Jesco White in Beckley newspaper

Jesco White in Beckley newspaper

Posted in the Welch Forum

Mr TMP

Pflugerville, TX

#1 Jul 13, 2008
http://www.register-herald.com/features/local...

I've always been a fan of Jesco's. Sure he's a good dancer, but I like his story telling better.

Hope that documentary makes it to MTV. Maybe he'll get a good payday from it.
WV gal

Sevierville, TN

#2 Jul 13, 2008
Has the documentary already been filmed? I enjoyed the first one so much, I would like to know when this one will be available for the public!
Mr TMP

Pflugerville, TX

#3 Jul 13, 2008
WV gal wrote:
Has the documentary already been filmed? I enjoyed the first one so much, I would like to know when this one will be available for the public!
The way I read it they filmed it and are trying to sell it to MTV. So maybe we'll see it or maybe not. Maybe it'll be a flop like when Roseanne saw his tattoos and got mad a shortened his apperance on her show. Wasn't his fault, he didn't even know what the tattoo meant.
WV gal

Sevierville, TN

#4 Jul 13, 2008
Mr TMP wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I read it they filmed it and are trying to sell it to MTV. So maybe we'll see it or maybe not. Maybe it'll be a flop like when Roseanne saw his tattoos and got mad a shortened his apperance on her show. Wasn't his fault, he didn't even know what the tattoo meant.
What was this about? What kind of tatoo did he have?
Mr TMP

Pflugerville, TX

#5 Jul 13, 2008
Jesco Goes to Hollywood is the document of his journey. It has more of a narrative structure than the first film: Jesco and filmmaker Young get on a plane and fly to Hollywood, where Jesco dances down the Avenue of Stars and appears on the TV show. The producers of Roseanne wouldn't allow Young to include the actual scene in this film, but we see plenty of the
rehearsal, including Jesco dancing while Dweezil Zappa plays "Wildwood Flower" on guitar. "I thought his name was Weasel," Jesco says.

A couple of the more affecting moments come when Jesco is getting makeup applied for the first time in his life, before the show; and afterward when he goes to a tattoo parlor to get a crude jailhouse swastika covered. Roseanne and Tom, both Jewish, were shocked at the tattoo, but Arnold quickly realized that Jesco didn't really understand the symbol's significance. He hands Jesco a wad of bills and directs him to the Hollywood Boulevard shop where he and Roseanne both had numerous tattoos applied, and Jesco emerges with three huge roses covering most of his hand and wrist.

WV gal

Sevierville, TN

#6 Jul 13, 2008
Mr TMP wrote:
Jesco Goes to Hollywood is the document of his journey. It has more of a narrative structure than the first film: Jesco and filmmaker Young get on a plane and fly to Hollywood, where Jesco dances down the Avenue of Stars and appears on the TV show. The producers of Roseanne wouldn't allow Young to include the actual scene in this film, but we see plenty of the
rehearsal, including Jesco dancing while Dweezil Zappa plays "Wildwood Flower" on guitar. "I thought his name was Weasel," Jesco says.
A couple of the more affecting moments come when Jesco is getting makeup applied for the first time in his life, before the show; and afterward when he goes to a tattoo parlor to get a crude jailhouse swastika covered. Roseanne and Tom, both Jewish, were shocked at the tattoo, but Arnold quickly realized that Jesco didn't really understand the symbol's significance. He hands Jesco a wad of bills and directs him to the Hollywood Boulevard shop where he and Roseanne both had numerous tattoos applied, and Jesco emerges with three huge roses covering most of his hand and wrist.
oh....I see. Thanks for the info. I also hope MTV will air this documentary.
Mr TMP

Pflugerville, TX

#7 Jul 15, 2008
Someone has put part of the original documentary on You Tube in 4 parts. Here's part 1:

&fe ature=related
JESCORAMA 3000

United States

#8 Jul 18, 2008
Here is his myspace....
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Welch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wicca Is Witchcraft (Mar '11) 30 min purplelady1040 22,283
Can I get pills in Isaban? 11 hr Cole Slaw 3
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 12 hr Sundog512 38,927
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 15 hr FIT59 4,011
The Alphabet Game (Dec '11) 21 hr -Papa-Smurf- 2,627
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 22 hr -Papa-Smurf- 6,938
Absenteeism in WV schools. (Sep '16) Sat Dewey 29

Welch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance