Lonesome Dove movie: ... Fav. sa...

Lonesome Dove movie: ... Fav. sayings / quotes.

Posted in the Welch Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Paint

Yadkinville, NC

#1 Jun 4, 2011
What's y'alls favorite quotes ???

Gus McCrae:... It's not dying I'm talking about, It's living !!

Gus McCrae:... You know how it goes, Jake. You ride with an outlaw, yOu die with an outlaw.... Sorry you crossed the line.
Paint

Yadkinville, NC

#2 Jun 4, 2011
Lorie darlin', life in San Francisco, you see, is still just life. If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment.

The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself.

LOlOLol ... Ole' Gus !!

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#3 Jun 4, 2011
How about a poke?

Hehehehehe....
Bush

Logan, WV

#4 Jun 4, 2011
Jake Spoon: "Well, hell, boys. I'd damn sight rather be hung by my friends than by a bunch o' damn strangers."

LOL!
Paint

Yadkinville, NC

#5 Jun 4, 2011
Sundog512 wrote:
How about a poke?
Hehehehehe....
Weeelll,... I use too sell it !!___ But now, I cAn't even give it aWay. Lololol .........

I couldn't find what nor where Lorie has said something back. Lol
Paint

Yadkinville, NC

#6 Jun 4, 2011
Bush wrote:
Jake Spoon: "Well, hell, boys. I'd damn sight rather be hung by my friends than by a bunch o' damn strangers."
LOL!
Gee, I forgot all about that saying.... That movie was so long. I forgot and foget most all of em.
Paint

Yadkinville, NC

#7 Jun 4, 2011
Woodrow: ... It is better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.
Bush

Logan, WV

#8 Jun 4, 2011
Woodrow Call: You ever get tired o' loafin' I reckon you can get a job waitin' on tables.

Gus McCrae: Oh, I had a job waitin' tables once. S' on a riverboat. I wasn't no older than Newt, there, but I hadda give it up.

Newt: How come?

Gus McCrae: Well I was, too young and pretty and the whores wouldn't let me alone.
Paint

Yadkinville, NC

#9 Jun 4, 2011
Bush wrote:
Woodrow Call: You ever get tired o' loafin' I reckon you can get a job waitin' on tables.
Gus McCrae: Oh, I had a job waitin' tables once. S' on a riverboat. I wasn't no older than Newt, there, but I hadda give it up.
Newt: How come?
Gus McCrae: Well I was, too young and pretty and the whores wouldn't let me alone.
Lololo ... Very good one. Lol
1 post removed
Bush

Logan, WV

#11 Jun 5, 2011
LOL...awwwwww......look! You have a friend "Paint"! They gave you a peanut...LOL...some people are so childish!
bluedeer

Marlinton, WV

#12 Jun 5, 2011
Woodrow to Gus..." What do you need with 2 legs anyway."

Gus " I might wanna kick a pig."
Bush

Logan, WV

#13 Jun 5, 2011
Gus McCrae: I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less.
Paint

Yadkinville, NC

#14 Jun 5, 2011
Bush wrote:
LOL...awwwwww......look! You have a friend "Paint"! They gave you a peanut...LOL...some people are so childish!
Well I didn't think anyone even paid attention.
Paint

Yadkinville, NC

#15 Jun 5, 2011
Woodrow Call: "Tend your biscuits. I expect you been up all night readin' the good book."

Gus McCrae: "Well, it's hard to have fun in a place like this, but... I do my best. Biscuits are ready."

Woodrow Call: "We come to this place to make money, wasn't nothing about fun in the deal."

Gus McCrae: "What are you talking about, you don't even like money. You like money less than you like fun. If that's possible."
cowboy1227

Colorado Springs, CO

#16 Oct 31, 2012
"Why hell yes I'm ready. Don't I look ready?"
Gus, in his long handle underwear when asked if he was ready to go.
CEH

Dallas, TX

#17 Jan 29, 2013
"Any man who rents a pig, can't be stopped".. Gus to Woodrow when leaving the Ranch headed North..
Paint

Smithfield, NC

#18 Jan 29, 2013
Gus McCrae: Well the first man comes along that can read Latin is welcome to rob us, far as I'm concerned. I'd like a chance t' shoot at a educated man once in my life.

Lolol ...
tc_spurs

Olive Branch, MS

#19 Feb 12, 2013
cowboy1227 wrote:
"Why hell yes I'm ready. Don't I look ready?"
Gus, in his long handle underwear when asked if he was ready to go.
Gus wasn't in his longhandles in this scene. He was naked.
Nancy4321

United States

#20 Feb 14, 2013
Absoulty love these movies, yet I haven't seen Streets of Larado, and I need to see it so badly! I think my favorite movie is either Comanche Moon or Dead Man's Walk. One of my favorite quotes is when Gus says to Call "It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living." Absoulty Love it!!!
Sincerely,
Nancy
mmullenw

Austin, TX

#21 Aug 12, 2013
I don't want to begin to think, Woodrow, of all the things we should have done for this good man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 1 hr Izzy-_- 39,555
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 2 hr Izzy-_- 4,949
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 6 hr COOTERDOG 36,932
sheriff 6 hr COOTERDOG 21
Welch Music Thread (Apr '12) 7 hr Gary Coaldigger 461
Wicca Is Witchcraft (Mar '11) 12 hr COOTERDOG 2,074
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 20 hr Princess Hey 6,496

Welch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance