employee turn around and so many guards pregnant by inmate sounds to me like she should have been gone along time ago
diabolos

Princeton, WV

#4 Feb 15, 2007
And to think,our state government is trying to pass a law to allow them to carried a gun.
bob

Princeton, WV

#5 Feb 15, 2007
They do carry guns during transports at Stephens. I can't comment on Bety's job but I think the root problem is the state going for control.
1 post removed
Wondering

Clay, WV

#7 Sep 29, 2008
watching wrote:
if she was so great why so many employee turn around and so many guards pregnant by inmate sounds to me like she should have been gone along time ago
Well the turnover rate is just as high under the new warden. Employees are dropping like flies.
interested

Orgas, WV

#8 Sep 29, 2008
Is the red head, Katie still there?
someone who knows

United States

#9 Oct 1, 2008
I don't think you need to worry to much about what the old jail does. Its the new one I would be concerned about what was going on.
someone who knows

United States

#10 Oct 1, 2008
I wouldn't be worried to much about what is going on at the old jail. Its stevens that i would be worried about. They do have a high turnover rate.
Mr H

Bluefield, WV

#11 Oct 9, 2008
i think that what they were talking about....
Stan

Lenoir, NC

#12 Jul 31, 2010
someone who knows wrote:
I don't think you need to worry to much about what the old jail does. Its the new one I would be concerned about what was going on.
Exactly right about that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 14 min watcher 44 26,061
Create your own Forum 16 min texas pete 357
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 3 hr Mark mark 27,334
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 4 hr I KNOW 3,791
4 Word Game (Sep '08) 17 hr Misty Fitch 2,895
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 18 hr honeymylove 4,407
why are ol men grumpy? (Dec '14) 22 hr texas pete 192
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Welch Mortgages